Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discussions concerning affiliate programs, affiliate marketing tips and techniques, and ways to increase earnings through referral programs. This forum is NOT for promoting your own affiliate program or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs down 000webhosting.com there affiliate program is a FRAUD program - Beware!

I tried them for about a month and generated many referral sign ups but after that when i was trying to contact them they won't even reply. Then I tried using other email to contact them and pretended as a my best friend and ask about the reason why they are not responding on my emails and they just simply say that I am a scammer. I am so sad, after i made so many referrals they treated me as scammer. Or they just simply avoiding to pay my referral earnings....

But if you like them then try them and try wasting some of your time

Last edited by jingjong; 03-09-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 04:28 PM

they say you have to have $100 before they will pay you, did your referral payment reach $100?

Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Individualist

They are scum. They allow their affiliates to spam, and that's one thing no respectable affiliate program allows.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

I even get more. Like i have 30 referrals... Yah John is right the make their affiliates go for spamming. They even have this tool that you could search for forums website.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 PM

I am also a member/affiliate of 000webhosting and i give up on their referral program because they indicate the referral as inactive and lost your referral fee even if it's more than the test period of 15 days. Though up to now my site benefit from their free web hosting.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:06 AM

i think

i think they are liers. i have about 50 account refered by me. but they still don't send my earnings and always set their status as INACTIVE. but when i check the sites they were working... i thnk your eanings can't reach 100$ . never reach. so you can't get money from them. so just give up.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member

thanks for the warning. I will certainly avoid them!

Old 12-21-2008, 11:58 AM

Save yourself a huge headache and HEED the warnings you've read elsewhere about this "affiliate program". It is a TOTAL scam. I fell for the lucrative prospect of $5 per signup but now I am in the same boat as all the others.

I signed up nearly 40 customers in less than a month and waited patiently for them to finish the "verification" process. After one month (30 days) affiliates are to be paid on the first of the following month.

Today (December 21, 200 I receive an "announcement" in my affiliate home page stating the following (which others report as well):

"""Announcement: we have started to use 60 days signup verification procedure (we used 30 days signup verification system before). That is because we received lots of fraudulent signups especially from Vietnam and China and we need more time to check everything. So if you have referred user today, it will be credited in 2 months. We need these 2 months to protect us from fraudulent signups. We are sorry if we made any inconveniences for you and let us to know if you have any questions."""

FUNNY though, because I ONLY accept US traffic through google adwords and facebook ads, so there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that you were getting ANY Chinese and/or Vietnamese traffic to my referral link.

This is teh SAME tactic they use on everyone else. The thing is, this announcement was NEVER updated in their terms of service, thus making it a non-enforceable term of the affiliate promoting/payment conditions. As such the host is in breach of their contractual obligation to meet the payment deadline of January 1st if they indeed intend to hold off payment for another 30 days.

I suggest ANYONE who was scammed by this company take the time to report them to the host as well as PAYPAL so that paypal investigates and hopefully FREEZES their assets associated with their paypal account and puts a bit of hindrance at the very least on their scamming.

I also encourage anyone that has been scammed to file a formal complaint with the FBI online fraud division: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx They are there to stop online fraud, even for just a few hundred bucks. With enough of us together, we will get the FBI's attention.

Also file a complaint at the FDC. http://www.fdc.gov

Old 12-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Artist & Motion Designer

We've had a policy here at V7, for quite some time, that anyone who posts a 000webhost offer gets automatically banned. Doesn't matter how many posts they have or their reputation/iTrader. We have a zero tolerance for them.

So we ask that if anyone finds a user whos posting such things, report it.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the info, i recently join with them. So what to do next is discontinue using their services

Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Banned

000webhosting.com there affiliate program is a FRAUD program - I am yet to hear that they have paid some of their affiliates. They always block you in their verification process.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM

thanks for this info, I was thinking of getting started with them, now ....I am telling my friends to be careful, because I am.
Usualy, when yoy want to start promoting an affiliation program is good to make a search and find what others think of it...

Old 05-29-2009, 06:11 AM

Lightbulb good to read this thread

Hi everyone,
I was actually making a business plan to promote 000webhosting site since i think i know the way but after reading this thread i have decided not to waste my time. They were also claiming that their servers 99% up but from my exprience it is like 70% which made me thinking to move to another free hosting since it looks like their hosting is not reliable.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 AM

A paid hosting is always reliable than a free hosting. I don't understand how this 000webhosting.com provides free hosting and how they make profit in it?

Old 07-05-2009, 07:18 AM

hi guys!!

I GOT 63 signups ($315) ready to be paid (63 signups are active for 60 days or more). Payment will be issued on the first day of new month.

but didn't pay into my paypal...

im asking them 5 times, When can i get my payout???

they did not reply.....

Old 07-05-2009, 01:12 PM

I've seen most of the people post in many forums that the 000webhosting affiliate program is a big scam.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Contributing Member

I don't know what to say... only say beware about it. There a lot of story this web host a big scam around the world...

Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

totally SCUM... wasting my time promoting on this site...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingjong View Post
I tried them for about a month and generated many referral sign ups but after that when i was trying to contact them they won't even reply. Then I tried using other email to contact them and pretended as a my best friend and ask about the reason why they are not responding on my emails and they just simply say that I am a scammer. I am so sad, after i made so many referrals they treated me as scammer. Or they just simply avoiding to pay my referral earnings....

But if you like them then try them and try wasting some of your time
yeah don't waste your time. Your time is very important thing in your life. Forget 000webhost... leave them alone with their scammers method...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum