Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 06-08-2010, 12:48 PM
v7n Mentor

CTR Up, PPC Down

Wow, the last three days my CTR increased and the CPC dropped really low. My CTR is usually under 1% because of the niche, but I would get some $2 - $3 clicks, averaging about $10 a day. But the last three days my CTR went to about 2% for no apparent reason, but the clicks are averaging 3 to 12 cents??? Giving me an average of about $2 a day. Is anyone else seeing the same low CPC over the last three days?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I am seeing low click rates this whole month. Usually people have lot's of money to spend in the beginning of the month on adwords advertising.

I am working on some things right now and hopefully by next month things will pickup again. It's a good thing i don't count on adsense earnings for income. I'd be eating at the $1 menu at mcdonalds a lot.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
v7n Mentor

Well so far today things are AWFUL! I have 1,094 ad impressions and 0 clicks??? I made 0.04 from impressions only. This has NEVER happend! WTF is going on???

Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

In my opinion at least, what's important is net gain. Even if PPC is down, if you're getting more revenue then you were before through increased CTR then it isn't too big a deal. Still, try and maximise your earnings as much as possible

Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfc View Post
In my opinion at least, what's important is net gain. Even if PPC is down, if you're getting more revenue then you were before through increased CTR then it isn't too big a deal. Still, try and maximise your earnings as much as possible
If this were the case I'd be delighted! If you read my post, you'd see that my site averaged $10/day to $2/day...and today $0.04!!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

If it wasn't for a commission i just made with an affiliate program, i would of made $0 today. Another half hour at his Friday for me. Friday means it's time to drink and forget about this bad week. I can't believe the stat's i am looking at for this week so far. I think it's time for me to do another article writing campaign and try to increase traffic a little more.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Well good luck. I'm going to see what I can do as well. Some new content I've been thinking of and putting off I guess.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:42 PM
v7n Mentor

Just looking at my CTR and it is dreadful. Figures indicate that it is approx 48% under the average. PErhaps it may have something to do with being the end of the financial year in Australia?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchbliss View Post
Wow, the last three days my CTR increased and the CPC dropped really low. My CTR is usually under 1% because of the niche, but I would get some $2 - $3 clicks, averaging about $10 a day. But the last three days my CTR went to about 2% for no apparent reason, but the clicks are averaging 3 to 12 cents??? Giving me an average of about $2 a day. Is anyone else seeing the same low CPC over the last three days?
Google changes happens from time to time... No one actually could explain this unless you are making changes on keywords and niche.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense