Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Share |
Old 12-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

17 Ways to Create Catchy Blog Titles That Drive Traffic

This is very important information to know and to pass along to your paid editors if you have any. I just did this now which I know will help my editor correct more of my mistakes. lol

Quote:
Having a catchy blog title plays the largest role in how much traffic your blog post will get. It determines where the post will rank in Google, how many social shares the post will get, and if your email list will even take a chance on your latest featured post.

The mistake that most bloggers make is spending all of their time on the content of the post and just a couple of minutes on the headline copy. The headline is the most important piece of the post. If you fail to create a compelling headline, then your great piece of content will rarely get seen or shared.

Neil Patel identified the key statistic why bloggers need to focus more time and energy on headlines.
Continued at: http://brandongaille.com/catchy-blog-titles/

Anyone have any comments on these 17?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Contributing Member

It's quite ironic actually as I always avoid link bait titles personally, and very nearly didn't read this one. I find the obsession with 'lists' and numerics in titles laughable and actually something that devalues what is written in some ways, its almost tabloid press like in its manner. However, i checked out the article and It was worth the read.

I actually use many of the methods listed, but have never been overly worried about the word count of the title to the point of A/B testing for optimising. This has saved me the job.

I will use my Quora blog to have a little play. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I have always just create the title with words that make sense to me and I never created titles to be catchy or help drive traffic like the topic is about. If it makes sense to me, I use it but now I have a new perspective about titles.

I sent the blog post to my editor so she can make any changes she deems necessary. I'll just keep writing and let her take this responsibility. lol

I do agree that very catchy titles do stand out and could provide many clicks over other titles but if the content is just crap with a awesome title, it would not benefit the blog as the visitor would leave the blog because of the crappy content.

Titles and the content is important. You need both to drive the traffic and have visitors sharing that content after reading it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion