Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Guest Posts: Choosing the Right Opportunity

More related information:

Guest Posts: Choosing the Right Opportunity

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM

4 Tips for Advanced Guest Bloggers

Very good blog post.

Quote:
As most of you already know, guest blogging is one of the coolest and most valuable ways of marketing your business and promoting your blog. But the thing about guest blogging is that it gets to be a much more effective promotional tool the better and better you get at it. Once youíve been practicing guest blogging for awhile, youíll be able to approach more highly-ranked blogs, in the PR-6 plus range. Getting published on such blogs will astronomically increase your own traffic and page ranking, so once you feel comfortable enough with your writing skills and niche expertise, it definitely pays to go for the big dogs. Here are a few tips for snagging a guest post spot on higher-quality blogs.
Continued at: http://www.blogherald.com/2011/04/18...uest-bloggers/

Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

I've been doing guest blogging for months now but I am kinda picky as to where do I want to submit my article. I do a quick site check before I send an email to the admin or editor. This will ensure that I submit my quality articles to quality sites.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
One of the problems that I have run into - I just can not find any reliable guest bloggers. People "say" they want to be a guest blogger. They end up never posting anything, or only post 1 article.
I think this problem could be due to the site having low quality traffic/ PR, which the guest blogger finds not worth doing the post.

Another reason could also be the price issue.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:45 PM
v7n Mentor

I've just started allowing guest blogging on my site, I've had two people post 3 quality articles between them, two people showing an interest but not following through.

Last edited by Midwifery Online; 04-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwifery Online View Post
I've just started allowing guest blogging on my site, I've had two people post 3 quality articles between them, two people showing an interest but not following through.
So those writers are not hanging out at the blog to respond to the blog comments? That's a big turn-off if the guest blogger just writes the blog post and never continues to follow his or her topic if other people have questions...etc

Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
v7n Mentor

I know it's kind of dumping a blog post then disappearing.

I don't know what to do really as the blog posts generate good content to go on my homepage, sigh

Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 AM

7 Ways Guest Posting Can Boost Your Reputation

This is a guest blog post on the problogger blog btw. Fix up a cup of coffee before reading. (I just did)

Quote:
Iím an avid blog reader. My Google Reader is packed with hundreds of different blogs, each one covering a subject that I may or may not be directly involved in. Thereís the work and marketing category, the finance blogs, and then the blogs that deal with subjects I really donít know anything about, nor do I have any interaction with in my work or personal life.

Every time I scan over these blogs, Iím reminded of how I came into contact with them in the first place. It wasnít through search, or even social media. It was because the authors of these blogsóones that I would never have found on my ownówent out of their way to pen a guest post for another blog I followed.

Thereís a slight stigma attached to guest posting, at least in the field I work in. When most people see a guest post their immediate reaction turns to working out what the writer is promoting. Sure, itís not entirely commercialómost guest posts have....
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...ur-reputation/

Any thoughts on this blog post?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Banned

After your post gets approved & published, you should share your post to different social networks & social bookmarking sites. This will impress the blogís author as well as bring instant traffic to the post & in turn to your blog.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 PM

As a matter of fact the problem for most of the writers is that the blog owners are putting too much requirements for the content especially when it comes to number of the words. I was interested in guest posting but after I read requirements like 500 words only useful content, and the tips about how they want article to be written and much more at the end my enthusiasm just disappear. Of course not mentioning the fact that it is not guaranteed that your article will be posted or blog owner won't posted as his own. I understand the restrictions about the commercial links but there are missing clear frames of guest blogging

Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

What's the best way to go about searching for blogs that are most likely to accept blogs about a particular subject?...I've been trying to find a place for two 400 word posts that I have that are design related...and the response has been very minimal...any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle07 View Post
What's the best way to go about searching for blogs that are most likely to accept blogs about a particular subject?...I've been trying to find a place for two 400 word posts that I have that are design related...and the response has been very minimal...any help would be appreciated...thanks!
Have you read this thread from the beginning? The answer(s) to you question is in there.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:42 PM
v7n Mentor

I've found recently that users on my Facebook list have been posting links from specific blog posts onto Facebook, obviously these show up in my feed and are related to my niche.

I just then search for the author on Facebook and message them saying I've read there blog, it's fantastic and I would love it if they would blog on my site.

I have had a few say yes like this and just had another fantastic blogger agree to do so, I can't wait to read her blog post as the topics are interesting and she writes really well with a lot of depth.

I wish I could write blog posts to share on other blogs but writing doesn't seem to come naturally to me. Shame really.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:37 AM

How to Get Your Guest Posts Accepted Every Time

Nice little blog post on the problogger blog.

Quote:
Maybe youíve written guest posts, but theyíve been turned down.

Maybe you donít feel brave enough to target a big blog, because youíre afraid of rejection.

You might see names popping up around the blogosphere with guest posts everywhere: I remember Glen Allsopp doing this a year or two back. And you might feel a little bit envious. How come they can get their posts on sites like ProBlogger and Copyblogger?

Well, itís not black magic. Itís not about twisting arms, or offering bribes. Itís not even about name recognitionóI was getting guest posts published when I was a total newbie in the blogosphere.

Itís about writing a great, targeted post that stands a very high chance of acceptance.

And thatís exactly what Iím going to teach you to do here.
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...ed-every-time/

Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Banned

Guest blogging is a great way to gain popularity assuming your post is on the front page of the blog for at least a day and it is a popular blog.

Just another way to advertise your blog and get some RSS subscribers!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 AM

A Quick Guide to Guest Blogging

How is your Friday going? Grab a cup of coffee or tea and check out this blog post.

Quote:
I try not to sound too egotistical when I say this, but over the past 12 months I have certainly been one of the Ďfaces of guest posting,í simply because I have had a lot of public success with the tactic. Iíve been interviewed about marketing using guest posts over 10 times, Iím mentioned on the homepage of a guest posting community and Iíve written far more of them than I care to remember.

Because of this, I feel Iím probably one of the best people to cover this subject with a long in-depth article. If youíre wondering what guest posting is or why you should even care about it then youíve been missing out. Youíve seriously been unaware about one of the best marketing tactics available today. Thankfully, if youíre reading this article then you may have time to utilise this strategy before it is too late
Continued at: http://www.viperchill.com/guest-blogging/

Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 AM

I would like to write an article for your site/blog In free of cost.We will write articles on various topics.
[REMOVED]

Last edited by snakeair; 06-24-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriishna View Post
I would like to write an article for your site/blog In free of cost.We will write articles on various topics.
[REMOVED]
If you want to offer any type of writing service then create a thread in our webmaster marketplace in the correct section. If you have any advice on the benifits of guest blogging then post your thoughts in this thread.

Feel free to go back a few pages and read what members have mentioned already on "Guest Blogging"

Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Administrator

6 Steps To Increase Guest Posting Volume On Your Blog

Quote:
Now you may already be using guest posts on your blog, but here are 6 tips to increase guest posting volume on your blog.
6 Steps To Increase Guest Posting Volume On Your Blog

Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autounleash View Post
Hi Krishna, if you have interest in writing for automotive industry, we invite you to submityour blogs with original content and we will submit them to our site. Looking forward to hear from your side
This thread is about GUEST BLOGGING tips and not a place to recruit guest bloggers.

Do you have any guest blogging tips? Have you read any of the previous replies in this thread yet?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread