Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 PM

Getting Link Trade Tips + Other Traffic Tips

So, I have a new blog, and of course the traffic is low. I understand building a solid amount of search engine traffic will be a long term thing based on link trades, directory listings and such. My biggest thing is I want to make sure the foundation of my blog is built solidly so in a few months I'll have a steady stream of traffic.

What's a good way to build foundation? I've searched out blog directories, many cost money to link. I've searched out relevant blogs for trades, most ignore the emails. Am I missing anything else for long term traffic building? If not, how do I improve the link trades aside paying the directories money.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Have you read these two threads in the SEO forum?
Challenge: Really Helpful Link Building Tips

Learn Something New Every Day –V7N's SEO Tip of the Day

There is also a sticky in our Links section about link building: For Those New to Link Building

Hint: What I just did is called internal linking (linking to other parts of your site). It should be included in your link building strategy.
Quote:
Once you get your website or blog all setup with it’s layout, quality content and the right keywords/phrases implimented in the structure of the site and in it’s content you most likely will start looking at what is needed to create a link building strategy.
Reference: Create a Link Building Strategy

Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 AM

excellent links, tons of reading thank you Just what I was looking for.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:48 PM

I have another question, can anyone supply me with a decent list of blog directories (free or pay) I can submit to? Is there a list already on this forum? Also, is it worth it to submit to the pay ones? I wouldn't think I'd get much traffic from any listing, it's mostly just for search engines, so maybe pay isn't worth it?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Steve,
You can look through our Web Directory Issues and Directory Announcements & Promotions.

http://web-directories.ws/ has their's sorted regionally, by niche and by language.

DMOZ is also a place to submit. It is edited by volunteers so it can take a while so submit and move on. This directory feeds other sites so it is atleast worth a try.

You can also submit to the V7N's directory. The guidelines are here: Submission Guidelines

Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Banned

The key to getting lots of inbound links is to:

Write 1-3 unique articles daily. If you feel writers block coming on, watch a video online and write it out, in a review.

Join Onlywire. It's free and you can use it to auto-social bookmark yourself to over 3 dozen services at once.

Upload YouTube videos and include a link in your video description, and be very descriptive when writing what your videos are about, and include many highly searched keywords in Google.

Ping blog and RSS directories. You can't go wrong, and it is free of charge too.

Show a unique interest and post relevant content in forums. Include a forum signature and strive to be unique and persistent. It'll all pay off.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:06 AM

Thanks you guys are great

A question though, is it worth it to plop down 2-4$ for a listing on some of these directories? I'd probably check alexa and their PR before thinking about it of course.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnayagam View Post
Now i understood,i should concentrate on internal link building strategy also
Internal link building is often overlooked, is a strategy that plays an important role in SEO, it is a great way to increase a page’s anchor text links, which tell search engines what your page is about and help increase that page’s ranking for specific terms.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafsoh View Post
Internal link building is often overlooked, is a strategy that plays an important role in SEO, it is a great way to increase a page’s anchor text links, which tell search engines what your page is about and help increase that page’s ranking for specific terms.
I agree with you guys. But can I add something? correct me if I wrong. Internal Linking is a must but it shouldn't be overused. Since no one wants their website or blog to be a farm of links (Link Farming). When I started blogging, I experimented to have 2-3 internal link on each blog post. And now I turned to a 1 internal link per blog post. I linked every new post to the previous post. It was effective...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum