Thread: Greg Boser
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:26 AM

Well, I posted this in Greg's blog. We'll see if it survives moderation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this new contest that passes PR to Matt’s blog will greatly benefit the SEO community by getting far more people to participate. How is it going to do that?

I’m sorry, I don’t see how that will benefit anyone but Matt. Did I miss something? I’m new to all this, so maybe I’m missing something somewhere.

From my perspective, here’s how it looks:

Greg got wind of this contest and checked it out, in his fashion. But, he didn’t read the rules that were clearly stated in the first post of the thread and he made a mistaken assumption. Then, he posted a counter-offer, of sorts, in what can only be described as a knee-jerk reaction. However, in the final analysis, his rules have more strings attached, so to speak, because I don’t see him saying that a no-follow is ok.

Besides that, It seems to me that anyone giving away prize money can stipulate whatever rules he or she wants. Why would anyone have a problem with that? After all, it’s their money and their contest. The fact that John isn’t after PR is irrelevant, really. Even if he was, who cares? Apparrently, Greg does. He cares so much and he’s so outraged that he decided he’d have his own little contest. But, being the benevolent guy that he is, he’s gonna give the PR to Matt, rather than just say that no links are required.

Huh?

If the link requirement is so offensive, then why have one, at all? And if going after PR, in the form of a contest like this is such bad form, why is it better to add PR to someone else’s page, rather than your own?

Seriously, I don’t get it.

Have I missed something somewhere? Please, fill me in, because I’m confused. From what I see, there is some pretty convoluted logic at work here.

To say that Greg is merely inconsistent would be generous.

By the way, Greg, I don’t know you, but I would think that an apology or an explanation to John is in order. He’s a personal friend of mine or I would have never posted here. He won’t say what I will, though, because he doesn’t want to make a scene.

I have no qualms with saying what should be said, myself, though.

None at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one gets to rake my friends' names through the mud without hearng from me, personally.

-Michael