Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How to Evaluate Guest Blog Post Prospects in Five Easy Steps

Found a good guest blog posting blog post.

Quote:
A few days ago, we were asked by one of our clients whether itís worth his time to write a guest post for a blogger who had recently reached out to him via Twitter. Guest blogging is a great way to engage with new audiences, establish yourself as a thought leader, and hopefully acquire a quality inbound link or two. That said, not all blogs are created equal, and with time being a scarce resource ó especially for small business owners ó itís important to ensure that youíre getting a positive return on your investment. To make the decision process a bit easier, I wanted to highlight some of the things to look for in a blog when evaluating whether itís a high-value prospect for a guest post.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/h...y-steps/41026/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:45 PM

Power Guest Posting for SEO

I really liked this blog post.

Quote:
Providing great content to authoritative people who are searching for it is a great way to build relationships with important people. Many influencers have busy schedules and rely on finding great sources of content to help them keep content flowing on their blog or website. Offering them a great guest post could be just the thing they are looking for at a time when they are in a big crunch.

Link building has changed. Promotional plans that use only old fashioned link building are flawed in today's SEO environment. A website may build a great link profile, but an optimal website is frequently mentioned in social media and searched for by its brand name.

Publishing your articles on the blogs/websites of a major influencer is a...
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...osting-for-SEO

I never thought of using dmoz or Bing so that's new to me. (Sorry, i'm loyal to Google search. lol)

Old 03-13-2012, 04:02 PM

Target Guest Post Opportunities Like A Smooth Operator

The fonzzz

Quote:
Guest posting is a powerful link building tactic. If you can write engaging, linkable content than you know the power that a good guest post can have. But you can't just find a website that you like and pointblank ask them if you can guest postÖ you gotta play it smooth..

Guest posting is intimate: You are asking to put your words and ideas on someone else's publication. You can't just ask for the post out right, you have to woo them first. Basically, you can't write emails like this:
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...-operator.html

Any thoughts on this blog post?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM

I doubt that guest blogging will work for the average blogger, The only guest posts I've seen on blogs are from high authority bloggers mostly.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospooge View Post
I doubt that guest blogging will work for the average blogger, The only guest posts I've seen on blogs are from high authority bloggers mostly.
And how to you think they earned that authority?

e.g. Ann Smarty built her authority guest blogging and now runs a site for guest bloggers.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 AM

The Frustrations of a Guest Blogger

Nice blog post.

Quote:
For most of you reading this post, it should be a lesson on how to accept guest posts on your blog. You may know how to write guest posts and might even be a successful guest blogger. But are you good enough on the other side of the table? Are you a gracious host to your guest bloggers or are you making life a living hell for them? Read on to see what frustrates me as a seasoned guest blogger myself.

Guest posting is in vogue, all of a sudden, bloggers and internet marketers are waking up and smelling the coffee. A concept that...
Continued at: http://www.dailyblogtips.com/the-fru...guest-blogger/

Any thoughts on this blog post?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Contributing Member

This one might help you find bloggers that are interseted in guest blogging:

http://webmagz.net/2012/04/8-ways-to-find-guest-bloggers/

Last edited by snakeair; 04-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM

I understood what is guest blogging, but really hard to find a guest writer to my blog. I will try after my blog reach at least 3 PR.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

I do accept guest post but the problem is most of the times i get duplicate contents which makes me frustrated even some times angry. So i'm thinking to stop accepting gust post pretty soon

Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponvendhan View Post
I understood what is guest blogging, but really hard to find a guest writer to my blog. I will try after my blog reach at least 3 PR.
I agree with you that it's hard finding people to submit a guest blog post on ones blog. You have to remember that the visitor will be searching around your blog and reading previous blog posts. If they see spun blog posts or blog posts that are posted on a ton of other blogs or article directories, they may loose interest and not even contact you to submit a blog post.

Of course a high PR or good alexa ranking can tend to convince a visitor to contact you to write a blog post. Don't worry, someday you'll get a lot of people wanting to write blog post on your blog. Don't give up. I still looking everyday for guest blog posts from people. I have my own set of rules i have for people and tend to not approve some that are submitted to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam789 View Post
I do accept guest post but the problem is most of the times i get duplicate contents which makes me frustrated even some times angry. So i'm thinking to stop accepting gust post pretty soon
I got this in the past and still slowly deleting blog posts. Before i approve one, i check to see if it was submitted somewhere else. If it is, i will not approve it. Sucks because i could of had like 100 more blog posts in the past few years but i'm sticking to my new rules i created for my blog late last year.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Administrator

The Guest Article Quality Assurance Ė Flowchart

MyBlogGuest (owned by Ann Smarty, professional guest blogger) has posted a flow chart for those who accept guest blogger submissions today. Those of you who submit guest posts should look at this too.

The Guest Article Quality Assurance Ė Flowchart

Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 AM

3 Guest Blogging Mistakes Your Canít Afford to Make

Another good blog post to check out.

Quote:
While guest blogging is a free and highly effective way to increase visitors and subscribers on your own blog, it can be disastrous if done incorrectly, drawing negative attention to you and your work and having the opposite of the intended effect.

If youíre prepared to utilize guest blogging as a method of becoming a better known and more prolific writer, follow these three rules to avoid a faux pas that could set you back instead of ahead.
Continued at: http://dailyseotip.com/3-guest-blogg...-to-make/2398/

Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Looks like you guys may need help finding guest posting site eh?
Here are some to start you off for your link building needs. If you guys need more i have collecting more then 1,000 of these sites, you can check my site should be on the sidebar when you browsing other pages.

famousbloggers.net
comluv.com
kikolani.com
basicblogtips.com
bizchicksblog.com
trafficgenerationcafe.com
technshare.com
dragonblogger.com
weblogbetter.com
alexwhalley.com
newbizblogger.com
live-your-love.com
extremejohn.com
findallanswers.com
blazingminds.co.uk
AboutWeb.eu
ActorsSpotlight.com

Hope this helps.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 AM

Though I don't like somebody else writing a Guest Post on my blog, but I'm open to the idea of contributing an article or two for someone's blog, if the are willing to. Its a fact that, guest blogging will widen a blogger's horizon and expose him to a new group of visitors just waiting to try on a new blogger's work.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

I really want to get into guest blogging. The ink side of it sounds great. But i can see a even bigger benefit that is being part of there community. For me thats even greater then just the links as over time those relationships naturally bring links in all different sorts of ways.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:06 AM

Well not really. I've tried that myself, getting to know web owner but at times you can't really be part of there community, your making it sound like a forum which in this case is not. If the site has reputation and traffic it might be worth doing more then one article for them but in most cases it's not worth the time. One or two articles is enough, giving more is just doing free work for them in the end and what do you get? the same backlinks to your site? A better way to approach it is making the article and moving on, if you want a community thing join other forums or social networks, that's what they're there for.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensawl View Post
Well not really. I've tried that myself, getting to know web owner but at times you can't really be part of there community, your making it sound like a forum which in this case is not. If the site has reputation and traffic it might be worth doing more then one article for them but in most cases it's not worth the time. One or two articles is enough, giving more is just doing free work for them in the end and what do you get? the same backlinks to your site? A better way to approach it is making the article and moving on, if you want a community thing join other forums or social networks, that's what they're there for.
hmmm, why do most SEO blogs and other well known blogs allow guest blog posts with returning bloggers month after month. In fact if you visit famousbloggers.net it's basically all guest bloggers who submit blog posts a couple times a month.

I allow guest blog posts and try to encourage people who contact me to write more blog posts. I write most of the content for the past 2 years but it's good to have returning bloggers to write new blog posts. I dont' want to scare people off with my writing style.

I found another blog post that i'm going to share for everyone. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

5 Tips to Convince Editors to Say “Yes” to Your Guest Posts

Quote:
But smart ideas are only half the battle. The difference between pitching a thought-provoking post and pitching a thought-provoking post that gets accepted is making it easy for your editor to say “yes.” In other words, go beyond providing awesome, unique content and make accepting your post a no-brainer.

As editor of Brazen Life, I see aspiring contributors make the same mistakes again and again—mistakes that make me groan and delete. Here’s what you’ve got to remember: the editor you’re pitching is a person with a job to do, just like you. And the easier you make their job, the more likely they are to publish your post.

Here are five steps you can take that will make it easy for editors to say “yes” to your guest posts.
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...r-guest-posts/

Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 AM

When having multiple sites you own, you will return to make another blog, i don't see the point in making others for free. The writer got his backlinks, he should be moving on to other guest posting sites. The only true reason they would return is they love the traffic coming from those sites so they generate more articles for that one purpose.Other then that no point returning. You need to benefit somewhere.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensawl View Post
Looks like you guys may need help finding guest posting site eh?
Here are some to start you off for your link building needs. If you guys need more i have collecting more then 1,000 of these sites, you can check my site should be on the sidebar when you browsing other pages.
Funny Did u read the thread started by HTML @sensaw. Commenting without not reading the thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
v7n Mentor

@HTMLBasicTutor: Great thread. I'm looking for guest posters... One thing that has always prevented me is I don't know how to create any of the following:
  • An "author's bio" at the bottom of their post.
  • An authors page, for that particular author.
  • An author's login, so they can post whenever they like, upload images, etc.

If the post linked to is Guest Blogging 101, I might need a link to some stuff that is Guest Blogging 001. Super beginner with wordpress backend, spend next to no time in there.

Anyone got that basic info at hand?

Secondly, How do you entice that guest poster. Is that author's bio or page enough? Is there other barter-style enticements that interest guest posters?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread