View Single Post
Share |
Old 08-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Dilemma...How do I keep people on my website?

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new business. Without giving too much away my website will essentially be a marketplace between buyers and sellers. It is a reverse auction where buyers can receive quotes from several suppliers for a service and the buyer then orders their preferred supplier by paying on our website.

However, we have a dilemma. How do we keep buyers from interacting with suppliers offline and trying to get a better deal in the process? We are charging commission for bringing the buyer to the supplier. So if the supplier charges 500 for their service then we will take a percentage commission (e.g. - 12%). However, the buyer will be able to see a list of all the suppliers that tendered. At the moment we don't really have a plan in place from preventing the buyer from going off our website and ringing the supplier directly in order to get a better deal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can prevent (as much as possible) this from happening? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Advertisement