Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

How are YOU driving traffic to your blog?

The title says it all, how are you driving traffic to your blog?

I personally have two new blogs (Struggling) my only decent sort of traffic comes from when I post my blog post to google+ I get high traffic and then it comes to a hault.

Also using Facebook pages to drive traffic, which they're still fairly new and need some more time to grow.

How about you? What seems to be working?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycium View Post

I personally have two new blogs (Struggling) my only decent sort of traffic comes from when I post my blog post to google+ I get high traffic and then it comes to a hault.

Also using Facebook pages to drive traffic, which they're still fairly new and need some more time to grow.

Yes your are right, that social media approach will drive traffic on your blog but you need to be consistent otherwise if you stop it will stop too. However, my approach on traffic is by concentrating on doing seo then in return I get organic traffic, I think this is the best because there you get traffic which you can potentially turn into cash.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samam View Post
Yes your are right, that social media approach will drive traffic on your blog but you need to be consistent otherwise if you stop it will stop too. However, my approach on traffic is by concentrating on doing seo then in return I get organic traffic, I think this is the best because there you get traffic which you can potentially turn into cash.
Exactly what I'd like to do, just don't know where to start :X

Old 07-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Exactly what I'd like to do, just don't know where to start :X
Start by adding unique and fresh content on your website, analyze your competitors websites and see how to adjust yours, then get backlinks but focus on getting links from websites with similar content like yours.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the advice so far, would like to see more post in here.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Banned

Also work on your SEO to high rank in Google. genuine traffic always drive quality visitors.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Contributing Member

you may want to use social media such as tweeter or facebook to drive it back to your site.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

you have to write unique content for your blog or site daily using a speech recognition program so this way you don't get tired creating content. The old way of manually typing on your computer keyboard is starting to come obsolete. This is why most bloggers and website owners are starting to flop with their search engine rankings because they're not updating their sites frequently throughout the day. Use the awesome power of your voice with a good speech recognition program, you'll feel more compelled to keep your site updated with fresh content and keep readers coming back for hours a day.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks guy's with the tips! I don't have to do too much typing I have to do more...Graphic work so more of my time is spent in Photoshop. I do have some content and I noticed a bit more traffic is floating in (Search engines) so far I believe the SEO for my image based website is doing decent for being so new. I did the title tags and key words in each post but not OVER doing it. Also, I had to edit a lot of the image names and give them Titles and Alt tags which I believe is what is driving in traffic as Google is recognizing my blog site, which is wonderful. All I need to do now is be more active releasing a 2-3 post a day to keep it going and fresh.

Have been using Facebook for my blogs as well which has been driving in a bit of traffic as well. I'm working on building my Facebook page up to get more and more followers and seems to be going well, just a slow process (Share groups and what not)

Old 08-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Social network traffic is waste, they come and go unless your readers are genuine. I suggest you to depend on ORGANIC traffic, as per long term and forever gaining traffic.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Contributing Member

Google loves fresh content and it always drives traffic. From facebook, yes if you have many page likes / followers. Blog commenting is good, but drives very less traffic. Forum signature is another best way to drive traffic. You always gets clicks and also good for SEO

Old 09-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

1. Major source : Twitter
2. Reddit
3. Facebook

Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 AM

My major sources are:

1. Reddit
2. Blog commenting

Old 09-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

How do you even begin to get traffic from Reddit? I've been on Reddit a few times and I'm stumped :X

Old 09-10-2014, 11:10 PM

I am following 2 things and get around 600-1000 views for each share from reddit.

1. Mixing your posts with others: People shouldn't know if you are doing self promotion. You have to share at least 5 good posts of other bloggers between your posts.

2. You have to share on correct sub-reddit.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoytheworld View Post
I am following 2 things and get around 600-1000 views for each share from reddit.

1. Mixing your posts with others: People shouldn't know if you are doing self promotion. You have to share at least 5 good posts of other bloggers between your posts.

2. You have to share on correct sub-reddit.
Thanks for the quick tips, I'll give it a whirl. :]

Old 11-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Contributing Member

My biggest source of traffic comes from sites like Pinterest and Facebook groups as well as guest blogging.

This type of article marketing works really well for traffic as the site you are getting your article published on has a built in audience.

If you take time to write a really good, informative article to be published on other similar niche blogs, then you will get a steady stream of traffic, not only now but for many years to come as visitors to that site find your link and click through.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Banned

With help of bookmarks, social share create traffics for website.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Contributing Member

Social media is one of the best way to drive traffic to our blogs. like fb and reddit.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 AM

Follow only Social media, Blogging, Bloggermate campaign, email subscribers, social bookmarking, article and guest posting.

These tips will work

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Closed Thread