Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discussions concerning affiliate programs, affiliate marketing tips and techniques, and ways to increase earnings through referral programs. This forum is NOT for promoting your own affiliate program or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-10-2014, 04:54 PM

How to integrate Affiliate Marketing links into a Website

Im completely new to Affiliate Marketing, only started reading up about it a few days ago. But its something I'd be interested in adding to my website, links to Amazon products for example. What I want to know is whats the best way to integrate these links into a website? Has any got any links to websites that use affiliate marketing linking? It might be good to see some examples!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 01:36 PM

You can simply add a banner to your website which is provided by your Affiliate Network/Program.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 AM

If you're going to add it into content, make sure to shorten your links first. But that's only if you care for your site's rankings as the search engines don't like affiliate links. For wordpress you can use a plugin like pretty links which is free.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:39 AM

I made a banner, so a clickable image. It really helps catch the eye and people are more likely to click on an image. Especially if it's a moving image as well.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Contributing Member

Firstly, write some content about your product which can consider as a product review or some tutorial on how to fix or create etc. Just you need to stick with your theme of your product. You can use a product, including affiliate links in your content. You can also write a content using photos of the product and hyperlinked with your affiliate link.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
Im completely new to Affiliate Marketing, only started reading up about it a few days ago. But its something I'd be interested in adding to my website, links to Amazon products for example. What I want to know is whats the best way to integrate these links into a website? Has any got any links to websites that use affiliate marketing linking? It might be good to see some examples!
Every blog I have created/sold I used affiliate links on them along with Adense at times.

Each blog I incorporated affiliate links in a different way depending on the niche blog I had. Over the years I got better at sneaking in affiliate links in which would not effect user experience but yet still get clicked on.

The easiest way to promote affiliate products is to write a review about them. What people are really supposed to do in which most do not do, is buy the actual product first. Use the product for awhile and get to know all about it...etc

Then when you write up a real review it will be a dead honest review because you have used the product. Besides talking about the positives of that one product, provide the negative things as well. Believe it or not, you still would get sales if you did this tactic because people will like your honestly and over time they will trust your judgement from reading your blog posts all week long. Trust goes a long way in earning lot's of commissions from affiliate marketing.

It's not as easy as sticking up a few banner images on your blog and thinking by next month you will be making a few hundred dollars with that one product. You got to experiment and find out what converts on your website. What works for most people may not work for your type of audience.

Promote products related to your blogs niche. FYI, Your visitors are interested in your niche so promoting products related to it gives you a shot at earning a commission.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

Integrating affiliate marketing links can vary with different affiliate partners; you have to read the affiliate linking instructions to work properly. For instance, when you use Viglink, you have to shorten links first before integrating. Currently, I am an iTunes affiliate and their linking instruction varies in which you have to copy your affiliate ID and paste it somewhere in the link for it to work properly.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

When I write an article I talk about solutions to problems. I recommend products that solve the problem being discussed in greater detail. I don't blatantly advertise. Let me give you an example.

You can do the following steps to solve [problem being discussed]. If you need a more in-depth approach and step by step solution, I would recommend checking out [affiliate product name]. It goes into great detail and may be a better approach for you.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:56 AM

You can insert the link under text on your website or show naked link

Old 07-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

If your are targeting US and UK then best is to use VigLink. Even this forum uses Viglink as affiliate marketing. Do check out more about Viglink in their site www.viglink.com

If you are targeting indian market then cuelink is the best affiliate marketing available.

Again it depends on the niche of your website. Let us know the niche and which country you are targeting your website. This will help us more in guiding you the right way.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

Actually, Amazon is good for starters as they have a variety of products for almost every niche website. But it is better to choose one that is specifically targeted and in conjunction with your niche. If you are having trouble with affiliate linking, you will have to carefully review the affiliate's linking instructions for it to work effectively.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:27 AM

Throughout recent years WordPress has been maybe the best stage on the planet for making affiliate blogs and sites. Affiliate promoting is one of the key ways numerous expert bloggers produce income. In any case, there are two sides to the subsidiary advertising coin–the side of the affiliates themselves who offer others' items to turn a benefit and that of the item makers.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:15 PM

there are many types of links are as follows:
Link ceiling: the ceiling display your entire link without anything to cover up
associated with images: you can add pictures later this image is a link "create links"
link coincides with the keyword: blog What is your keywords, you enclosed the following link keywords
external links links: Links Quartet expressed diverse backlink that you will point out this link!

Old 09-21-2016, 01:16 AM

I have learnt much from this thread about affiliate marketing. Yes, a moving image or a .gif is really an eye-catching tool for grabbing the attention of a user/customer. I have a question. Why search engines don't like affiliate links in a website?

Old 09-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

Well for this purpose you can use pretty link WordPress plugin is indeed an excellent way to shorten links using your own domain name. With this power plugin one can clean up our affiliate links and track number of clicks It is infact the spectacular solution to Shorten, beautify, track, manage and share any URL. I am using the same method for integrating affiliate links into my Website.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Make a clickable attractive image, I usually use a GIF with animation

Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
The effective way is to add your affiliate link in to your content like It has been linked in this post as Red Color Title Anchor Texts.

www(.)designcruzer.com/most-precious-sunglasses-of-the-world/

Because Sometimes Ad Banners Gives Money Making Look to your website in front of visitor and in dresses his interest. So Use It As Effective Anchor text But I'd Like To Give You One Sensitive Point Of It.

Don't Forget To Cloak and Give Nofollow attribute to Your Link to make it invisible from Google bot. otherwise it will be counted as too many outbound link which will harm your website.

Here is explanation about how can you cloak your affiliate link.
www(.)brainsins.com/en/blog/cloaking-affiliate-links-in-wordpress-a-detailed-guide/3917

Old 11-10-2016, 02:36 AM

Incorporating the affiliate links the right way is very essential, or else the affiliate tracking will not work properly.
I noticed this on many coupons websites in India.
They will create a new URL for each coupon that automatically redirects the users to store website.

Last edited by snakeair; 11-10-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: remove link

Old 11-24-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp_ranpariya View Post
The effective way is to add your affiliate link in to your content like It has been linked in this post as Red Color Title Anchor Texts.

www(.)designcruzer.com/most-precious-sunglasses-of-the-world/

Because Sometimes Ad Banners Gives Money Making Look to your website in front of visitor and in dresses his interest. So Use It As Effective Anchor text But I'd Like To Give You One Sensitive Point Of It.

Don't Forget To Cloak and Give Nofollow attribute to Your Link to make it invisible from Google bot. otherwise it will be counted as too many outbound link which will harm your website.

Here is explanation about how can you cloak your affiliate link.
www(.)brainsins.com/en/blog/cloaking-affiliate-links-in-wordpress-a-detailed-guide/3917
I'm just starting out, i didn't know about cloaking links, also the nofollow is that something that's in yoast seo i think i've seen it in the settings somewhere

Old 11-24-2016, 03:25 AM
Contributing Member

Thirsty Affiliates

If your website has WordPress as CMS, I would recommend checking out ThirstyAffiliates, a free affiliate link cloaker and affiliate link management plugin. It has automatic functions such as inbuilt affiliate link shortening/link cloaking, which has saved me a whole lot of time.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Closed Thread