Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Contributing Member

How often do you get 'click bombing'?

I'm only a small publisher and I get at least one series of click bombing every week. Imagine a large publisher with tens of thousands of page views per day.
How do you handle such issues?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

can anyone tell me what is click bombing please???

Old 04-15-2013, 12:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Click bombing is a method of damaging competitors website by intentional over clicking on their ads within Adsense program. Google recognizes it as manipulation and suspends or terminates your account. So, if you see a massive increase in CTR, and you believe your site is being bombed, a good idea is to report the suspicious clicks to Google. If they are legit, you'll keep the money, if not at least your account will remain protected.

OT. I had one such experience in two years.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by deohaivan View Post
I'm only a small publisher and I get at least one series of click bombing every week. Imagine a large publisher with tens of thousands of page views per day.
How do you handle such issues?
You track your website stat's right? One thing I would do is look at my adsense report page for the day of the click bomb and look at what countries have the most clicks with little impression's and money. Then I would ban that country. Most likely, the click bombers are from Russia, india or china as these countries know to use spam methods and other stuff to hurt adsense publishers.

Chances are it could be a competitor of yours doing this or one of your friends just being an idiot thinking he is helping you make some money.

Last edited by snakeair; 04-15-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

I would say that banning a country wouldn't be good here..

In a country, there is spammers and good customers too, whether it is China or India..

Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQ View Post
I would say that banning a country wouldn't be good here..

In a country, there is spammers and good customers too, whether it is China or India..
For the adsense publishers who make a living from adense and don't have a backup revenue source going, banning 1 country might save your account if you don't locate the IP's that is hammering your ad's.

I agree with you that in those countries not all of them are spammers using software to do illegal things but it just takes a few bad guys or girls to give a country a bad reputation online. Look at PayPal and India. That is another topic to discuss about.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Look at PayPal and India. That is another topic to discuss about.
Could you provide a short explanation what's up with Paypal and India?
Currently working on Paypal related project so I'm researching pretty much anything connected with online commerce

Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
v7n Mentor

A couple of weeks ago one of my quiet blogs was getting 5-9 clicks a day, all at once with zero earnings. I didn't want to bother tracking down the IP address, it was just easier to remove adsense from the blog, it didn't make much money there anyways. I'll probably put the adsense back up in a couple of weeks or so. I suspect it was one of the the comment spammers trying to get my attention and approve a comment, for though the blog is quiet, some of the articles have a goodly PR.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post
Could you provide a short explanation what's up with Paypal and India?
Currently working on Paypal related project so I'm researching pretty much anything connected with online commerce
In the past PayPal been closing india user accounts or limiting them because of scams being reported. I lost over $150 residual income because of PayPal limited the membership sites owner's PayPal account. He couldn't make the weekly affiliate payments to all his affilites and ended up closing the business. I lost a lot of money on auto pilot and I was converting new members monthly. I'm not to sure about doing business with people from that country as I got screwed and other affiliates. That business owner did everything by the book and did it all legal and got hit by PayPal.

Don't let my bad experience make you think twice, I never got over losing that residual income from 2 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvictoria View Post
A couple of weeks ago one of my quiet blogs was getting 5-9 clicks a day, all at once with zero earnings. I didn't want to bother tracking down the IP address, it was just easier to remove adsense from the blog, it didn't make much money there anyways. I'll probably put the adsense back up in a couple of weeks or so. I suspect it was one of the the comment spammers trying to get my attention and approve a comment, for though the blog is quiet, some of the articles have a goodly PR.
Same thing happened to me on one of my blog's. Instead of removing adsense, in your account settings just remove your domain URL from the "Sites authorized to show ads" and the clicks will not count towards your earnings. You will be able to tell over the next few days to week's if the invalid clicks have died down and just the typical clicks you normally would get.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense