Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discussions concerning affiliate programs, affiliate marketing tips and techniques, and ways to increase earnings through referral programs. This forum is NOT for promoting your own affiliate program or referral link.

Share |
Old 06-20-2006, 06:32 AM

How long did it take you to start generating commission income?

If you are making money from affiliate programs, I’d like to know:

How long did it take you to generate your 1st dollar commission?
How long you’d say that took you to start generating stable income from affiliate programs?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 AM
No Longer Active

*moved to busyness strategies forums

Old 06-22-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie

How long you’d say that took you to start generating stable income from affiliate programs?

Thanks!
A. First day...
B. First Month

Last edited by kthor; 06-22-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor View Post
A. First day...
B. First Month
Obviosely the noob wants to know how too? me too.. how did you do it? What was your strategy? We'd love to know.

Thanks.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
It my latest venture, Dollar 1 came even before my site launched. I had 4 beta testers, and one day I was looking to see what reports were available to me from CJ and there was $30 on one day..

That gave me a significant push to get my site launched to say the least!

-Jason

Old 06-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Contributing Member

I was useless when I started. I was still learning html and other programming languages while having ads on the site at the same time. I didn't make nothing for just over a year and then learn't alot from forums and other quality places excluding ebooks.

I know believe I know a good amount of info about affiliate programs / affiliate marketing and other internet stuff. Even though I know some stuff, I can still learn much more and I am doing this daily.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:52 PM

Hi Gracie,

There is no accurate answers to your question. There are too many factors that influence and to be considered.

The only thing is that if you stick to it, take action, it will show up one day, maybe 1, 2 or 3 months.

If you jump in this business, plan for a 2 to 4 years before to make a significant income.

Good luck!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:51 AM

it took a few days but after first week had made $xxx.xx

now make $xxx.xx on a regular basis each month.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:40 PM

After one week I made five dollars. Woohoo. I expect to be making more soon hopefully.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

it took me about 3 days if i remember correctly. but i got really lucky i think... looking back at it. i didn't know what the hell i was doing but i just found something that worked for me right off the bat (i was advertising a hotel website on ppc) ... that thing that worked then (2.5 years ago) doesn't work anymore... i've moved on to other things.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibblu View Post
it took me about 3 days if i remember correctly. but i got really lucky i think... looking back at it. i didn't know what the hell i was doing but i just found something that worked for me right off the bat (i was advertising a hotel website on ppc) ... that thing that worked then (2.5 years ago) doesn't work anymore... i've moved on to other things.
i think alot of my success was luck when i first started. it wasnt until i read a few ebooks and tried a few methods that i started to streamline my methods to create a more regular income

Old 08-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Contributing Member

Just as in any advertising campaign, if you want to advertise your website you advertising performs best on sites related to yours.

Same is with the affiliates, you should be advertising products similar to your site (unless you know what else your website visitors are interested into). But the affiliate campaigns will not work good if the site traffic is low, it takes some time to test and see what best performs for you (take notes, to test a affiliate it takes longer than just one day).

Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 AM

I made a few bucks my first month, but as far as making regular income it took many, many months since I was still learning, reading and what not. When I started out I knew absolutely nothing, and while I'm much more knowledgeable now then I was back then I'm still learning new things.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 AM

Hi,
A. 2 - 3 days
B. 3 months

Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned

It took me over a year to be successful with it. About 1 in 100 projects are successful for me. Its a lot of trial and error.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:46 AM

This is directly related to when i started to generate targeted traffic to my site. Generating traffic is the single best way to start producing an income from your website. This is where you must concentrate your efforts.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 AM

IMO is how fast you are learning how to do well in affiliate marketing. First affiliate product is not your product so why should people buy from you. what make you special from other affiliate. we know people has some kind of phobia about scam on the net. so why they ignore this fear and make the purchase. so your success with affiliate marketing is determined by how fast you could understand this. and when you understand this how could you be better than others who are already understand this. It is a big challenge indeed. Only people who want to take the challenge will succeed.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 AM

It took me about 3 months to get my first commission. As far as having a steady stream from it - not yet.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 AM

about 1 day jut stick cj on it and think how you think your site members would think

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum