Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-05-2016, 10:36 AM

how can one get traffic for starter blogs?

Advice on how to boost blog traffic

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillednews View Post
Advice on how to boost blog traffic
Well, what marketing efforts have to tried so far?

What is the URL of your blog, perhaps we can look at it and see if any SEO adjustments is needed besides sharing marketing advice.

Are you doing any of the following things after publishing a blog post?

11 Things You Absolutely Must Do After Publishing Any New Blog Post

Quote:
After I wrote my 14-point pre-publish blog post checklist, several of you asked me to write about what I do after I publish a post. Itís definitely a little bit more than hitting the publish button. In this article, Iíll share the 11 things you absolutely must do after publishing your blog post.

These tips will help you maximize the value of each blog post that you write.

Since I know this is a very valuable resource, I suggest bookmarking this page or using this guide to create a customized checklist for you.

Having said that, here are the 11 things to do after you publish your blog post.
Continued at: https://syedbalkhi.com/11-things-you...new-blog-post/

Old 06-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

Post quality content
Write great eye catching headlines for your blog
Write great meta tags
Share your content in Social network sites
Optimize your blog for keywords

Old 06-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

One way is to post links to your new articles on appropriate facebook groups. Also Tweet your new articles and also curate them on several web 2.0 properties.

If you have an advertising budget, buying traffic works well to get a new blog off the ground.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Whenever I start a new blog (not for awhile though), I make sure my blog's SEO is set up before I allow the search engines to start indexing the blog. After I get content up on the blog leaving no empty categories and no empty space in my footer, I will start to market my blog online.

Like mentioned earlier, use social media to promote your fresh content online to your followers. In your blog posts, at the end of each one, kindly mention this "If you love what you just read, please consider sharing this online with your friends". This has worked for me on several occasions but people never follow directions. lol

Wait!!

What if you don't have that many followers on your social media accounts? How will you get traffic through social marketing?

Well, your existing followers can help by liking your shared content thus allowing that content to be shown on his or her profile page which in turn get's there own followers reading your content and perhaps visiting your blog or re-sharing it online to there own followers. All it takes is one share or 1 like by someone who has hundreds or thousands of followers to help give you a little boost for a few days in traffic.

I first advertised key pages on my blog through Facebook advertising to get likes and the word out about a new blog in the market. I targeted a certain type of audience which I got lucky and ended up with good traffic for the 1 week long campaign. I use FB ads about every 3 months for 1 week. I'm cheap bastard at times.

Find blogs in your niche or closely related to it and read there blog posts carefully and post a quality blog comment being 100% honest on what you think about the topic at hand. Add your URL to your profile before posting a comment. Never post your URL inside your blog comment itself because that's one way to get your IP banned from a blog.

Find blogs related to your niche and email the owner asking if they allow guest blog posts and if so, what are there rules for writing a blog post on there blog. Ask them if you can linkback to your own blog at least 1 time in the blog post so you do get a backlink while providing a quality blog post. Brand yourself online on other blogs by writing quality content and in return people will start to check out your blog and see what you blog about.

The big named bloggers who make lot's of money are well trusted online because they branded themselves online as true experts in certain fields. Hell, If they recommend a product to buy, I just buy it because I trust that bloggers judgement that the product is worth the price.

Good blog post to read.

http://influxentrepreneur.info/how-t...ersonal-brand/

Old 06-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Contributing Member

In order to boost traffic, you need to have knowledge on basic SEO - on-page and off-page optimization. On-page SEO include your websites over-all content, meta tags, description, internal linking etc. Off-page optimization include article and blog submission, social networking, bookmarking etc.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

Content is the king and backlink is the queen, so focus on the content of your blog, if the content you provide to the users is organic, full of unique and step-by-step information then by default you will have unique visitors and as they will read the content and stay on the site for a ling time, google will make your blog appear in the search result and also on the top most position. And once you are on the top most of the page you will have a lot of unique visitors.,

Old 07-28-2016, 08:08 AM

If you are running a blog, keyword is your first stepping stone. Choose the easy keys and write the best content. Promote it among the active discussions and social media groups.Start building the quality link at a regular interval. This strategy will surely get you the initial boost you are seeking for.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:48 PM

If you use a blog, you need:
Choose the easy keys and write the best content
Post quality content.
Write great meta tags.
Optimize your blog for keywords.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

Keyword research should be done. Then comes the perfect on-page SEO. So half of the blog promotion is over.

Now utilize social media to spread your content. Build reliable backlinks through blog commenting on relevant sites and contribute guest posts on good traffic active blogs.

Hope it helps!

Old 09-02-2016, 09:42 AM

I will advise you move to wordpress for better SEO though as it is the best form of traffic. However, blogger is also good for traffic and SEO

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Closed Thread