Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Guest Posting [Ultimate Guide]

Quote:
Guest posting is one of the best free ways to drive traffic, get new subscribers and free links. In fact this is one strategy I've used on this blog a lot and I've shown my traffic graphs below, but before we get to that I want to cover the basics and essential knowledge you should know to make the most from guest posting.
Guest Posting [Ultimate Guide]

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanks for sharing a link to my blog

I spent several hours writing that post and it's gotten a very nice response. I'm going to do more "Ultimate Guides" as I like to call them in the future on topics that people discuss on other blogs but never in a comprehensive fashion.

In any case, I have friends that have built and ranked sites specifically on guest posting so that's worth considering for anyone that still doesn't see the merits of guest posting.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGuthrie View Post
Thanks for sharing a link to my blog
You can thank Darren Rowse for tweeting it.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
You can thank Darren Rowse for tweeting it.
lol, I sent him an email to ask him to do it

I think he did it because I mentioned his blog etc. as well. In any case it was nice

Old 07-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Want To Write a Guest Post For A Blog? Try to Find How To Submit One First

A post by Daniel Scocco of Daily Blog Tips regarding submitting your request to guest blog:
Quote:
Every month I receive dozens of emails from bloggers asking if I would be interested in receiving a guest post from them....

Sure I would be interested in at least checking the guest post from anyone. But when these emails come I just ignore them. Why? Because it signals to me that the person didn’t even care to take a look at my blog, trying to find out whether or not I accept guest posts, and how to submit one.
Read Want To Write a Guest Post For A Blog? Try to Find How To Submit One First to find out how not to submit your request.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Guest Blogging : Guide to Leveraging Expertise & Influence

Here is a blog post by Loren Baker on guest blogging.

Quote:
Establishing yourself or your company as an expert within a targeted niche has always been a cornerstone of marketing, both online and offline. With blogging, we are at a point where a business leader who can write, film video shorts, or build a Facebook presence; can also reach their core audience online. One form of increasing online visibility and positioning your company or company figurehead as an expert in your field is Guest Blogging. But establishing that relationship is the key.

There is an art to Guest Blogging, and it’s about building long term brand loyalty and reciprocity. Guest blogging is never a band-aid for link building, and will generate business for your company if done correctly.

This being said, guest blogging is one of the most effective ways to promote your brand and build a strong online presence. The benefits of guest blogging include:
Continued at: Guest Blogging

Thoughts on this anyone? Anyone currently doing guest blogger on other blogs? If so, have you noticed any changes in your daily traffic or rankings?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Administrator

9 Sure Ways To Get Your Guest Post Rejected

This post is written by a guest blogger, so he must know what he is talking about!
Quote:
Getting a guest post accepted on a popular and relevant blog is not as easy as it seems. Below you’ll find 9 ways that are guaranteed to get your post rejected. Are you guilty of any?
9 Sure Ways To Get Your Guest Post Rejected

Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

I like and understand the concept and ideas of guest blogging however there might be a risk if this will work out and become more popular,sad to admit that this will be a big hit for most seo but can also make a bad impressions if not moderated.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Administrator

What is Guest Posting – an Infographic

Quote:
While the practice of guest posting is getting more and more popular, many people still wonder how it is different from just plain blogging.

This post represents a guest infographic which clearly outlines the difference.

While we do not mean to say you should stop blogging and start to only guest posting (the two should definitely co-exist), this infographic will outlay the hugest benefits of the latter):
What is Guest Posting – an Infographic

Old 07-25-2010, 11:45 PM

I personally think that guest blogging is the next gen way to promote products.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfew View Post
I personally think that guest blogging is the next gen way to promote products.
Definitely. But as a guest blogger, you should follow the style of the original blog admin, like the formatting and how the do paragraph and line breaks to make the blog consistent.
It's ok to add your link on that blog post but minimize it so it will not look like a sponsored or advertisement post.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:15 PM

The person could always steal your content and not link back (would be extremely shady) but it can happen. Also it might be best to simply syndicate out the article across article directories vs the time it will take to contact bloggers for a guest blog post; after all they are most likely protective over their blog's content so they won't be so willing to let "strangers" post on their blog, even for free.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:17 PM

Is guest commenting more effective than blogger commenting?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bistone View Post
Is guest commenting more effective than blogger commenting?
Writing guest posts on other members blogs (in your niche) is much better then doing blog commenting. For one thing, your blog comment could never get approved and also get your IP/email address banned if your comment seems like it's spam or not even related to the blog post that you was commenting on.

Now if you write a great article and submit this to a blog as a guest blog post, you will get more exposure to your site that you are promoting and perhaps get a steady guest blogging job on that one blog depending on what the owner thinks of your writing style. Take for example problogger.net, darren has a few folks doing guest blogging on this blog and i am sure get a few thousand views each week.

Speaking of problogger.net, here is a good blog post about guest blogging that you should read and also watch the videos.

Quote:
One of the biggest challenges for a new bloggers starting out in an established niche is to find a way to stand out from the crowd and find their first readers. Without existing profile and/or credibility – getting those first readers can be very tough.

To combat this a few years back a number of bloggers started to use ‘Guest Blogging’ as a technique to launch their blogs and grow their brands to new audiences. This technique launched many bloggers to prominence – including Leo Babauta, Brian Clark, Chris Garrett, Skellie, Jon Morrow (all of whom have guest posted on ProBlogger) and many many more.

Much has been written on the topic of how to use guest posting but one of the best resources that I’ve seen lately has been produced by Jon Morrow. He’s just released the first in a series of videos (#aff) on the topic and they are well worth watching.
Continued at: How to Use Guest Blogging to Grow Your Blog Exponentially

EDIT: I just found another good blog post on guest blogging on the searchenginejournal.com blog. #1 Guest Blogging Incentive: Backlinks (Guidelines and Ethics)

Last edited by snakeair; 07-30-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add additional resource link

Old 08-01-2010, 06:58 PM

snakeair,thx a lot for ur long reply.Good points in ur reply,really nice job u did!
I'll try guest blogging.U mentioned me that blog comments may not get approval forever...

Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Before You Guest Blog, Know Their Audience

This tip really makes sense. Why write for a blog as a guest blogger if your expertise isn't what the target audience is interested in?
Quote:
If you have been following a lot of the popular Internet Marketing and Blogging blogs out there, you have probably seen an increase in people talking about how guest posting is a great way to build an audience. But before you start writing for other blogs, make sure you do your research to see if it is worth your while.
Attention! Before You Guest Blog, Know Their Audience

Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Guest Blogging Versus Article Marketing: What Really Works?

Quote:
Let me first get my point straight: it’s not wise to compare article marketing to guest posting – this is much like comparing apples to oranges.

But we get back to this comparison again and again. I can’t do nothing about that except for offering my own comparison.

Here’s a handy table that makes my point clear: I do believe in guest posting and I do think article marketing is in the past. And here’s why:
Guest Blogging Versus Article Marketing: What Really Works?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

I know a blog that does guest blogging blog.2createawebsite.com . It is very successful and has thousands of feed readers and everyone loves the blog posts whether it is by the original author or not is indifferent.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:26 AM

Guest is one of the best and fastest medium to get famous in blogospehere. Just write good quality article on some big blogs (if they have enabled guest blogging) and then see the traffic coming to your blog.
You will also get high authority backlinks and ranking in Technorati with this concept.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Banned

Guest blogging on some popular sites is very helpful in traffic increase. You also get back links from there

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread