Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discussions concerning affiliate programs, affiliate marketing tips and techniques, and ways to increase earnings through referral programs. This forum is NOT for promoting your own affiliate program or referral link.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 AM

Affiliate Marketers and Social Media

Not too long ago I attended a conference where many highly-engaged affiliate marketers were in attendance. In speaking with many of them--specifically about Social Media--I was a little surprised to find that many said they're not regularly active in social channels. Perhaps a Tweet here or there, FB post on their Wall, but not in many other channels.

While I have my own, I'm curious to know what other's thoughts & practices are. Is Social an important channel for you when it comes to communicating your Affiliate Marketing efforts? Or does it primarily seem to be just a waste of time?

I'd love to get your feedback by responding to this poll. And I apologize for taking it away from the forums - I'm not sure if there's a poll feature here or not.

Poll
Quote:
Are Affiliate Marketers Actively Engaged in Social Media?

1.) Yes, I am heavily involved in social channels. Consider me a Twitter Addict.

2.) A little. I'll Tweet an Affiliate offer every now-and-then, but it's not really top of mind for me.

3.) I do use Social Media, but not really for business purposes.

4.) No, not at all. I don't see the point of sharing through Social Media.

5.) Other:
Copy the question that best suites you and and explain why.

Last edited by snakeair; 12-01-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Made poll in thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Social media is just for get known to your follower that you are real person. If they interest to you. They will subscribe you

Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Hi. I noticed the poll feature was removed (completely understand). Is there a poll feature here on the boards that I'm overlooking?

Old 12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Edwards View Post
Hi. I noticed the poll feature was removed (completely understand). Is there a poll feature here on the boards that I'm overlooking?
Little mix up with one of the mods but instead of linking to a poll you created offsite, use our own poll feature on v7n. In the future when you create a thread look under the Additional Options and put a check on the poll feature to create one. I'm unable to do this for your thread so i edit your original response.

PM me if i got the questions wrong and i'll fix it.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 12-02-2011, 06:07 AM

Thanks, snakeair! Much appreciated.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:01 PM

R: No, not at all. I don't see the point of sharing through Social Media.

I think that social media helps you and it is an easy way to get new readers / buyers, but I also think that isn't worth the effort. How I see these things: instead of staying every day 1-2 hours to promote my websites on social media, I prefer writing 1-2 quality articles. Let's say that I sell 5 products / month to the social media people:

1-2 hours / day on social media -> 5 sales / month
1-2 hours / content = 1-2 articles / day -> +30 articles / month. You can get 1 sale / 5 articles -> 6 sales / month (long-term plan).

You can have people (from social media) and no interesting content/product, but with an interesting content (quality articles) is easy to get interested readers/buyers.

Social media helps you, but I think that is not a very important thing for your business/site.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks for your feedback, Justin.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I believe that social media plays a crucial role in the success of affiliate marketing. I try many social media channels but I put most of my efforts in platforms like facebook and twitter.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 AM

I might tend to agree with you, noelagnote. Thanks for the $.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelagnote View Post
I believe that social media plays a crucial role in the success of affiliate marketing. I try many social media channels but I put most of my efforts in platforms like facebook and twitter.
From what I saw on facebook, most of the products were not the kind that have affiliates. It was like big advertising companies were running campaigns for their own products. Could someone give me a hint how to find a product that could be promoted, and accepted, on facebook ?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodorus13 View Post
From what I saw on facebook, most of the products were not the kind that have affiliates. It was like big advertising companies were running campaigns for their own products. Could someone give me a hint how to find a product that could be promoted, and accepted, on facebook ?
I found this site in the Clickbank marketplace and have no clue if it's legit or not but this is an example of a product to promote on FB or to your website subscribers.

I'm sure i could find more if i did a better search but trying to give you an idea of something that could be promote on FB and Twitter if you was to use there advertising options.

http://paidsocialmediajobs.com/

Look in bottom left hand corner of this website for a link to there affiliate program.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Social media is better if used to build your brand. But if you keep hitting your followers or friends with marketing offers then they start neglecting your updates or shares.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum