Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discussions concerning affiliate programs, affiliate marketing tips and techniques, and ways to increase earnings through referral programs. This forum is NOT for promoting your own affiliate program or referral link.

Share |
Old 12-11-2010, 12:20 PM

Amazon Affiliate program

Hi I was wondering, is it true that if a person clicks on one of your affiliate links and then goes and purchases another product from amazon, one you didn't advertise, you still get the commission?

also, can someone tell me how you guys write reviews of products from Amazon if you've never used the product yourself before? What info do you take from, as Amazon's product descriptions are extremely short as I see them

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 03:04 PM

Yes, you still get the commission. Check out the Amazon operating agreement:

Quote:
Subject to the exclusions set forth below, a “Qualifying Purchase” occurs when (a) a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site; (b) during a single Session that customer either (i) adds a Product to his or her shopping cart and places the order for that Product no later than 89 days following the customer’s initial click-through, (ii) purchases a Product via our 1-Click feature, or (iii) streams or downloads a Product from the Amazon Site if the Product is a Digital Product; and (c) the Product is shipped to or streamed or downloaded by, and paid for by, the customer.

A “Session” begins when a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site and ends upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours elapses from the customer’s initial click-through; (y) the customer places an order for a Product that is not a Digital Product; or (z) the customer follows a link to the Amazon Site that is formatted with an Associate’s tag that is not assigned to you.
So you can see some exceptions: the customer has to put it in their cart within 24 hours of clicking, they can't have clicked on someone else's affiliate link in the meantime, and they have to check out within 89 days. Amazon doesn't mention it, but I'd also suspect that if a customer clears their cookies, the session would be over.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

There are no doubt on it.You will still get the commission as it is the main requirement from amazon that you have to make sale in order to get commission from them.

Last edited by ishuvonet; 12-13-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member

Yes as the others have said, you do. I have sold all kinds of things, that I was not trying to sell when someone clicked thru my links.

If you are planning to review a product you have not used then you should make sure it is highly rated and has lots of reviews. Then you can do some research on it and write it in your own way.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:45 AM

Amazon is the best Affiliate program to start your journey as affiliate. With certain tools it is really easy to start. There are many videos on youtube about how to start.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:37 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutDataRec View Post
Amazon is the best Affiliate program to start your journey as affiliate. With certain tools it is really easy to start. There are many videos on youtube about how to start.

Sorry, I don't agree. Amazon commissions are low, and even though, if you carefully select the right products to promote conversions can be OK, the payback to a starting marketer are far too low.

It's much better to pick out other, non Amazon, offers to promote. For example. one of the offers I promote pays 100% commissions and is converting at over 10% - and pays lifetime commissions on all the backend offers! Now that puts real money in your pocket :-)

Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 AM

- yes, you will get commission
- I research from another reviews and rewrite by my style

good side of Amazon affiliate is they have a lot of products also mean a lot of opportunities to find niche market, niche keywords (with less competitor)

Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Banned

Wink

Hello all,
Amazon Affiliate Program is the one of the best or biggest and most well known affiliate program out there,out to Ebay partner network,click bank,linkshare,vCommission and so on.
That all are used for the affiliate marketing and getting profits by internet marketing selling some items also by promoting the site.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutDataRec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsguy View Post
Hello all,
Amazon Affiliate Program is the one of the best or biggest and most well known affiliate program out there,out to Ebay partner network,click bank,linkshare,vCommission and so on.
That all are used for the affiliate marketing and getting profits by internet marketing selling some items also by promoting the site.

Thanks
Could both of you try to answer the thread creators questions?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxanthony View Post
also, can someone tell me how you guys write reviews of products from Amazon if you've never used the product yourself before? What info do you take from, as Amazon's product descriptions are extremely short as I see them
I guess that would depend on what you were reviewing. I notice you have a signature related to hard drives - if I was promoting something electronic related then I'd get full specs from the manufacturer site and and try and summarize reviews from other places such as cnet.com

Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Look at reviews on Amazon which other people have posted and use them or excerpts from them on your site. You can then use your affiliate link to "ask" people to click through to read the rest of the review and find out more about the product you're promoting.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

The way you can write reviews of products you have not use is simply read about the product, read other customer reviews, and then just write it in your own words don't copy it but just write it.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Yes, it's true. If the person gets to Amazon through your affiliate link you will be paid for everything that person will purchase.

If I need to right a review for the product that I never used myself I am trying to find a product and make sure it is highly rated and has lots of reviews. Then you can do some research and right your own review

Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Yes once someone has gone thru your site to Amazon and buys anything then it is registered as being your sale.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi I was wondering, is it true that if a person clicks on one of your affiliate links and then goes and purchases another product from amazon, one you didn't advertise, you still get the commission?

The answer to your first question is yes, absolutely.

It depends on the product I'm reviewing. Typically I'll use other articles, the reviews at the bottom, and even wikipedia.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Banned

Amazon Affiliate is the best, Because

Amazon is a trusted Brand
People Buy More than One Item
Small Payments Add Up
Wide Array of Products
Easily Integrated

Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Banned

Yes you will get the commission. Still this is true for all fair programs in the affiliate marketing. If they click one of your link is your sending customer. It doesn't matter what they buy from that site ... you referred it. So it's your commission.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:27 PM

Really the best thing about Amazon is the selection. Other things if they match your niche can be better, but Amazon is hard to beat for that reason.

Since they have such a large selection, it does encourage them clicking through to your link, but maybe they end up buying something else on the site.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 AM

A good friend of mine has steadily made progress and recommends Amazon Associates highly. I've seen a few upsides and downsides along this thread and one or two contradict eachother.

As somebody who has done some preliminary research into markets, is AA a good starting point or are there others that would be better suited? For now, high income actually isn't the biggest driver!

Thanks

Mel

Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

You can write a review about something you haven't used. As for Amazon pick a product with lot of positive ratings and lot of customer comments. You can use all these comments to build your own review. I'm saying it going to be perfect but yet it works.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum