Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM

What are Blogs?

What are Blogs? For What purpose we use blogs? What is Blog commenting?
The main websites of Blogs?

Looking for comments..

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

Before blogs, you would have to create a website using HTML, a coding language that told a web browser where to put a picture, where to put a paragraph and how to format it, etc.

Think of a blog as a website in a box, ready to go with very little tweaking. The code has been written, the graphics already laid out but still adjustable so you can customize it, change the colors, etc. With a blog, you can upload a blogging program, customize it, and be using it in less than 10 minutes.

Because of all the cool stuff listed above, someone can upload a blog and "have a site" with ease. This makes it easy for people to have a forum to share their opinions, wisdom, and knowledge. Search engines love Wordpress (a type of free blog program) because it is SEO friendly. Hope that helps. I will have a site up within a week or two called FreeWebsiteBlog.com. I'll begin providing a free service setting up blogs. All someone has to do is sign up for a hosting account through one one of my links from popular hosting companies like HostGator, LunarPages, WebHostingPad, etc, many of them with discount coupons or codes. If you're interested, PM me and I'll be glad to set your blog up for you.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

This LINK will help you to answer your question. I bookmarked this when I'm starting to understand blog.. It has a lot of definition for you to understand. You can also read the comments of people who widen their knowledge about blog. I hope it might help

Old 09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adney Ryder View Post
What are Blogs? For What purpose we use blogs? What is Blog commenting?
The main websites of Blogs?

Looking for comments..
Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. Blog commenting is By blog that receives comments is a general blog, people are able to comment on different topics as they understand it

Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

If you want to have your own blog use word press hosted version or download to install new one on your web site

Old 09-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

you cant get clear answer by a single reply thread. Search for articles about blog, blog commenting on net. You will come to know all the answers by experts articles and blogs.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Blogs are web logs that are updated regularly, usually on a daily basis. They contain information related to a specific topic. In some cases blogs are used as daily diaries about people's personal lives, political views, or even as social commentaries. The truth of the matter is that blogs can be shaped into whatever you, the author, want them to be.

Where Did Blogs Come From?
The roots of blogging can be traced back to the mid 1990's. Who the very first blogger actually was is unclear, as the art of blogging did not really take hold until 1999. The original "weblogs" were link-driven sites with personal commentaries. The very first blogs were human guided Internet web tours. While initially thought of as diaries or online journals, blogs have evolved into the latest fresh web content.

Everything You Need to Know About Blogs - http://www.rss-specifications.com/everything-blogs.htm

More Blog Info - http://www.blog-connection.com/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum