Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

thanks HTM for sharing a great information about guest blogging,i'm just about to start doing this,i can see this is another strategy i can consider in link building.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Contributing Member

Its really helpful post for me. I always consider registered people entrance in blogging because of less spam and i think for guest blog you have to be careful

Old 07-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

It is hard to find the right guest bloggers, but I think you also have to set the right expectations up front. If you're looking for guest bloggers to write your content for you, then why would YOU even have a blog. My feeling is that your blog, especially from a business owner should show the reader that they know their own business and the community surrounding that business. If you are the part of the business that is responsible for the blogging, shouldn't you be able to to introduce content, opinions etc.?

I'm all about guest bloggers, but not to do the work for me but to add value and to compliment what I already have...or maybe I'm just thinking about this all wrong.

Cheers!

Old 07-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How to Be a Good Guest Post Host

This is a good guest blog post on the problogger blot to check out.

Quote:
You often see articles about how to be a good guest poster: things you can do to make an impression and get your post published. But what about the flip-side of that? Do you have what it takes to be a good guest post host?

Guest posting is beneficial both to the writer and the publisher. It builds relationships, strengthens support, and generates publicity for the host while giving exposure to the writer. Here are eight things you can do to be a better guest post host.

Have an FAQ

FAQs are good ways to keep yourself from answering the same questions over again. For guest posting, have a FAQ that covers the questions you are asked, such as...
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...est-post-host/

Old 07-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Administrator

5 Fast, Easy Ways To Make Sure Your Guest Post Is Rejected

Quote:
...just because you write a guest post doesn't mean it will be accepted. It is a common misconception that because they are free bloggers will use any post that comes their way. But most will wish to maintain a certain level of professionalism, and so that won't be the case. If you commit one of these offenses you will be more likely to see your post rejected, or your request to write ignored....

Read more: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...-rejected.html
This post on Search Engine People is written by Ann Smarty. She does a lot of guest blogging/writing and runs My Blog Guest - the forum meant to connect guest bloggers to blog owner for plenty of mutual benefits.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Getting The Most Out of Your Guest Blogging Efforts

Nice blog post on the SEO.com blog

Quote:
In my opinion, guest blogging is one of the best ways to build relevant backlinks to your web pages. Not only does this method of link building help build out and diversify a website’s backlink portfolio, but when done correctly, it can also bring targeted visitors to your site. If you are anything like me, you have probably thought that there are only so many blogs out there that write about a particular topic. How do I take my guest blogging to the next level? How do I find even more opportunities to spread my content and links across more root domains? In this post I’d like to cover a few ways to generate ideas for guest blog posts, how to find blogs to post your content on, and how to do effective blogger outreach, to give you the best possible chance of getting your content published. Let’s get started....
Continued at: http://www.seo.com/blog/guest-blogging-efforts/

Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Contributing Member

Guest blogging seems to be a great way to increase the popularity of the website and even create a platform where number of authors share useful articles. Nowadays I see many of website adopting this technique to increase the post rate of the article.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Nice blog post on the SEO.com blog

Continued at: http://www.seo.com/blog/guest-blogging-efforts/
@snakeair - Thanks for always posting useful links and information throughout the forum. We're working on out new blogging strategy. So your guest blogging resources have come at just the right time.

Cheers!

Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

I have been doing a lot of guest blogging lately. What I like about it is that I can tap into the traffic that some of the bigger blogs out there are getting.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:46 PM

15 Smart Ways to Find Guest Posting Opportunities

Do you want to do some guest blog posting? Have no clue where to start or did not read any replies in this thread yet?

Take a look at this blog post for some information.

Quote:
Guest blogging is a great way to build relevant links to your website from authoritative websites within your niche. Bloggers are always in need of content, and many will jump on an opportunity to add great content to their blog that their readers will enjoy. The most difficult part of using guest blogging as a link development strategy is the very first step - identifying guest post opportunities. From the head-smackingly simple to some lesser-known gems, below is a breakdown of the best strategies to find these opportunities.

BASICS

Leverage Your Personal Connections

This is a natural starting point. Most people have industry connections or just friends with blogs. Shoot them an e-mail, a text message, an IM, a tweet, an owl, or whatever it takes. Be courteous - the last thing you want to do is burn a bridge with an overly aggressive approach. By the same token, don't be afraid to...
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/15-smart-w...-opportunities

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM

Blog Writing Tips – Where to Find Great Guest Posters

Another good blog post to read while drinking coffee.

Quote:
One of the best ways to keep a fresh angle in blogging is the guest blogger. They can provide good content, take some of the work load off the primary blogger and can bring new perspectives and ideas that the parent blogger can follow up on in later posts as he or she sees fit. Guest blogging also promotes inter-community relations, resulting in shared links and audiences, and can bring together previously unrelated audiences who find they share interests. It may not be for everyone, but those who embrace guest posting have a lot going for them..
Continued at: http://www.sitepronews.com/2011/09/0...guest-posters/

Old 09-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

This thread has lots of links to plenty of food for thought. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:32 AM

Is there a source for BLOGS who like/want GUEST BLOGGERS?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allseasons View Post
Is there a source for BLOGS who like/want GUEST BLOGGERS?
I think this was mentioned in this thread already but not sure.

http://myblogguest.com/

Check out the interview done with the owner: http://weblogs.about.com/od/marketin...gguest-Com.htm

Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

I have found the My Blog Guest Forum http://myblogguest.com a very effective place to find good blogs to post on and to find 100% original content.

Another quick way to find blogs is search <your keyword> "Guest Post" or "Guest Blogger"

Guest blogging builds a diversified link profile and as I built it up I am getting on PR 6 to 8 blogs and notice some of the posts I have done gradually getting PR on the post page. Some high traffic blogs do send traffic. I do this also for some SEO clients and one currently has over 2 million viewers a month for all the blogs they are on added together.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM

5 Ways Guest Blog Posts Can Help Your SEO

Myblogguest.com is a good site.

If you are running into a brain fart and have no ideas for new blog posts for the week or month, consider opening up your blog to guest blog posting for a little bit. This blog post talks about this. It will help with the SEO.

Quote:
If you find yourself struggling to produce enough content to keep your blog relevant and fresh, consider opening your blog up to guest authors and guest blog posts. Not only will guest authors help keep your blog alive, it also provides long-term SEO benefits.

Here are 5 ways guest blog posts can help your SEO:
Continued at: http://dailyseotip.com/5-ways-guest-...your-seo/1882/

Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Contributing Member

I tried guest blogging a month ago, but you see my one article was haven't approved yet while the other one was rejected for the reason that my articles content didn't fit to the one they are posting. If you guys wanna try it i'll give you the site i'm talking. Included here was the steps you need to do to send your article.

[removed]

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 09-27-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:15 PM

3-Step System for Finding Guest Post Opportunities

Very nice guest blog post on the problogger blog.

Quote:
Tired of haphazardly, randomly struggling to find guest blogging opportunities? Or finding yourself stressed to the max because you’re unable to locate your next guest-post goal for the month?

You’re not alone. Most bloggers don’t know where or how to search properly, and if they’re trying to search at all, generally end up with dead-end leads.

Developing a systematic method that you can implement to ensure a never-ending supply of opportunities is your best option. The three techniques I’ve listed below will help eliminate your random searches, cut down on wasted time, and leave you with a renewable contact list for finding the right guest blogging opportunity every time.
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...opportunities/

Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Why Aren’t You Using Twitter To Build Links?

I'm cross posting this within the forums because it has some ideas on rounding up Guest Blogging gigs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Some ideas on how to link build using Twitter here:
Read: Why Aren’t You Using Twitter To Build Links? | SEER Interactive
http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post1777388

Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Why Submit Your Best Posts as Guest Posts?

This is a good read.

Quote:
If you have been in the blogging game for any number of months, you already know about the power of guest blogging in generating traffic and exposure to your blog. Yet there are new bloggers out there who hear about the power of guest posting, but still do not understand why it is so effective.

As one reader commented on my recent piece on guest posting, “You people are always advocating guest posting. But I am not convinced about guest posting. Can you help me in this case? Why should we submit our best work to someone else?”

It is a valid question and as there are always new people entering the world of blogging, one that is worth answering for the blogging community at large.

Accordingly, here are three reasons why you should submit some of your best posts as guest posts.
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...s-guest-posts/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread