Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Administrator

35 Places to Promote Blog Posts Once You Hit Publish

After you publish your blog post are you wondering where to promote it? There are 35 ideas in this article:
Quote:
I have seen people spamming over different social sites and forums to get traffic but does that work? Hell no. No one likes spammers.

On the flip side, some bloggers are too shy to let others know about their latest post and think of getting traffic automatically.

If you are too shy or afraid to share your articles thinking people will dislike it, then trust me your mom will be the only one reading your blog.

Don’t close your laptop and go to bed once you hit that ‘publish’ button. It’s where the game starts.

There are many ways to promote latest articles, and I have compiled a list of 35 blog promotion sites where you can promote your blog posts and get significant traffic.
Continued: 35 Places to Promote Blog Posts Once You Hit Publish
(highlighting by yours truly)

One thing that is not mentioned in the article is that if you are using Wordpress there is a default ping service already pinging various sites about your new post therefore you either have to:
a ) figure out which sites it is pinging so you do not duplicate the promotion and get labelled a spammer

b ) disable the default ping service and do this manually or with some kind of tool

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainfromhere View Post
Could anyone let me know what is Flipboard and Snapzu? i heard first time as i am very new to blogging.
Did you try searching them out first before asking for someone here to spoon-feed you the answers?

Old 01-07-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainfromhere View Post
Could anyone let me know what is Flipboard and Snapzu? i heard first time as i am very new to blogging.
Here is what They say about themselves:
Quote:
Flipboard is an important referral of traffic for bloggers. With 34,000 topics scanning 21 million magazines curated from articles on Flipboard as well as all over the Web, there are many opportunities for bloggers to get surfaced in front of an audience that’s interested in the very thing you’re writing about.
Flipboard is content curation site where anyone can aggregates content from social media, news feeds, photo sharing sites and other websites, presents it in magazine format.

Here is a quick guide to start:
1.Make an account on Flipboard
2.Create a magazine targeting your industry
3.Start flipping related articles for that magazine
4.Add a comment whenever you flip other's article
5.Start following other magazines and users same as your niche
6.Flip content from your blog/website
7.Focus more on flipping other's content rather than promoting your own website
8.Make sure you flip the best articles

Within a month of work you will start receiving good amount of traffic from it for life.

Best of luck!

Snazu is the alternative of reddit with better design. It can pass a hell lot of targeted traffic if you take the right actions, build relationship and do not spam the community.

To get free traffic you can try imzy which was started by an ex Reddit employee. It will pass backlink juice also.

I have never figured out how to get traffic from Digg and stumble upon.Have anyone had success with them?

Last edited by snakeair; 01-07-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: merged posts - use edit feature

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Closed Thread