Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26 AM

Getting my latest blog posts to display on my seperate website

Hi all,

I have created a blog site in wordpress and would like my 5 latest posts to display on the index page of my main website in a box at the foot of the page.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or can anyone offer advice as to the best way to proceed.

Many thanks

Huff

Old 02-26-2011, 01:10 PM

Found Feedburner, going with that for now until learnt a bit more about the subject

Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 PM
v7n Mentor

Huff, with wordpress, go into your admin area, think about what it is you want to do, then hit your plugin area. From there, add new, and search on the terminology. Many times you'll find allot of plugins that way. Another option, the wordpress forums, and also yoast.com for SEO and the plugins he normally suggests. From there, there another site, I can't presently remember, relating to wordpress security and their minimal plugin suggestions. Lemme see if I can dig up the post on the security side. For wordpress installs, I use the security ones from the site I'm about to look up, and the SEO stuff fro m yoast. The SEO ones from yoast also has a thread here recently, I'll try to find it as well.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:32 PM
v7n Mentor

The security whitepaper is available at http://www.v7n.com/forums/blogging-f...ity-issue.html which requires email registration, but worth it for the plugin list. Comment posted by HTML Tutor.

On the SEO from Yoast at http://www.v7n.com/forums/blog-promo...interview.html

I also post a link to yoast.com in that thread where it tells you exactly how to set up the plugin for wordpress. Thread also contains information on where to get the plugin through your admin area.

Hope this helps

Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 PM

Thats a really helpful post, thank you. If ( as we have discussed on another post) I elect to host my blog internally on my website with a wordpress platform, do I still need to install the security plugins, and is it ok to use a plugin to display recent posts from their to my home page. Sorry these probably seem like dumb questions but I have no experience with this and I want to learn.

Many thanks

Huff

Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 PM
v7n Mentor

As I already mention, the security and SEO are my base default installs I suggest, and use, with any wordpress install. From there, I add additional plugins depending on the website need. All plugins work internally within wordpress, if you, for instance, have a front homepage that's php, or static HTML, you'd have to code the php into the page for posts to display properly.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum