Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 09-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Banned

Blog creation in blogger and wordpress

Hello Friends,

I am little bit confused that i should create blog in blogger or wordpress. Please give me suggestion so i will create blog .

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 PM

Wordpress...there are so many plugins available that you would not believe,,,
Easy to use and easy to add on...

Do not use a free blog platform if you are serious about developing an internet presence...
Even if it a "fun" thing in the beginning....

Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Contributing Member

If you know blogging then start with wordpress otherwise if you have just started then try to use blogger and then move to wordpress.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Contributing Member

If your are newbie in blogging and want to start a blog for yourself then blogger is the best. But if you want any corporate blog then wordpress is the best. You can start with wordpress.org and can register your own domain also. Blogger is also providing this facility, but wordpress is easy to cusomize and maintain compare to blogger.

But if you want to start for fun then choose blogspot. If you want adsense, then it is easy to approve your account in blogger then wordpress. Thenafter when you want, you can move to wordpress. If you were approved for adsense in blogger so chances for approval in wordpress is more.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Contributing Member

Just make a blog in Blogger. Why? Coz' it's free. If you are a beginner, you must start first in writing on a blog without this thinking that you will have to pay for your bills on your hosting and domain just by having a Wordpress powered blog.

Quote:
Just to make it clear, there's a difference between Wordpress.org and Wordpress.com. Wordpress.org is a downloadable template if you want to have a custom domain and you need it to be host by a hosting site and Wordpress.com is a free blogging platform that you may do your own sub-directory blog c/o Wordpress but it's limited (designs and widgets).
For blogger, you can test some widgets just by searching in Google. That's so simple. One more thing, you can monetize your Blogger without extra cost. That's why I love Blogger. Just to clarify things up, I don't hate hosted blogs, it's just that the OP is a beginner and really needs some basic training about blogging so the perspective platform that I suggest is Blogger.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Banned

Your have one more option if your are new in blogging, this is Wordpress dot com service this has more option than blogspot. try and feel the the difference.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned

I think both are good but if you are new and just want to start blogging then Blogger is very good option easy to use and optimize where as wordpress has large number of plugins bit difficult to use and optimize.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
Do not use a free blog platform if you are serious about developing an internet presence...
Even if it a "fun" thing in the beginning....

Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Banned

If you are looking to create a free blog on wordpress, then don't go for it. Because wordpress is suspending accounts. Your efforts will waste. Try blogger

And if you want a paid wordpress hosting, then it is best

Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 AM

Post Re: Blog creation in blogger and wordpress

According to me go for wordpress blogs..
Quote:
WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS), often used as a blog publishing application, powered by PHP and MySQL. It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. Used by over 12% of the 1,000,000 biggest websites, WordPress is the most popular CMS in use today.

WordPress has a template processor system, which includes widgets that can be rearranged without editing PHP or HTML code, as well as themes that can be installed and switched between. The PHP and HTML code in......
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress

I hope there is no confussion now!
__________________________________________________ __________
[removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 10-06-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: add quotes/source removed fake sig

Old 10-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Contributing Member

All depends from the goal that you want to reach with your blog.

But if you just for the beginning want to check out how they work, I cannot see the reason why you could not try them bought?

They both are available for free, so I would advice to make a blog on blogger and wordpress and then decide do you want to put, for example, wordpress on you own domain and maybe manage with it your site! I just did exactly what I am advising you, at the beginning tried them both and later get my own domain and put wordpress on it!

So good luck!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Contributing Member

I would suggest wordpress overall. Instead of making it hard to choose by giving you tons of info on both I will stick to staying with wordpress.

It is easy to use and can be converted into a website. It has numerous plugins and it is by far the most popular, any serious blogger uses it.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescharley View Post
According to me go for wordpress blogs..

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress

I hope there is no confussion now!
__________________________________________________ __________
[removed]
Do you have anything to add to this thread besides copying and pasting content with no linkback?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member

I've used blogger for it's free and there are many themes available that I liked. Also I am a beginner, so it's good for me.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:20 AM

I have used both -- Blogger is so easy and of course, it's been free. I've used it for a class and for a personal blog.

Recently, I set up a Wordpress blog, and had some installation and other technical issues. I do like the themes and widgets, though.

Start with a "play" Blogger blog if you're a beginner and need to gain experience, but I have to agree, when you seriously want to move forward, look into Wordpress.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 AM

Wordpress is more user friendly and customized.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

blogger is user friendly, it's so easy to use but wp is good too because of the plugins etc. on blogger, you can easily monetize from it using google adsense while wp, you need to purchase a domain first before you place an add on it.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

As you are beginner you may work with blogger for the first couple of months and then turn you blog into wordpress.As blogger is more flexible than wordpress then I would like to recommend that.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 PM

When I started blogging years ago, I used both wordpress and blogger. Basically I tried using a lot of free blogs because I was trying to test which is better and which would provide more visitors.

What's good about blogger is that there is a community which you can join so that they can visit your blog everyday especially if you become their friends :-)

Old 10-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Banned

I would like to suggest wordpress which is more easy to handle than blogger.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum