Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsegawa View Post
Good news is that some free hosting services like Blogger are now blocking blogs which spam. The bad side of it is that even good blogs tend to be deleted too. However, if some use the tips you have given, then they will be on the good side

Spammers always use short comments like...
Thats nice
Good work
I have just stumbled on your blog
I am going to tell my friends
You are the best
Thats informative...
Not always. I get some that write whole paragraphs, or in a few examples small novellas. Although usually they either are nowhere near the topic in their reply, and have it littered with links. Plus the names for 80% of them seem to be keyword based.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 12:24 AM

Your keyword should be relevant to that information on which are commenting and sharing the information. Share informative content that could help to approve the link very fast.

Thanks,
with regards

Old 11-26-2010, 12:15 PM

Good point

chris.reed makes an excellent point. Too many people spam with irrelevant comments. I dislike going to a post and looking at foolish banter totally off topic. It has happened where I go to comment and the site was screwy and misrouted my comments, but that is far and few. You can indeed tell when someone is using a program to mass comment. Be original please.....

Old 11-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozy12 View Post
Your keyword should be relevant to that information on which are commenting and sharing the information.
What keyword would that be, the one that you type in for your name? I cant' speak for anyone else, but names that say items like "cheap hockey jerseys" for a name earn a quick "delete!", I'm wager a growing number of blogs do the same thing.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I've had people post different comments on the same blog post using 2 different links for there website link (same IP). Both comments was pure spammy because they was completly offtopic and i could tell it was someone trying to create backlinks for clients. I've banned a lot of IP address's on my blog and some of them provided blog commenting services to clients. Those folks should know to read the actual blog post and make a good comment. As soon as i get one spam comment or a low quality one, i usually ban the IP on the spot. I don't play any games with people. lol

If you want to never worry about your comment getting rejected, read the blog post at hand and give a honest opinion about it or post more valuable information. Who knows, if people like your blog comments they may become a new loyal visitor to your site. It only takes a few minutes to read a blog post (depending on it's length) and type up a quality comment. Don't try to use some automated software to comment on blogs. If you are not willing to spend a lot of time on blog commenting then don't do it.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the nice post. I think that the quality of your comments is the reason of the approval.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

Really great info, I like it. Adding value to the blog post is the priority I suppose. Genuine response to the blog author is much much better than just "thanks, i have subscribed your RSS feed".

Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I've had people post different comments on the same blog post using 2 different links for there website link (same IP). Both comments was pure spammy because they was completly offtopic and i could tell it was someone trying to create backlinks for clients. I've banned a lot of IP address's on my blog and some of them provided blog commenting services to clients. Those folks should know to read the actual blog post and make a good comment. As soon as i get one spam comment or a low quality one, i usually ban the IP on the spot. I don't play any games with people. lol

If you want to never worry about your comment getting rejected, read the blog post at hand and give a honest opinion about it or post more valuable information. Who knows, if people like your blog comments they may become a new loyal visitor to your site. It only takes a few minutes to read a blog post (depending on it's length) and type up a quality comment. Don't try to use some automated software to comment on blogs. If you are not willing to spend a lot of time on blog commenting then don't do it.
Nicely said. I always expects some new useful information in the form of comment . Even I can accept worthy criticism if it contains the necessary logic .

Old 12-05-2010, 06:14 PM

ETA: Um okay, I guess I don't know how to quote reply? I was referring to blocking commenters by IP

How do you do this! I have only been on wp for a few days now and akismet is catching all kinds of crazy stuff. It HAS to be a computerized thing because I've denied them already over 100 times! It's seriously driving me insane.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherS View Post
ETA: Um okay, I guess I don't know how to quote reply? I was referring to blocking commenters by IP

How do you do this! I have only been on wp for a few days now and akismet is catching all kinds of crazy stuff. It HAS to be a computerized thing because I've denied them already over 100 times! It's seriously driving me insane.
The "Quote" button is right under the social tools by the way.

Rather then me confuse you explain how to block/ban the IP address's, i found a blog post that explains things in simple terms.

There is even screenshots in this blog post which makes it easier for you to find the right section to visit in your admin dashboard.

http://thebloggingacademy.com/how-to...by-ip-address/

Old 12-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Something that hasn't been emphasized enough also, I think, is placing the comment and the link on a page where it's in context. I dunno, but I think Google has a way to tell if a link is on a page with similar keywords or whether it's being dropped randomly on a page on a totally unrelated topic, the way spammers do.

Doesn't mean that a reader has to comment only within their own niche, but I'm guessing a personal finance link on a personal finance blog carries more weight than a personal finance link on a celebrity gossip blog, for example, especially if it's surrounded by a bunch of viagara and designer handbag links.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:59 AM

15 DoFollow Blog Commenting Tips That Will Instantly Get Your Comments Approved

In addition to the very good advice given already in this thread, i found a blog post with some dofollow blog commenting tips. All of these are basic and we should all know these but it's good to drill things into your brain so you don't slip up and have a comment not approved or worse.... you banned from posting on that blog.

Quote:
We all know that dofollow blog commenting is a great way of getting backlinks pointing to your website, which in turn ultimately boosts your website’s page rank and indeed improves your keyword ranking. We all also know how difficult it can be to identify high pagerank dofollow blogs for blog commenting. It therefore stands to reason that once identified, you should take all necessary steps to ensure your blog commenting achieves result by your comments being approved.
Continued at: 15 Dofollow blog commenting tips

Old 12-27-2010, 05:48 AM

This topic is very helpfull for me because i want start commenting but i have in doubt that what should i comment and what type of language i use.

thanks for this share.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned

good and unique comments get approve quick if it related blog

Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM

I think the best way of making sure your comments get approved, is not to worry about getting your comment approved and simply join the discussion at hand.

I often view the comments of an article and if someone says something interesting, I will try to find out more about that person by clicking their link.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Accept only blog related comments !

Hi, I personally verify all my comments I get about 40 to 100 comments a day I also delete every comment which is not blog related as it is not valuable for other readers.

Sometimes when I'm in good mood I approve spams but I take out their links and modify their emails ;-) only to show them I also can do something against his spamming and often I add the words !!THIS COMMENT IS SPAM!!!

In fact if you really want to have a backlink on my blog simply write a comment which is related to the blog article and it will be a pleasure to approve it.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesgan View Post
avoid blog spamming at all time, wordpress blog is with akismet and their server check for spam comments.
I think you choose whether to put akismet or not, but in any case, there is an option to manually approve the comments (in my case, 95 percent of them go to thrash and spam). I think most bloggers will not mind if a comment is not written in proper English (unless it looks like a spinned sentence, which it may be). However, spam content is what should go to the thrash/ spam.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

This is a quality content and after reading it i learnt alot from it. Thanks for posting it and i'm sure other newbies will learn from it.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjiths View Post
what would you do if someone after following your suggestions write a comment of hundred words with a link to theor blog only to find the moderated publishing teh commnet and removing the link?
Well, in that case your comment might not be that valuable. If the blogger wants you back commenting, they will not remove the link. Or the blogger is a pain in the neck. Either way, if I wrote a comment I thought was good, and it was modified like that, I'll just not comment there again. But again - spam is just so overwhelming... From the position of a blogger, it's a waste of time for me to delete spam each and every day. And if a good comment is somewhere in that flood of spam, I might unintentionally delete it. Cause I have to also check if it isn't a copy-paste thing - which almost all comments are, even if they say something on the topic.

I had this forum to a website that I didn't develop - I didn't have the time. I just forgot about it. When I opened the admin panel, guess what? Over 2500 profiles just for the link to their site (with fake emails and all) - in an empty forum!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 PM

I think best way to get approved in blog commenting is to write a comment on the article topic and give some impressive though in your comment. Thanks

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum