Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

Blogging as profession

Do you plan to become professional blogger?
What are the important aspect to be considered to become professional blogger?I am trying to earn my living from blogging but unable to cross 50% of my income?
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Time, quality content, time, meaty content, time, style (your own), time, uniqueness, creativity, communicative, and did I mention time?

I've been a corporate blogger for two blogs for the last several years and let me tell you..it's far from easy. The key to being a professional blogger is to not be like the other millions of bloggers out there. What will separate you from the rest? What unique qualities with writing and style do you have to offer?

Content and a target reader market. What is your target category to blog about? Not many businesses are interested in bloggers who are all over the place, meaning those who blog about anything and everything under the sun. What is your interest or passion? Target that and start identifying that with businesses who offer that product, theme, or what not.

Do you have sample pieces to show the quality of your work? Businesses are interested in seeing this and from my experience, what they're looking for is (the obvious) quality content, the grammar, anything unique that you can offer to attract readers (read: traffic) with your posts, and (this is very important) communication. Comments are important to company blogs as they provide feedback, spread the word, and so much more.

I could go on forever, but I'll keep it limited to the above. If you're interested in talking more, feel free to send me a PM with your e-mail address or IM info. I'm happy to discuss.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Just blogging alone will not get you there. Most people (individuals) that make a living online do multiple things..not just blog, or if they do just blog, they have multiple blogs and websites.

Even if you were a respected leader in your industry or field, or built a reputable blog that was seen as a source of information...you still wouldn't make enough to live with just the average adsense and affiliate programs.

Big money blogs are a combination of private advertising, sponsorship, and heavy marketing and promotion. Respected leaders and thinkers in an industry also publish books, and do paid speaking and consulting.

The best paid bloggers are experts in their field or great at marketing both on and offline and have built their reputations over years..many before blogging was even a thing.

A blog is just the tool...it's not the business model.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Yah i want to become a professional blogger but it is too difficult.
i cannot know about blogging complete.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeaou View Post
Yes you can choose blogging as profession . you have to knowledge of google adsense
Some blog owners don't even use adsense on there blog to earn money. There are more then one way to earn money off your blog without having to add adsense. If someone depends on adsense to earn a living off there blogs and suddenly get's banned. They will be flat broke.

If you looking to go full time as a blogger and run it as a business, it's good to have more then 1 way to earn money off your blog. I don't plan to be a professional blogger and go full time with it. Although if sales pickup all of a sudden i would try a little harder and see what happens.

Getting back to the thread creators question.

Quote:
What are the important aspect to be considered to become professional blogger?I am trying to earn my living from blogging but unable to cross 50% of my income?
Do you have anything to suggest to the thread creator other then adsense?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

What I believe is that you can support your business with blog.

And the blog can play a major part in it.

But if you don't know business, then you don't know money.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Banned

yes, You can choose blogging as a profession but firest you have to make yourself up to date

Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardboy1 View Post
Yah i want to become a professional blogger but it is too difficult.
i cannot know about blogging complete.
To be a professional blogger would be the same as being a professional writer. Blogging is just writing and publishing to a website. If people pay you to write articles for a blog, then you are a professional blogger.

To make money from your blog, you need expertise in something or have a great concept for a website that people will visit frequently.

A blog is not a business model anymore than a magazine is a business model...it's just the medium in which you publish your information.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum