Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

15 Free Methods to Increase Traffic to Your Site Right Now

Some are simple to do in my opinion.

Quote:
How is your website or blog doing so far this year? Does your traffic need a boost to increase or improve your customer engagement and sales?

Many businesses hire a professional marketer, create more content for their site, or start a blog to increase traffic. There are some different ways that you can improve your traffic. But you have to increase targeted traffic, not just general traffic. Getting customized traffic is one of the most important things that you can do to improve your chances of improving your results.
Continued at: https://blogging.org/blog/15-free-me...ite-right-now/

Any opinions on these 15?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Host a radio show??? Some pretty stupid ideas amongst an otherwise obvious list. Also many of the tactics are redundant if you don't have any traffic in the first place. 'jazz up your site'... oh dear.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

Radio show should be doable actually, if you're in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. You could call up a popular talk show host and ask them to bring you on for a chat. AND, taking a leaf out of Donald Trump's playbook, one could say something controversial (but by no means racist or offensive to anyone or any community). Something like "all local businesses will shut down by 2019, unless they did this".

The immediate reach of something like this will be limited of course, as you're doing a talk show in a small town. But people of the town will go on social media to discuss it which is where it could really take off.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

Link out from reputable sites, is it possible ?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altssolution View Post
Link out from reputable sites, is it possible ?
Post a quality blog comment but I'm betting the reputable websites are no follow comment links.

Reputable websites will link to other sites that are useful not only to themselves but for there viewership. That's my opinion.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

On a blog post that I author and cite a reputable author I will reach out to that author and let them know that I have linked to their content. I express that I am grateful for their content and would appreciate a comment on the blog post and if they feel it appropriate if they will share my blog post. This works about 50% of the time and I have even had some of the authors contribute to future blog posts.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:07 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
Host a radio show??? Some pretty stupid ideas amongst an otherwise obvious list. Also many of the tactics are redundant if you don't have any traffic in the first place. 'jazz up your site'... oh dear.
Blogtalkradio?
I hope you are joking because I know loads of people who have created niche shows years ago and are still benefitting from the traffic today.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Radio show should be doable actually, if you're in a small town where everyone knows everyone else. You could call up a popular talk show host and ask them to bring you on for a chat. AND, taking a leaf out of Donald Trump's playbook, one could say something controversial (but by no means racist or offensive to anyone or any community). Something like "all local businesses will shut down by 2019, unless they did this".

The immediate reach of something like this will be limited of course, as you're doing a talk show in a small town. But people of the town will go on social media to discuss it which is where it could really take off.
Not in the UK. If you are a charity then yes, any commercial angle and it is certainly not free. Besides people in the UK certainly don't go on the radio then talk about it on social media! This is almost an oxymoron. The demographic of radio listeners in the UK does not marry (en masse) with social media users. Soundcloud and spotify users maybe, BBC local radio, certainly not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Blogtalkradio?
I hope you are joking because I know loads of people who have created niche shows years ago and are still benefitting from the traffic today.
Meant to merge posts with above so please do!

No I'm not joking at all. you obviously have missed the Free bit in the ops title.

No.7 in your latest blog is a load of 'crap' by the way. Nothing worse than generalised ranting.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Not in the UK. If you are a charity then yes, any commercial angle and it is certainly not free. Besides people in the UK certainly don't go on the radio then talk about it on social media! This is almost an oxymoron. The demographic of radio listeners in the UK does not marry (en masse) with social media users. Soundcloud and spotify users maybe, BBC local radio, certainly not.
But what about celebrities? Let's say a private radio station in London wanted to bring in Andy Murray (or a celebrity blogger) in for a chat. Couldn't they do it?

Coming to your second point, over here, people are inclined to talk about almost anything on social media including what they saw on TV, heard on the radio or even what they heard on trains (the en masse IS the social media demographic)! So anything controversial on paid media goes social for sure.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Meant to merge posts with above so please do!

No I'm not joking at all. you obviously have missed the Free bit in the ops title.

No.7 in your latest blog is a load of 'crap' by the way. Nothing worse than generalised ranting.
Has blogtalkradio changed? It was free a few years ago. All you need to invest in is a decent mic

Old 03-07-2017, 02:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Blogtalkradio?
Quote:
Has blogtalkradio changed? It was free a few years ago. All you need to invest in is a decent mic
In the UK you need to pay a sub-license fee for any type of broadcast, internet or otherwise. Possibly different elsewhere. Plus, a decent mic isn't free is it?

Maybe Im being a pedant, but there's nothing more annoying than a headline that misleads surely.

The title states 'free' methods.

Quote:
But what about celebrities? Let's say a private radio station in London wanted to bring in Andy Murray (or a celebrity blogger) in for a chat. Couldn't they do it?

This is hardly what the blog post point was saying though was it - isn't it a general list for the average site owner? Im sure we could all come up with super niche ideas. i know i could for your niche after being a michelin chef in my past life. I know lots of ways of getting free advertising.

Coming to your second point, over here, people are inclined to talk about almost anything on social media including what they saw on TV, heard on the radio or even what they heard on trains (the en masse IS the social media demographic)! So anything controversial on paid media goes social for sure.
Radio listeners in the UK that listen to 'talk radio' are 65+ on the whole, i just checked figures and it states this. Over 65's are the smallest users of social media. You live in a country where the average age is almost half the UK's so its like comparing apples and pears culturally.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
This is hardly what the blog post point was saying though was it - isn't it a general list for the average site owner?
I'm just saying that if you were even a mildly successful blogger living in a small town, you'd probably have quasi celebrity status anyway. I've lived in Union City, New Jersey which is just about square mile in area & it's the kind of place where everyone knows everyone. If I moved back there today, I'm sure I could get myself invited on to a radio show or two.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
If I moved back there today, I'm sure I could get myself invited on to a radio show or two.
It isn't very difficult. Simply narrow your niche. Then find someone who talked about it but knew less.

Quote:
Have you been to Europe and used some of the toilets?

Old 03-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yes How can it possible a radio show and I think for a business site It's not at all work asking visitors what they like instead analyze on which page they are coming or visits more..

Old 03-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Have you been to Europe and used some of the toilets?
Yes I've lived and worked in many countries across Europe and the picture you show is not indicative in any way, nor is your description of where bathrooms (W/c's) are. To be honest it's exactly what I'd expect from an American! < See what I did there?!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

This conversation has literally gone down the drain

Old 03-08-2017, 04:29 AM
v7n Mentor

OK here is a method that has been proven to go well for me:
I Google false information about the subject I know something about. Then I blog about the other blog or forum post that has the false info and correct it on my blog. From there I post a link to that article of mine either on a Facebook group where people interested in the subject matter hang out or even fans of the blog post with the wrong info hang.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:54 AM

Quality content creation, posting and updating in regular interval - best free method to get traffic.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaikat View Post
Quality content creation, posting and updating in regular interval - best free method to get traffic.
Have you read the ops original post, or anything else for that matter? Obviously not.

Quote:
OK here is a method that has been proven to go well for me:
I Google false information about the subject I know something about. Then I blog about the other blog or forum post that has the false info and correct it on my blog. From there I post a link to that article of mine either on a Facebook group where people interested in the subject matter hang out or even fans of the blog post with the wrong info hang.
Nice model that a few have done extremely well with, snopes comes to mind.

So maybe i could do the same about European toilets?

Old 03-08-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaikat View Post
This is very old news and the typical reply from someone who didn't read the opening post or replies before posting a response. Not a good way to introduce yourself on here.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Closed Thread