Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 AM
+ Ego

There's so much great content in this thread it's ridiculous. Basic, Snake, you guys are amazing, thank you for all the info you've shared. Having said that, I still have not made my mind up about guest blogging, and here's why (maybe someone can help shed light on my issue with it)

While I did make my first guest blog yesterday on Snakeair's blog, I didn't really think of it as a guest blog, I did it because the article I was writing, I mean, the article I had wanted to write, well it felt more suited for his blog than mine, plus it was in third person and would have just been really weird if I had posted it myself, weirder than most of the weird content on there anyway.

Having said that, I would do it again, this time though I'd write something tailored to his blog for example, just to see my creative articles published on other peoples sites, maybe I just love blogging to that degree, maybe I like to stroke my ego, I don't know.

I just don't think I could guest blog for just anyone though, maybe there's a name for that. Even if it was a popular blog, I don't think I could blog for it you know? Not if I didn't personally know the blog owner and have a friendly entirely platonic relationship with them.

I guess I also see guest blogging as selling yourself short, while I do understand the need to appear knowledgeable in your field and by guest blogging on other niche specific blog you're building that 'authoritative' bar or whatever, it still feels desperate no matter how I look at it. Maybe that's why I feel that blogging for friends is perfectly acceptable, as opposed to just any blog that will accept guest blogs.

Am I making any sense at all?

You're probably not.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

I might asked this question twice here already, you may neglect it if it is already...Do you have list of blogging sites that accepts guest blogging?

Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhighlnkr View Post
I might asked this question twice here already, you may neglect it if it is already...Do you have list of blogging sites that accepts guest blogging?
I have not used this site in awhile but this one is the best one to join. http://myblogguest.com/

Ann Smarty is behind this business. I don't have a list of blogging sites other then what i mentioned but a lot of high traffic blogs do accept guest blogging articles.

Here is an example of a high traffic site that i know my writing style won't get an approved blog post on. http://www.famousbloggers.net/ Look at the top, they have a link to a page which rules/instructions for submitting guest blog posts.

Problogger.net even excepts guest blog posts. Just look on blogs for a link to a guest blog page or contact blog owners in your niche and ask them if they would except a quality guest blog post. You never know but you could work something out with that blog owner about making a guest blog post.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
There are quite some instructions available for those who are looking to write a guest post, for example, the post must be unique, the content should be of good quality, the wannabe guest authors should get in touch with ideas, and get his/her outline approved before jotting down the article, the guest posts must have more than 500, 600 or even 700 words, and once the post gets published, the guest authors must follow up by responding to the comments, and so on.
Ann Smarty (My Blog Guest) posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago: Being Gracious to Your Guest Authors – Things that You Should NOT Do When Accepting Guest Posts

Old 11-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

I'm new to the guest blogging world this thread really helps me a lot. What I have learned from this is be patience in guest blogging. Guest blogging is really something because you will gain some good friends with the blogger or owner of the blog itself.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Administrator

The Guest Article Quality Check: Visualized

Quote:
I have always been looking for more and more ways to explain to our guest authors how to create a really great guest post which will receive a lot of placement offers to choose from.

One of my recent attempts was a “Articles Gallery Checklist” that requires a guest author to check all the items before publishing a guest post to the Articles Gallery.

Here’s the copy of the checklist:
The Guest Article Quality Check: Visualized - Ann Smarty, My Blog Guest

Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Guest Blogging Master: A New eBook on Guest Blogging

Check this out.

It's not free but it's cheap.

Quote:
Do you guest blog or plan to? Then you are likely to be in constant search for new tips and ideas to learn from and get inspired.

Guest Blogging Master is a new eBook that outlines the whole process clearly and walks you through all the steps.

The eBook provides clear guidelines on how to search for guest blogging opportunities (providing some cool search tips as well as offering you to join MyBlogGuest), how to evaluate perspective guest post targets and how to...
Continued at: http://dailyseotip.com/guest-bloggin...blogging/2021/

Old 12-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Creating A Funnel with Your Guest Posts

Got a blog post for you to read and also a good resource link.

Quote:
If you’ve been blogging for longer than a week, you know about the awesome, awesome power of guest blogging.

In fact, it’s usefulness is why I am participating in it right now!

I get to have my writing and ideas featured to another whole audience who may not be familiar with my blog, and I get to meet new people and create more connections with this extended audience, not to mention the fact that guest posting builds the reputation of my own blogs and sends over tons of traffic.

The thing is, guest blogging – with all of it’s obvious benefits, can actually be made far more effective by using a very simple trick that very few bloggers implement.
Continued at: http://www.dailyblogtips.com/creatin...r-guest-posts/

Your thoughts on this blog post?

If you are looking to do some guest blog post then check out this new list to look at blogs to write guest blog posts on. (Started about a month ago)

http://egotaco.com/guest-blog-list/index.html

Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 AM

Guest blogging gave me some of the best backlinks back to my website. Also most of these are rather selective so you can't just post crap like spun articles on them.

Hope this helps

Old 12-29-2011, 05:04 PM

A Quick and Dirty Guide to Your First Guest Post

Check out this dirty guide.

Quote:
You can’t really turn anywhere these days and not hear somebody telling you that in order to grow your blog, you need to guest post.

I know you’ve heard that before, but have you actually done it?

Or are you looking for somebody to tell you how to actually go about creating a guest post content strategy, finding the right blogs to guest post for, approaching that blogger and actually writing that post? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.

Develop your guest writing strategy

Your first step is to....
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...st-guest-post/

Old 01-19-2012, 05:46 PM

Five Common Guest Posting Mistakes & How to Avoid Them

Very good bog post.

Quote:
Guest posting is becoming a very popular link building tactic. So much so that I think using an opening sentence along the lines of “guest posting is becoming a very popular link building tactic” is becoming pretty popular in SEO and link building articles. You see a lot of these types of articles talking about how to effectively place guest posts and how best to scale the process, which is great. We’ve placed a lot of guest posts, and through that process we’ve made several mistakes and stumbled into a variety of “worst practices” we now avoid. In this post I wanted to share some of the things we’ve done wrong in the past and some common missteps I see folks new to guest posting make.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/f...id-them/38959/

Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Administrator

How to Keep Guest Contributors From Ruining Your Blog

Some information on setting up the criteria for accepting Guest posts:

Quote:
That all makes it sound like guest blogging is the bees knees...and it is, when done right. But without a guest blogging procedure in place, it's possible that soliciting and accepting guest blog contributions could take more time than just blogging yourself. Just as bad, you could find yourself with content that isn't on par with what you normally publish, forcing you to reject content you asked for in the first place. Now you have an awkward conversation on your to-do list, and you could possibly even jeopardize an important relationship. But if you follow these steps the next time you solicit or receive offers for guest blog posts, you'll save plenty of time and hurt feelings, and still end up with the high quality content your blog deserves.
How to Keep Guest Contributors From Ruining Your Blog

Old 01-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Administrator

How to Give Feedback to Guest Bloggers the Right Way

Came across this article written by someone that does guest blogging:
Quote:
As someone who has been a guest blogger on approximately 80 different blogs, I feel as though I’ve seen it all when it comes to feedback. I have been asked to create an outline, articles have been sent back to me full of red and purple markings, articles have been completely ignored, and some of my articles have received nothing but a “no thank you” (no name, not greeting, just those three little words). As a writer, I have personal preferences as to how I think feedback should be handled. However, I also work on the flip side—I run a blog that accepts guests posts and I am constantly in a position to give feedback. Oddly enough, the way I give feedback to guest bloggers as an editor and the way I want to get feedback as a writer are completely different.
How to Give Feedback to Guest Bloggers the Right Way

Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Contributing Member

Now a days Guest Blogging and Guest Posting become one of the primary source to get backlinks from any website or blog because its now only provide content to other website about your product or service but also brings you back backlinks which will helps keyword to get better ranking

Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 PM

6 Powerful Guest Post Tactics that No One’s Talking About

Another good blog post on the Problogger Blog. This was also a guest blog post on the Problogger blog.

Quote:
Guest posting is a hot topic amongst startup bloggers. It is one of the most widely-adopted blog promotion strategies in existence, and has been made perhaps even more popular by the success of “serial” guest posters such as Danny Iny of Firepole Marketing.

His “blitzkrieg” strategy may come across to some as a triumph of quantity over strategy, but nothing could be further from the truth. He understands the key concepts that we will be exploring in this post, and executes them in a highly effective manner. Whilst I am by no means as prolific as Danny, I have done my fair share of guest posting (those ten posts only being selection).

Image courtesy guigo.eu, licensed under Creative Commons

If you care to read any of the numerous guest posting guides available across the blogosphere, you will typically read about advice relating to the same two topics:
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...talking-about/

Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

Allowing guest blogging has helped my blog. [ Social Spat ] There is a spam filter also. Since there is content being added and fairly regular posts, I think Google gives it more authority than most of my other sites. Paid hosting as well. Then again my blogger site gets little attention and higher PR. Google product.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Power Guest Posting for SEO

Found another good blog post to share in this thread.

Quote:
Providing great content to authoritative people who are searching for it is a great way to build relationships with important people. Many influencers have busy schedules and rely on finding great sources of content to help them keep content flowing on their blog or website. Offering them a great guest post could be just the thing they are looking for at a time when they are in a big crunch.

Link building has changed. Promotional plans that use only old fashioned link building are flawed in today's SEO environment. A website may build a great link profile, but an optimal website is frequently mentioned in social media and searched for by its brand name.

Publishing your articles on the blogs/websites of a major influencer is a great way to strengthen your brand, which can lead to those kinds of signals being generated
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...osting-for-SEO

Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 PM

The Secrets to Creating Endless Guest Blogging Topics

Don't tell anyone about this secret.

Quote:
Most people familiar with guest blogging understand its importance as a tactic within a holistic link-building strategy for SEO. Yet few do as much guest blogging as they’d like. There are many reasons for this, but none more important than the fact that “content is king,” and most link seekers know less about what “quality content” actually looks like than they realize.

This is understandable. For one thing, if you are a typical link seeker attempting to earn links through guest blogging, you are probably more of an entrepreneur than you are a blogger. You’ve got many talents, but stringing together beautiful prose isn’t one of them. So your natural inclination is to write something resembling an advertorial about your business. The problem? Blogs don’t want to post advertorials because no one wants to read them!

The further we go down the guest blogging rabbit hole, the more...
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/t...-topics/40621/

Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 AM

try signing up to myblogguest forum they have lots of people looking for a post on their site

Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanexo View Post
try signing up to myblogguest forum they have lots of people looking for a post on their site
This was mentioned more then once in this thread already and in the linked blog posts.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread