Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

Invalid activity?

i got banned from adsense abouta month and a half ago for "invalid activity" i have no idea what this means i never had any bots come or anything and they denied my appeal and wont answer me can someone explain to me

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoyoutube View Post
i got banned from adsense abouta month and a half ago for "invalid activity" i have no idea what this means i never had any bots come or anything and they denied my appeal and wont answer me can someone explain to me
Here is some info from the google page.

Quote:
Because we have a need to protect our proprietary detection system, we are unable to provide our publishers with any information about their account activity, including any web pages, users or third-party services that may have been involved.

As you may know, Google treats invalid click activity very seriously, analysing all clicks and impressions to determine whether they fit a pattern of use that may artificially drive up an advertiser's costs or a publisher's earnings. If we determine that an AdSense account may pose a risk to our AdWords advertisers, we may disable that account to protect our advertisers' interests.

Lastly, please note that as outlined in our Terms and Conditions, Google will use its sole discretion when determining instances of invalid click activity.
Source: http://www.google.com/adsense/suppor...nswer=57153#q1

Did you notice any spike in clicks?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Here is some info from the google page.

Source: http://www.google.com/adsense/suppor...nswer=57153#q1

Did you notice any spike in clicks?
nope only like about 1 click every couple days considering my website was new and had little traffic but as they say theyre looking out for their adwords advertisers are they just gonna dump their publishers for no reason? it just doesnt seem fair or makes any sense

Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member

Like most, adsense will have a minimum traffic requirement, since your site is still new, it might not of made the required levels to continue operating. This is to be fair on the publishers and you probably where making little to nothing anyway?

Invalid activity could also be too many mis-clicks, clicking on your own ads, getting friends to click on them, patterns in clicking behaviour, high bounce rate from those clicks, and even clickbomb bots attacking your site. It's recommended you report high levels of misclicks to google so they know your trying to resolve any issues.

If you haven't been clicking your own ads (check family and friends too - sometimes a youngest might be trigger happy), haven't noticed any spikes or low profits each day due to many misclicks, then I would suggest checking your website is up to scratch first and no malious scripts/hacks have been injected, etc. Also read the rules and ensure your site is following them, advert distances, no adult or illegal content, have a privacy policy, etc.

If they denied your appeal, your domain might be banned for life. You can't do anything to get it back, except move on. There are other sources of income, if worst comes to worst.

Last edited by PlayGamesArcade; 08-26-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

well no one in my family knew of my website so no one would do it for me

although the first click i got it was about1$ and i only got 100 impressions that day

so idk whats going on tbh but if anything somethings wrong with their system since i didnt nothing wrong

Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

You are never going to get your account back so best to move on. However, you can give an appeal a shot here.

Honestly though, very few people ever get their AdSense account reinstated, so best to find a different way to monetize your site. PM me and I'll be glad to help.

~AJ

Old 08-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

yea ive been thinking about infolinks but i know how annoying it can be and i dont wanna bother my visitors just so i can gain more money

and other banner advertising suck ive read reviews on all of them and none are on the equvilent of adsense or close enough

Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

Invalid activity generally will refer to clicking on your own ads, participating in schemes to click on your ads, while you click on others.

Unfortunately, if Google has denied your appeal, there's very little you can do other than look for alternatives.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

I can say it is going to be difficult for you to get your adsense back. You might need to rely on the alternatives and there are plenty if you just go and google it. However, adsense is still the best earning PPC program. You might not do as well as before with the new alternatives.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense