Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Administrator

WordPress 3.7.1 Maintenance Release

Already?
Quote:
WordPress 3.7.1 is now available! This maintenance release addresses 11 bugs in WordPress 3.7, including:

■Images with captions no longer appear broken in the visual editor.
■Allow some sites running on old or poorly configured servers to continue to check for updates from WordPress.org.
■Avoid fatal errors with certain plugins that were incorrectly calling some WordPress functions too early.
■Fix hierarchical sorting in get_pages(), exclusions in wp_list_categories(), and in_category() when called with empty values.
■Fix a warning that may occur in certain setups while performing a search, and a few other notices.

For a full list of changes, consult the list of tickets and the changelog.
WordPress 3.7.1 Maintenance Release
October 29, 2013

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

One-click plugin search and install now works without issue Yes!!

The update must have come available sometime after the morning, which is when I last checked for it. A thread on the WP forum was "a buzz" with the issue for the last few days.

However - with the update came the offer to update plugins as well, which I indicated "yes" as they were not active anyhow. Upon checking, the dashboard still the updates to these plugins as still needing to be actioned for updates. (sigh)

Last edited by LMD; 10-29-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 PM

Too bad I did not found this thread earlier there would have been some valuable information for me

Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator

WordPress 3.8 “Parker”

Quote:
Version 3.8 of WordPress, named “Parker” in honor of Charlie Parker, bebop innovator, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. We hope you’ll think this is the most beautiful update yet.
Continued: WordPress 3.8 “Parker”

Old 01-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Administrator

WordPress 3.8.1 Maintenance Release

Quote:
Version 3.8.1 is a maintenance releases that addresses 31 bugs in 3.8, including various fixes and improvements for the new dashboard design and new themes admin screen. An issue with taxonomy queries in WP_Query was resolved. And if you’ve been frustrated by submit buttons that won’t do anything when you click on them (or thought you were going crazy, like some of us), we’ve found and fixed this “dead zone” on submit buttons.
Full notice: WordPress 3.8.1 Maintenance Release

Old 04-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Administrator

WordPress 3.8.2 Security Release

Quote:
WordPress 3.8.2 is now available. This is an important security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.

This releases fixes a weakness that could let an attacker force their way into your site by forging authentication cookies. This was discovered and fixed by Jon Cave of the WordPress security team.
Continued: WordPress 3.8.2 Security Release

Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

Yup - I started getting my email alerts on this update for various domains earlier this morning. Sounds like a worthwhile update. I wonder how many people are choosing not to have the auto updates applied and the reasons why?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Yup - I started getting my email alerts on this update for various domains earlier this morning. Sounds like a worthwhile update. I wonder how many people are choosing not to have the auto updates applied and the reasons why?
Didn't get any emails - never have. Just monitored the Wordpress site for updates.

I didn't disable auto updates on mine.

Just went to each site I have using Wordpress:
  1. It didn't check for the update until I logged.
  2. It didn't auto update either.
  3. Did all mine manually seeing I was there.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

This is part of what I'm receiving:

Quote:
Howdy! Your site at [domain] has been updated automatically to WordPress 3.8.2.

No further action is needed on your part. For more on version 3.8.2, see the About WordPress screen:....

Old 04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Jetpack Security Update Requires Immediate Action!

I don't use this but for those that do and missed the email they sent out:
Quote:
Jetpack has released it’s newest security update 2.9.3 telling everyone to update as soon as possible due to a potential and critical security threat. They are sending out emails to all users who are not on the latest version to update the plugin quickly to avoid being logged out of Jetpack for the site’s own safety.

While this is not linked to the heartbeed bug, the threat was still a nasty one. The open door can be combined with other attacks to get into your site quicker and easier.
Jetpack Security Update Requires Immediate Action!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Administrator

WordPress 3.8.3 Maintenance Release

Geez.
Quote:
WordPress 3.8.3 is now available to fix a small but unfortunate bug in the WordPress 3.8.2 security release.

The “Quick Draft” tool on the dashboard screen was broken in the 3.8.2 update. If you tried to use it, your draft would disappear and it wouldn’t save. While we doubt anyone was writing a novella using this tool, any loss of content is unacceptable to us.

We recognize how much trust you place in us to safeguard your content, and we take this responsibility very seriously. We’re sorry we let you down.
WordPress 3.8.3 Maintenance Release

Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Administrator

WordPress 3.9 “Smith”

Yet another update this month for Wordpress:
Quote:
Version 3.9 of WordPress, named “Smith” in honor of jazz organist Jimmy Smith, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. This release features a number of refinements that we hope you’ll love.
WordPress 3.9 “Smith”

Old 05-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Administrator

WordPress 3.9.1 Maintenance Release

If you have your Wordpress install using auto update you should have gotten an email that the update has been applied.
Quote:
After three weeks and more than 9 million downloads of WordPress 3.9, we’re pleased to announce that WordPress 3.9.1 is now available.

This maintenance release fixes 34 bugs in 3.9, including numerous fixes for multisite networks, customizing widgets while previewing themes, and the updated visual editor. We’ve also made some improvements to the new audio/video playlists feature and made some adjustments to improve performance. For a full list of changes, consult the list of tickets and the changelog.
WordPress 3.9.1 Maintenance Release
May 8, 2014

Old 07-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Administrator

WordPress Sites Seeing Increased Malware, Brute Force Attacks This Week

Have you made sure your Wordpress installation is secure and everything is up to date?
Quote:
A glut of WordPress sites have fallen victim to both malware infections and a series of brute force attacks that have making the rounds over the past several days, researchers claim.

According to Peter Gramantik, a malware researcher at Sucuri, highly obfuscated malware payloads have been targeting sites with out of date plugins and sloppy, weak passwords.

While the fact that malware is targeting outdated plugins and weak passwords isn’t particularly surprising, Gramantik claims what makes the attack interesting is the fact that the payload is being blindly injected. Bug-riddled PHP is apparently corrupting legitimate WordPress files, along with theme and plugin files that belong to the popular content management system.
Continued: WordPress Sites Seeing Increased Malware, Brute Force Attacks This Week

Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

WordPress 4.0 is now released, called "benny".

Official notes:

http://wordpress.org/news/2014/09/benny/

Old 11-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Administrator

WordPress 4.0.1 Security Release

Quote:
WordPress 4.0.1 is now available. This is a critical security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.

Sites that support automatic background updates will be updated to WordPress 4.0.1 within the next few hours. If you are still on WordPress 3.9.2, 3.8.4, or 3.7.4, you will be updated to 3.9.3, 3.8.5, or 3.7.5 to keep everything secure. (We don’t support older versions, so please update to 4.0.1 for the latest and greatest.)
Continued: WordPress 4.0.1 Security Release
November 20, 2014

Old 12-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Administrator

RevSlider Vulnerability Leads to Thousands of Sites Hacked

If you are using RevSlider you need to read this alert:

Quote:
Google has blacklisted over 11,000 websites as of Sunday due to the SoakSoak attack. Hackers are using the RevSlider hole to infect sites with the malware. It has been reported that over 100,000 websites has this vulnerability. It comes in through the hole of the RevSlider plugin, uploads its own backdoor to your site, then infects everything on the server. If a site is on a shared hosting and does not use RevSlider, it could still become infected due to other sites hosted on the same server. Any version below 4.2 is a security threat and should be updated immediately. Right now they are at version 4.6.5.
RevSlider Vulnerability Leads to Thousands of Sites Hacked

Old 12-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Administrator

WordPress 4.1 “Dinah”

Quote:
Version 4.1 of WordPress, named “Dinah” in honor of jazz singer Dinah Washington, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. New features in WordPress 4.1 help you focus on your writing, and the new default theme lets you show it off in style.
Continued: WordPress 4.1 “Dinah”
December 18, 2014

Old 02-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Administrator

WordPress 4.1.1 Maintenance Release

If you don't have your Wordpress installation on auto update you need to install this:
Quote:
WordPress 4.1.1 is now available. This maintenance release fixes 21 bugs in version 4.1.

Some of you may have been waiting to update to the latest version until now, but there just wasn’t much to address. WordPress 4.1 was a smooth-sailing release and has seen more than 14 million downloads in the last two months.
Continued: WordPress 4.1.1 Maintenance Release
February 18, 2015

Old 02-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Using Trackbacks? Be Cautious!

If you are allowing trackback and pingbacks you might want to read this:
Quote:
...If you have trackbacks enabled, it would be in your best interest to totally remove them. The threat is still there if all you do is disable trackbacks. In a nutshell using the script that runs trackbacks poses an ongoing security risk...
Using Trackbacks? Be Cautious!
February 19, 2015

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum