Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Share |
Old 05-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Steps to Impress First Time Visitors

I thought this one was a good read. Like the title states, what steps do you take to impress first time visitors? You don't have that much time to impress a visitor before they decide your blog is good or bad. Grabbing that visitors attention is a good thing to keep them on there longer and perhaps a new loyal visitor. Take a look at this blog post before responding.

Quote:
When some new visitors had arrived to your blog ,they must be impressed by your content and they must be transformed into subscribers , that are a kind of loyal readers.You need to follow a few steps to impress your first visitors if you want to transform them into loyal readers :
Continued at: Steps To Impress First Time Visitors

What are your comments on this blog post and also your own tips for impressing first time visitors?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

IMHO, The first point nails it.

‘Anyone who visits your site, first time is impressed by design’ and ‘nice colors’ is definitely important.

The THEME has to be REALLY catchy.

I admire blogs that have GREAT/EXCELLENT designs with the latest plugins/extensions installed.

Small things make a big difference, for example the highlighting color when someone hovers their mouse over to a link. I saw in a blog in which the whole link was highlighted as yellow, it seemed as if I was literally using a yellow highlighter and it was well blended with the theme.

Nabeel.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

Design certainly is key, nobody is going to spend much time on a blog that looks like crap. I always try to have content that provides information that will help people in some way. It might not be directly related to what I offer, but there is usually a tie in. My goal is to impress visitors the first time by giving them knowledge they didn't have earlier.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

If any body visiting your site first time, your site must create impact on visitors site must attract and provides useful contents to visitors.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Banned

Yup, all that mentioned is very true. Design is important. As for me I prefer smth simple which will not distract my eyes from content. Just simple and clean.
And yes, you are right, content - is a king! Sometimes I find myself that I keep reading and visiting blogs which are not really eye-attractive at all. The reason is - because of content. So, sometimes design doent play very important role.

And one more thing - loading time. Really, very slow loading time is just pissing me off and I leave that webpage even if the content is very interesting and useful for me. Just hate waitings. That's me

thank you for cool info, and loading time is good
Kind regards
BD

Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 PM
v7n Mentor

I just wanted to throw this out there: the LAST thing your visitors want to see is a popup in their browser. I don't care what the popup is for, people are not interested.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

1.Nice Theme/Template
2.Good Content With Proper Title - Image etc..
3.Don't Use More Ads
4.Proper Navigation
5.Less Load Time

Old 05-22-2010, 07:52 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by web-today View Post
1.Nice Theme/Template
It is amazing how many blog owners just don't take the time to find a good template. I know that Wordpress has thousands of free, great templates for almost any niche that you can imagine. Yet, somehow, people just choose not to make their blog look appealing.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

i think having lots of comments from regular visitors is impressive

Old 05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWizard View Post
I just wanted to throw this out there: the LAST thing your visitors want to see is a popup in their browser. I don't care what the popup is for, people are not interested.

I totally agree with that! I simply hate those annoying popups and smth like "are you sure you wanna leave this page?"....gzzzzzzzzzz

Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Banned

Hey these are some great tips that almost every blogger mus make sure they carry out. Thanks for sharing these.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion