Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Basic Computer Information
Basic Computer Information is a resource for website owners to learn basic computer skills to manage their websites.

Web Page Mistakes
Web page mistakes, website mistakes and web design problems with solutions!

I'm going to add you all to my RSS feed reader so I can tweet your new posts for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web-page-mistakes.gif
Views:	305
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	13412   Click image for larger version

Name:	basic-computer-information.png
Views:	868
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	13413  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Martha McBride - V7N Blog Challenge Participant

My sadly neglected "new" blog can be found at marthamcbride.com

I would never (at least not in writing!) complain about the good fortune I've experienced as a ghostwriter, freelance commercial writer and editor. Really, I wouldn't.

However, I've found that the busier I am and the more clients I have the less of my own writing gets done. Way back in 2006, I started some blogs and even had a site built (wordsaremylife.com & reasonablegreen.com) somehow believing that I would use them to market my business.

Instead, clients have all come word of mouth and by referral and I've kept pretty busy. (Boo hoo, I know...) Now 2011 is here and I have these embarrassingly outdated sites littering the Internet. My hope is that a "challenge" is just what I need. Some accountability! Some commiseration! Surely that is the key to personal productivity.

See you all January 1!

Old 12-30-2010, 05:49 PM

Here is the first of my postings.
http://jpperez.blogspot.com/

Old 12-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Evie's Blogs

I've got numerous blogs, but I'm choosing to focus on the following:

Stay At Home Child

Your Health Matters

Feed Kids Right

Old 12-30-2010, 06:45 PM

Ok..Here I am..
http://sharpeagle.wordpress.com/

Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM

CritterMinute.com

I haven't been posting to my blog like I should. This challenge should help!
Name:  Facebook Logo.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  21.4 KB

http://www.CritterMinute.com

I write about healthy, safe not toxic dog products and helpful tips for dog owners.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 PM

Design in Site

Design in Site
Hello. My Blog is all about design. Things I see around me (design "in sight"), on the web ("in site") and ideas that just spring up from a lifetime of reading and thinking about design ("insight"). Design is all around us, from the shape of a leaf on the sidewalk to the layout of an elegant webpage. It's good to have a place to babble and not drive away family and friends.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

V7N Blog Challenge Participants

Bob's Blahg
Robert Barrett

I hope I'm doing this right. I love photography and photograph everything every chance I get. I sometimes post my favorites on my blog (Blahg as I call it). I wish I wasn't working so much I'd post alot more. I'm currently studying flash / portrait type photography. Hope you enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blahgbutton.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	13417  

Last edited by BobB49; 12-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM

Angel Stories
Angel Stories is a blog about angels. Angels come in many forms here on earth. It ties directly to my business, Carla's Angels where I design angel pins based on angel stories that people write me about. I hope you enjoy the stories.
Carla Moore

Old 12-31-2010, 09:15 AM

Dapper Snappers Kids Belts

Ramblings of a Common ˘ents Mama

Chelle (pronounced Shell) Cazella

What I envisioned when I started the blog:
A Common Cents Mama provides a common sense approach to everyday problems in a practical, cost-saving, and timely manner. Saving time + Saving money = Saving sanity. I will blog and vlog on everything from cleaning your microwave to a guide of the best products on the market to a do-it-yourself car maintenance guide. No problem is safe!

What I've blogged about:
Recipes
Kids Belts
Occasional Reviews
Coupon codes for Kids Belts
Customer Service (or lack thereof)
Giveaways
more Coupon Codes
SEO
Crazy stuff in my brain
My kiddos

Old 12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

Taking Time to Smell the Roses
Rediscovering simplicity and balance in life – The musings and travels of Jackie E-S
Even after taking early retirement from a day job in corporate America, I still keep busier than ever. I loved what I did as a systems analyst, but I didn’t love being on someone else’s schedule. I would often become frustrated with corporate politics, and I hated driving to and from work in the dreadful traffic.

So now my work is all play … well almost … But we can talk about that another time…. The line between my so-called work and personal time is often blurred, and often leads me to getting over-involved in a single aspect of life while forgetting to take time to do some other fun things for variety. This blog is dedicated to my search, and maybe yours too, in finding balance in life and rediscovering the simple things in life.
Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer/HeartStrings FiberArts

Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM

Growing Up Fast

Cynthia Powell

My intent is for this blog to be about me and all that entails: being a Christian, being a wife, being a mom, being a business owner and whatever else comes along. Thank you for joining me in my journey.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:46 PM

Hi there

Larna Pittiglio
Mad Foodie, Party Plan Advocate and Social Media Enthusiast
Wife and mother/step-mother to 6 kids aged 5 - 20

Personal Blog - this blog is currently being rebuilt and the link may not be working until next week. This is generally where I direct people to get to know a little about me and what I do. I have my finger in a few 'pies' so to speak (excuse the food pun lol) and I sometimes find it challenging to explain to people without confusing them. So I want to set up my personal blog to be a bit like an online business card that directs people to the other things I do. The blog can be anything from life, family, food, or business. Is really just me putting my thoughts and perspective down somewhere... you never know what you are going to get... lol If I can do 2 or 3 posts a week here I will be happy!

Fabulous Foodies started as my blog for my party plan business to help brand us as a team, position us as experts in the 'cooking' department and market ourselves as a team of cooking demonstrators etc. It played this role really well over 2010, so much so that we have almost become an agency for cooking demonstrators with lots of enquiries from chefs, cooks, caterers etc who are not party of my party plan business, so it has generated new team members from the food industry which is great. I will also be marketing some social media training for the food industry through this website in 2011. As a result of all these unexpected developments over 2010, we are rebuilding the website and the blog at the moment so the Fabulous Foodies blog will be more about the 'food business'... and we have created a subdomain for the Recipes and Cooking Tips for the general public, so people can submit recipes or just go there to find a recipe... again this is being built at the moment with recipes to be uploaded over coming weeks. There really should be one post a day overall on fabulous foodies... a couple of business, cooking tips and recipe posts each a week.

I also have a blog that was created as a customer service initiative for people who had purchased our 'hero' product so they could go and view recipes that could be cooked using that particular piece of cookware. You can check out the Saute Pan Recipes blog here, but I have not posted there for a couple of months. I would really be happy to post 2 recipes a week to this blog so will incorporate those into this blogging challenge.

I am also creating a new blog called Mini Foodie to address a new target market I want to focus on in my business in 2011, mums of small children wanting to find ways to encourage their children to eat fresher, healthier food. It is going to be a journal of sorts following my 5 year old son who is definitely a mini foodie as we grow our own vegetables, shop at markets and cook together. We are going to include some video blogging in this one also. As soon as I have this one set up I will share the link here... It will be my goal to have it ready for at least the first post by the end of this challenge. Again one or two posts a week here would be perfect.

Finally we have the Party Plan Portal blog. Party Plan Portal is the gateway to a dynamic community, professional showcase and powerful resource for the party plan industry. This is a new business for me and my business partner (just 6 months old) and I am in the process of restructuring the membership section of the website. I have just finished setting up the blog today and done my first post. This blog should have a daily post but they will not all be written by me.... my business partner will do some and we will also have guest writers.

Hmmm.... after putting this together I realise more than ever why I need this challenge. ARGH!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 AM

Global Marketing Plus, Tips and Tricks for Small Business Success blog

Global Marketing Plus, Tips and Tricks for Small Business Success is a blog I created a few years back to share some of the knowledge and experience I have learned over the past 36 years in business.

My background includes corporate turnarounds and I have accomplished those turnarounds using unique methods and ideas, many I developed myself. I share many of those methods and techniques.

My goal is to help small businesses become successful. That is why I also volunteer for SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) to help businesses succeed.

Ron Coleman

Old 01-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Talking Can't wait to get started!

Blessed Beyond Words
Angie Vinez

A Georgia Mom Blog by a photo taking, blog designing, Christian mama of 5 little monkeys with one more on the way. Offering product reviews and giveaways, pregnancy and parenting tips and advice, and so much more.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
v7n Mentor

By Minus Ten
The Logical Conclusion (Minus)

This is a blog about politics, computer programming and life in London as a student. Will try to keep things relevant to current issues but quite often go into deep explorations of alternative politics such as anarchy, gold standard and strong libertarianism.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:29 PM

My "blog" is at http://www.premiumwebdesign.com/ and is all about web design, web hosting, search engine optimization, keyword research, WordPress, etc.

To see the posts, look in the sidebar on the right side.

I look forward to posting more frequently!

Glennette Goodbread

Premium Web Design and Hosting
http://www.premiumwebdesign.com/

Old 01-01-2011, 11:26 PM

Arbee Designs

Ruth Blanchet
blog: http://www.learntoapplique.com
Who am I? I describe myself as a creative textile artist who loves to share my work and creativeness with all those who are interested. Most of my blogging posts will be to do with my creativeness with information, hints and tips about how you can be creative too. I give an in depth look at the designs I create, words about my online school and I also show others creative works too. If you admire artistic work or want to learn to be creative then you should find my blog posts interesting.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

Garden blog... I have some others, Will list them if the posts go to them...

I've already been inspired to produce 4 blog posts since 12/29/10 as a result of this challenge... and it hasn't even begun...
Thnx Cricket...

Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Blog: http://www.figmentations.com by Helen Hoefele
The topics I most often write about include: critical thinking, personal responsibility, social media, and writing.

Since critical thinking can be involved in evaluating almost every topic possible, I am able to cover a broad range of topics. My goal is to find a way to narrow my focus.

The topic I plan to write about for my 1st 30 Day Blogging Challenge (I'm assuming there will be more challenges in the future ) is "30 Thoughts on Finding Purpose".
Attached Images

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread