Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-26-2016, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Best ways to increase blog traffic

What are some best and secret ways to increase your website traffic

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibli2700 View Post
Here is a little tip. When writing quality content on your website, not only do internal linking to other pages on your website but link out at least 2 times to authority websites where the visitor can also get more information on a particular thing your article is about. You may even get a tweet thanking you for linking to that owners blog which increase's your pageviews for 1 day.

Don't write for the search engines, write for your audience.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:57 PM

I'd recommend you to start using Quora, I am getting 1000+ unique visitors (targeted) to one of my blog from Quora. Answers people's question ( of course related to your niche ) and they'd love to visit your site.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:15 PM

Yes, Quora is also a good one technique for increasing traffic to your blog. But writing quality content is the best way.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 09-28-2016, 03:31 AM
Contributing Member

I think the best way, really best way is creative, interesting-to-read content. In this case it will be shared, re-posted etc and as result you will have traffic increasing.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:28 AM

Some of the easy ways you can increase your website traffic:

1. Include reviews - you can include reviews from customers or from some of the associate. People believe if others are satisfied they will be too. Ask your customers to write you a review and use their real name and picture so it doesn't look fake.

2. Offer them something for free - you can offer something free to your visitors. It could be e-book, guide, checklist, spreadsheet or anything else you can think of. Make sure it's really useful and interesting enough to make them come back for more. In return, you can get their e-mail address (don't spam!).

3. Make your site readable - use readable fonts, constraint bodies of text to max 80 characters per line, broke text into small, readable chunks and highlight the most important parts. Always use appealing colors with good contrast.

4. Write blog - write quality, interesting and unique content. I'd say that most important part is creating an irresistible title. If you are not very good at writing the blog you should consider finding a help. Always double check for grammatical errors - rears hate them! For this I'd recommend Grammarly, it's a must have tool.

5. Make your links good - use links that are valid and make sure they open in the new window so you don't lose your visitors.

6. Act on Tuesday - apparently Tuesday's are best day for publishing and contacting your visitors.

7. Do the A/B testing - test rapidly different things and that will give you a clue how people react on your ideas.

8. Add contact form - you should have a contact form of any kind of contact info. Try to reply asap, before they find somebody who's quicker than you.

9. Promote - there's no point of taking so much effort in creating and maintaining your site if no one even knows it exists. One of the easiest ways to promote is by sharing your blog posts. And if your titles are interesting enough you'll get visitors too.
Some of the ways to promote:

Facebook:
  • Adds
  • Gropus
  • Mention influencers when you are talking about them
  • Swap FB posts with other bloggers

Twitter:
  • Create a tweet around the link
  • Use adds
  • Use popular hashtags
  • Mention your sources and influencers

LinkedIn:
  • Grow your network
  • Share posts
  • Use publishing platform
  • Publish in topic related groups

Google+:
  • Tag influencers
  • Join the communities

Pinterest:
  • Share blog images
  • Submit to groups

Other sites you can share your posts on:
  • Hacker News
  • Inboud.com
  • GrowthHackers.com
  • Triberr
  • BizSugar
  • Kingged
  • Zemanta
  • Taboola

10. View your site from the other perspective - after you done all of this you should look at your site, posts, and adds as someone else. Imagine that you came across your post somewhere. And ask yourself: would I click on it? Would I read this post? Is it interesting or useful?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:36 AM

I think you should use GG Adword or Bing ads. it' really works for you.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleph View Post
I think you should use GG Adword or Bing ads. it' really works for you.
What if you have no money to invest?

Old 10-17-2016, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibli2700 View Post
Hi there! I suppose what you can do is to integrate an offerwall into your site and display relevant offers which you think are interesting to your users. Let them see these offers right away and allow them to choose whether or not they will avail into it... I was able to do the same and I noticed that my website's traffic is steadily increasing after integration...

Old 10-18-2016, 01:40 AM
Contributing Member

You should promote your blog pages on Social media websites. Also you should update your blog with fresh content and images on a regular basis that will make you get traffic to your blog.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webspero View Post
You should promote your blog pages on Social media websites. Also you should update your blog with fresh content and images on a regular basis that will make you get traffic to your blog.
"Sharing is Carring". Share your blog on Facebook Groups and G+ communities as well. It will very helpful to you.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

First of all Focus on Article rather than tweaking keywords to follow SEO.
Share your article in Reddit with killer title , you will receive huge traffic (if your content is good).
Obviously , If you will receive traffic from search engine if your blog is SEO friendly and good domain authority.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna33 View Post
I'd recommend you to start using Quora, I am getting 1000+ unique visitors (targeted) to one of my blog from Quora. Answers people's question ( of course related to your niche ) and they'd love to visit your site.
I think when you provided an idea, you should give him way to do that.

Getting 1000+ visitors from Quora isn't difficult unless you give lots of quality answers and spend time to blog on quora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzikria View Post
Yes, Quora is also a good one technique for increasing traffic to your blog. But writing quality content is the best way.
I thought many people talk about this in the threat. Do not post for counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewclarkson View Post
Agree with snakeair - don't be afraid to link out to high authority websites.
You're right. Linking to authority will build trust with your visitor. What's more, you have opportunity to influent with those pro bloggers. I get lots of link from DA 40+ as I always link to them.

Note: do not ignore newbie as not all newbie bloggers are bad. Some of them have very great and unique idea. You know what? some time interact and help newbie to success will give lots of traffic and reputation.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

Well with the help of paid traffic generating methods one can get instant traffic, by using Google adwards, Bing ads, Facebook ads, paid video marketing, banner ads, Solo ads and much more but you are in need to invest money for above mentions methods.

But if you go with free options then you must know how to do Seo properly. Because with this technique you'll get decent amount of organic traffic.

You know very well how to write seo friendly content, how to choose some good keywords and add them in suitable position in your content.

You must by active on Question Answer websites like Quora and Yahoo answers.

Forum posting is also very helpful in this scenario.

Updating your blog on regular basis.

Share you content on social media.

Link building with relevant and authority websites are also fruitful in this regard.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

Doing keyword research and driving the targeted traffic from search engines is the best way to increase the traffic of a blog. Choose low competition keywords with high search volumes, write in-depth quality content around the topic and wait for sometime to get organic traffic to your blog. I follow this method and it works well for me.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:54 AM

I think , may not be true ,that backlinks from authority sites will increase targeted traffic to your site
That will depend on the article written according to user need as said above by other friends
The mpre back links , the more rank you get and so the more traffic you will get on your blog

Old 11-18-2016, 03:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzikria View Post
Quora and Yahoo Answer both are very helpful for increasing traffic.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

If you want some organic traffic then apply all seo techniques - both on page and off-page. It will take much effort and dedication but will worth the time. Try to gain some quailty backlinks.
However, if you want to get a quick and easy traffic - then put some ads on fb. Do guest posting on blogs related to your niche to get some traffic.
And yes answer questions related to your niche on quora and yahoo. However, frankly speaking, it's not possible to do all these things at the same time. Start doing one by one. Good luck

Last edited by rk484; 11-19-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:41 AM

the most basic way is going to be great content that appeals to your audience. Another way is by using Quora and seeing if your blog answers anyones questions on their

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Closed Thread