Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 PM

Lightbulb Did AdSense broke the relevant internet?

Looking at how many websites pop out with phony content and loaded with AdSense ads, many of these sites using spinned content, makes me wonder if AdSense makes more harm than good overall.

These people don't write for people anymore but for Googlebot, their number one fan, with deep pockets.

As I see it, AdSense in it's current form is the number one cause for Google results not being so relevant as they once were back in 2002 for instance.

I don't have anything against AdSense, it's a great system that can actually help both publishers and advertisers but something has to change, else, the internet will be filled with garbage. There are good sites out there from hardworking individuals that often get buried down in the mountains of garbage sites. Honest people stand less chance to succeed under this circumstances while the other group thrives, offering nothing of value. Not fair!

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

If not AdSense, it would be some other publisher network and we'd still face the same problem.

Google has been cracking down heavily on garbage sites for some time now, making way for the good sites to come up.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

I understand your frustration. I hate to see spinned content. However I do not agree you, my view is...

If you receive threatening email, does that mean that webmail service makes more harm than good?

If someone is killed by electricity, does that mean that power plant makes more harm than good?

If someone is threatened with kitchen knife, does that mean that kitchen knife makes more harm than good?

Google Adsense is a system that revolutionized advertising. It allowed small and medium businesses to compete with bigger players. It also helped many small publishers and webmasters to earn more money without trying to find media buyers... It was one of the first automated systems for advertising. It funded all the Google's projects. It makes Google and all the tools free.

The fact that there are people who waste their time to build artificial content is not the result of Adsense, it's their responsibility and result of their decisions. Just as we cannot blame knifes for existence of murderers.

Besides, spinned website can never earn as much money as original, relevant website. I didn't tried, but no matter whether you have spinned or original content people are those who click on ads. Not some machines. And besides, Google is more and more careful about sending traffic and doing business with low quality websites.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

I predict soon Google can detect spin contents website and rank them down deep under page 1. However, beside spun content we have trouble with rewritten content. Google cannot detect such content because the copier stole the idea and presented it with his own language. Would you say such content a garbage too ?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectMoney View Post
I predict soon Google can detect spin contents website and rank them down deep under page 1. However, beside spun content we have trouble with rewritten content. Google cannot detect such content because the copier stole the idea and presented it with his own language. Would you say such content a garbage too ?
Google already has made changes to there algorithm to detect websites using spun content. In fact, did you miss reading this in there guidelines?

Quote:
Automatically generated—or “auto-generated”—content is content that’s been generated programmatically. Often this will consist of paragraphs of random text that makes no sense to the reader but which may contain search keywords.

Some examples of auto-generated content include:

• Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
• Text generated through automated processes, such as Markov chains
• Text generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
• Text generated from scraping Atom/RSS feeds or search results
• Stitching or combining content from different web pages without adding sufficient value
Source: https://support.google.com/webmaster.../2721306?hl=en

Are you referring to duplicate content as in someone stealing an article and rewriting it a little or converting it to there native language?

Here is what Google says on Duplicate content: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66359?hl=en

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense