Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 05-06-2017, 05:48 AM

Thumbs down Extremely low cpc in AdSense

Hello, I have a mobile gaming website, I got AdSense approval few days ago, but I am suffering extremely low average cpc of 0. 02-0.05 € while my pageviews ctr is 3-4% and 50% of my traffic comes from Search engines(90% Google). Other major traffic sources are direct traffic(20%) and social(18%)(Facebook).
While my traffic isn't all USA and most of it is Indian traffic I still have some USA traffic, but even for US clicks average cpc is only 0.12$. I am using above the fold large mobile banner/response banner & below the fold rectangles.
How can I prevent these 0.01 cpc ads from appearing? Does AdSense needs some time to optimize ads & revenue for new sites or that's all what I have got?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 03:31 PM
v7n Mentor

CPC is determined by what advertisers are prepared to pay.
You are in a niche where they not prepared to pay much.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Way to many gaming sites online and well like what was mentioned it's just not a good niche to make killer money.

You might not only want to increase traffic but add additional ways to earn income from the site to makeup for the AdSense earnings.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

its not easy yet to increase or to change , because google guidelines are to be followed if google is not assigning it.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:45 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwingalhotra1994 View Post
its not easy yet to increase or to change , because google guidelines are to be followed if google is not assigning it.
You word salad makes no sense.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:32 AM

to find more cpc you must have good traffic on website, and also check your ads position on your website

Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kppanday View Post
to find more cpc you must have good traffic on website, and also check your ads position on your website
That is totally clueless nonsense. CPC has NOTHING to do with traffic and ad position!!

Old 05-10-2017, 04:49 AM

bro target usa , canada , uk and target low competition high cpc keywords

Old 05-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toka View Post
Hello, I have a mobile gaming website, I got AdSense approval few days ago, but I am suffering extremely low average cpc of 0. 02-0.05 while my pageviews ctr is 3-4% and 50% of my traffic comes from Search engines(90% Google). Other major traffic sources are direct traffic(20%) and social(18%)(Facebook).
While my traffic isn't all USA and most of it is Indian traffic I still have some USA traffic, but even for US clicks average cpc is only 0.12$. I am using above the fold large mobile banner/response banner & below the fold rectangles.
How can I prevent these 0.01 cpc ads from appearing? Does AdSense needs some time to optimize ads & revenue for new sites or that's all what I have got?
Gaming Niche, is a low paying ads. Advertiser doesn't spend higher advertising on that. so probably you earn low. Also country targeting affect it. If can target more traffic from usa,canada , australia and uk, later it will increase your cpc but not as much compare to education, insurance and finance site.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:14 AM
Contributing Member

I would possibly consider starting up a blog so you can talk about a broader range of content and run some tests to see which blog posts return a higher value CPC.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 AM

In Google Adsense you will find Allow block ads. If you find that any ad category is not paying much then feel free to block that category. CPC of an ad depends on the topic on which you’re writing your blog and it is also depends on country.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:53 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toka View Post
Hello, I have a mobile gaming website, I got AdSense approval few days ago, but I am suffering extremely low average cpc of 0. 02-0.05 while my pageviews ctr is 3-4% and 50% of my traffic comes from Search engines(90% Google). Other major traffic sources are direct traffic(20%) and social(18%)(Facebook).
Gaming sites doesn't get good cpc because there are not much advertisers in this niche if you really want to increase your revenue i would suggest moving to gaming only adnetworks and there are such networks one of them called cpmstar i have used them personally and their ad rates are very competitve.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense