Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-05-2009, 10:44 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Went home for lunch and checked my email

Usually, I get around 20 - 30 notifications from my youtube account, and today was no different. I like to read through the "<username> has posted a comment on <video name>" emails to keep the spam and hate comments off my videos.

One email caught my attention. It was one of my subscribers that posted a comment on one of my videos. He said that did not like the video and that he was "unsubscribing."

Simple enough - block user - yes I want to block that user - remove comment.

And directly under the email about that guys comment, was another 10 - 15 subscription notifications, where people had subscribed to my account.

When you get into vblogging or vodcasting, people start to expect a certain "something" from your videos. So its going to be impossible to keep everyone happy all the time. Dont worry about what people say, just keep blazing your path.

One of my buddies stopped vblogging because of hate comments. We talked on the phone for a little while. I told him to be a tyrant. If someone post a comment on your video that you do not like, remove it and block that user. After we talked, he opened another youtube account and started posting again.

I do not post videos to be someone punching bag. With that subscriber of mine posting the comment, he was trying to start trouble. All he had to do was unsubscribe and not say anything, or just send me a PM. But instead, he posted his comment in public view to make a scene.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 12:32 PM

hm... luv it

now I'll stay tuned..

Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

i suspect this was runned by softwares... some do make hate comments so that they will be notice by other users.. part of techniques though.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Some people are just like that.

They are just there to tell the world how miserable they are and just want to put people down to feel better about themselves.

No matter how good a content you put up, there will always be this kind of people to put it down. I will just ignore or block them and get on with my busy schedule.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There are just some people like that, can't get enough attention for themselves. The best you can do is ignore them and move on

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum