Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Share |
Old 04-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How Bloggers Can Leverage Social Proof to Their Advantage

Anyone already doing this?

Quote:
People follow the crowds. One of the foundational principles of marketing is how to influence the crowds, so people are just inclined to become your customers. The phenomenon where the majority influences purchasing decisions is known as social proof. Think of it as word-of-mouth on a greater scale.

Social proof*is necessary to build a reliable and sustainable reader base for your blog. Itís not good enough for a hundred people to like your blog. You need to show off to those hundred people to gain thousands of additional readers. You may already be aware of some social proof strategies that drive traffic. For example, celebrity social proof,
Continued at: http://www.bloggingtips.com/2017/04/...oof-advantage/

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2017, 08:55 AM

When you first start a new page, getting Likes and followers it is true, it can be quite hard. I will be honest, I am not a master in getting likes. I don't have any magic formula either. Except providing really great **** on your pages, people will have a reason to "Like" it in the first place.

This is especially true on Facebook. On FB you're competing with people's spouses, best friends & family for attention, so you had better be good.

My impression of Facebook is that if you simply share the news feed, It is quite useless. It's quite depressing if people who Liked your page never engage with any of your content -- or worse, flag or block. However, please forgive me for saying it, I strongly disagree with buying likes or buying social shares. This simply kills your pages and any credibility.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:31 AM
Banned

@anton shed some light on how buying likes kills pages

Old 07-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member

I've never used social proof in a blogging context, rather I use it to help sell products and services. But a product with social likes and shares converts far better than one without it. People do really get influenced by what others think, especially if those others are their friends and family.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion