Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How Guest Blogging is Getting Huge

More information on Guest blogging:

Quote:
Guest blogging has been around for quite some time: plenty of blogs have been inviting contributions from outside for ages. On the other hand, it has always been a great way to expose your brand to a wide audience and win new followers and contacts via providing great content.

The win-win concept behind guest blogging has...
Continued at: How Guest Blogging is Getting Huge

Any thoughts on this blog post?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 AM

Guest blogging is nice especially if you are quite popular. However, for newbies, most of them are not easily accepted. Except for those who have very nice credentials and experiences :-)

Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Banned

Nice thread about guest blog. Guest blog can bring us more new users from different blogs also improves relationship with other bloggers.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Guest Blogging – Much More Than Just Link Building?

Quote:
If you are into link building or online reputation management, you must have heard of the term Guest Blogging. Let’s talk straight: people get into this very quickly and participate actively because it’s the great way to build quality links for your website and if you have a great style of writing that forces readers to follow and look up to you.

But is this all? Well, most of the people may say yes! But I think guest blogging is a lot more than just link building.
Guest Blogging – Much More Than Just Link Building?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Administrator

Help Readers Find Your Guest Posts

Something that adds to the credibility to your blog: A page with all the blogs you have Guest Blogged on. If you wanted to apply for a writing job, I think this would be great too!

Quote:
Do your readers have an easy way to find all of the guest posts you’ve written on other blogs? After all, writing a guest post is hard work and as bloggers we often showcase our best content on other blogs. I like how Alex Whalley’s post My Guest Posts does an excellent job of providing a “syllabus” (class is always in session on Alez’s blog) for all of his off site blogging activities and after I saw his post I was determined to do something similar!
Excerpt From: Help Readers Find Your Guest Posts | Basic Blog Tips http://basicblogtips.com/find-my-gue...#ixzz16kk0osOs
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives

Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Get Paid to Guest Blog

7 sites listed where you can get paid for Guest Blogging:
http://www.abnormalmarketing.com/201...to-guest-blog/

Old 01-28-2011, 03:00 PM

When Guest Posts Fail

Here is a good blog post from outspokenmedia blog. Take a look at it if you are going to start guest blogging or even wondering about a few things.

Quote:
No one likes to feel rejected, especially in forty point font (true story), but success isn’t a guarantee in our industry. For every success I would wager that link builders and marketers face three times as much failure and rejection.

At Outspoken Media, we’ve had guest posts work very well for the purposes of link development, social media and reputation management. We’ve also seen guest posts present a huge time suck and little return if something goes wrong. And when it comes to guest posts, a lot can go wrong because you’re dependent on someone else to accept and publish your work.

While training our newest additions to the team on how to find and pitch guest posts it became apparent that some of the greatest lessons we had came from our mistakes. So, I tried to come up with the most common guest post failures and.....
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/when-guest-posts-fail/

Old 01-28-2011, 04:20 PM

I participated in a live webinar this morning with Darren and Chris G and asked about guest posts. Darren said that for the big blogs like ProBlogger they prefer an outline or topic query rather than a full post. Chris suggested that you should try and make a guest post part of a conversation. For example try and answer a question someone has posed in the comments section and submit it as a guest post.

One of the things I did to get a guest post on a smaller blog was to write a post that built on a guest post that was already published on that site. You can also build on posts by commenting of course, but maybe if you have a lot to say on the subject you might want to offer a guest post instead.

Chris Garret has a course on writing guest posts at guestposting.info

Hope this helps

Old 01-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

I like and understand the concept and ideas of guest blogging however there might be a risk if this will work out and become more popular,sad to admit that this will be a big hit for most seo but can also make a bad impressions if not moderated.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnali97 View Post
I like and understand the concept and ideas of guest blogging however there might be a risk if this will work out and become more popular,sad to admit that this will be a big hit for most seo but can also make a bad impressions if not moderated.
Unlike comments, blog authors have infinite control over guest posts. After all unless they allow guest posters access to their admin (which is very inadvisable) they have to read the guest post, edit it if there are spelling and grammar mistakes, then physically post it to their blog.

The biggest problem I see is that as your blog becomes more popular you will have an inbox full of guest post pitches and offers that you have to plow through every day.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:17 AM

Interesting perspective.. and yea, it could seem that way.

I've had some great experience guest blogging! Ultimately, it's not all about the guest blogger, it's about the site with the guest blog on it, naturally.

But! Having links to your sites from high profile blogs is a good thing! It's done me quite well! Great thread though, thanks for posting.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:39 AM

4 Tips for Landing a Solid Guest Blogging Spot

4 Tips for Landing a Solid Guest Blogging Spot

Quote:
If you’ve never considered writing content for other blogs, now’s definitely the time to start. The advantages of guest blogging are numerous, and when done right, guest blogging is a publicity gold mine.

Think of it this way: writing content on a popular blog is like an amazing quid pro quo. A little bit of content goes a long way, and a solid guest post on a popular blog will increase the traffic, comments and audience of your own online journal.

So, how does one land a one-off (or regular) gig at a prominent blog? Check out these steps to pick up that great, prestigious guest spot.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...uest-blog.html

Old 02-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

this strategies works effectively on my blog though it really takes time waiting for an owner's permission.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned

its really good idea but where can i find such blogs and will the owner will allow me to post ?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook-aaplication View Post
its really good idea but where can i find such blogs and will the owner will allow me to post ?
Read through this thread from the start. There are posts with locations to find guest blogger positions.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 AM

7 Mistakes that Lead to Guest Post Failure

Here is good blog post to read.

7 Mistakes that Lead to Guest Post Failure

Quote:
Guest posting! The highway to unbridled blogging success! Nab yourself a spot on an A-List blog and suddenly it’s your name in lights. Traffic, engagement, the undying adulation of the unwashed masses!

Sounds great, right?

Well, it is, actually.

But what about those of us who really crave a bit of failure? The ones who like to start every anecdote with “One time I almost” or “I was this close …”?

What does guest posting offer for us?

Well, fellow failure-chaser, you’re in luck. Because writing and submitting a guest post offers some real opportunities for spectacular failure.

So start taking notes, because you’re going to be able to tell your friends about the time you nearly wrote an amazing post for an A-Lister that almost took your own blog to a whole new level.
Continued at: http://www.copyblogger.com/guest-post-mistakes/

Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 AM

I find my blog guest is an awesome place for Guest Blogging opps.

Other than that, I struggle for UK based forums - anyone else have any ideas?

Mel

Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Administrator

The Dark Side of Guest Posts

If you are having problems being accepted as a guest blogger, maybe this list of what Meryl K. Evans, Content Maven will help you with your application:
Quote:
Almost daily, I receive an email asking if someone can write a guest post for this here blog. 95 percent of the time, I don’t bother responding to these messages just like they don’t bother reading the blog before emailing me.

Signs of an iffy guest post request email
The Dark Side of Guest Posts

Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Opening Up Your Site for Guest Bloggers Means to Learn to Say “NO”

Quote:
If you want content, ensure there is a ‘write for us’ section on your site, or at the very least a ‘contact us’ facility. If you want to attract guest posters, then it goes without saying that you try to rank for ‘Guest post’ or ‘guest bloggers’.

The bottom line is always read the content before posting, even if you are desperate for copy on your site, publishing poorly written nonsensical drivel will only harm the credibility of your blog and drive visitors away.
Opening Up Your Site for Guest Bloggers Means to Learn to Say “NO”

Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM

blogger

ppls i think scare to contribute something worthful to others, they want to take all advantage of their writing alone

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread