Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 AM

Ready To Start Blogging!

Life Notes
The Art of Photography by Lora Phillippi

I recently read a book by Gary Vaynerchuk called Crush It and in it he said "Your website is for communicating logistics and facilitating sales; your blog is for communicating the essence of your brand."

So, my goal is to give new life to my blog by letting myself come through... in other words my personal brand. My writings, musings and all around perspectives on business, photography and life in general will be available for all who wish to spend a few minutes with my thoughts and images.

Can't wait to see you there!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

I'm in....

I'm going to focus more this time I think (hope). Starting with:

Last time the site with photos of the kids got a lot of attention which was a good thing for the family that is all out of state. I'm going to try to stick to this as my priority list this time though!

Sue Darby

Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
v7n Mentor

How to Make Money Online

As a DIY online kind of person, I’ve grown tired of the ever increasing greed of those running the get rich quick programs. I’ve decided that the world needs a free resource to leverage their online dreams, one devoid of hype and BS where lining website owners’ pockets is the sole intent. Welcome to a website discussing all things related to your how to make money online pursuits. Not only can you find information on things like SEO, marketing, content development, website monetization, and all the little subtopics beneath them, but you’ll also find offerings of my own services for the same things if you’d rather have someone else do that heavy lifting for you. Drop by a community with information tools and services for maximizing your online earning potential.

***Disclaimer***
Blog is still a baby, some of the content isn't there yet, but I'm working on it
Attached Images

Last edited by moneyonlinesorg; 03-05-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 AM

Sounds awesome. Here's my blog:

Ink Elves Travel

I'm going to try and post every day... todays post - Dublin:

"The social scene in Dublin is an essential part of Ireland. From pubs, clubs and theatres, they have it all and in big quantities. People come from all over the world to experience what Dublin has to offer. The same goes for restaurants. It doesn’t matter what tastes you have there is somewhere to meet those needs."

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

Kai-o-9-tales reporting for participation

OK, so this is a little bit of a cheat, but instead of sharing dozens of blog links with people, I thought I'd share my amalgamation feed.
Here's now this one works - Kai-o-9-tales doesn't get original posts very often, instead, it's a site that lists all of the posts I've done, and lets me support people who are interested in everything I do.
BUT - this month I'm posting to at least five of my blogs, so if you're interested in them seperately, I've listed them below, along with a breif overview, but they won't get updated daily, which is why it's a bit of a cheat:

Kaiberie.com - my personal blog, talks a bit about everything and anything.
bi-polarbears.com - mental health and wellness, mostly focussed on bipolar disorder and depression.
Writers-bookshelf - writing, publishing and other 'fun stuff' to do with my career as a soon to be published author.
Literary-forensics - VERY geeky discussion about language - based on my studies on forensic linguistics.
and finally - WPforauthors - Wordpress for authors, where I talk wordpress, and how it relates to authors, though I'm sure it'll work for other people too

There might be other blogs added later to Kai-o-9-tales, but that's how I'm participating for now.
Really looking forard to it too - AND I think I'm adding a couple of posts to the V7N blog if Cricket will have me

Kai

Old 03-06-2011, 12:51 PM

Rotating between two: Busy Bee Virtual Assistance http://blog.busybeevas.com/, my main business. Providing remote secretarial and administrative support to small business.

http://hcgweightloss-fitness.blogspot.com/ Donna's Weight Loss Journey - my thoughts on food, emotions, weight, fitness, and dieting.

These are my money-making blogs, so that's where I want to put my focus.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Angel Stories Blog

http://www.angel-stories.com
I will be starting a series on small country churches for the challenge. I've just come in from a road trip down small country roads in East Texas and got some drive by shots or some cool old churches.

Looking forward to this challenge.

Carla Moore
http://www.carlasangels.com
http://www.angel-stories.com
http://www.facebook.com/carlas.angel.pins

Last edited by carlasangels; 03-06-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forgot to put link to blog....

Old 03-06-2011, 07:55 PM

Question Ok.... Ready to learn how to blog

Hi!

I have a blog that I use to educate visitors/ customers on a variety of spiritual subjects such meditation, spells and I repeatedly caution them against scams relating to those topics. My problem is that I don't understand blogging. I write articles on there and publish them. I don't write regularly because it takes time to write articles. I have never blogged about my life. I don't have anything interesting to write about *lol*. I work full time and I come home and run my internet business. That's pretty much it. I will say that the blog has helped a lot even though I haven't done it correctly.

I don't understand the terminology. What exactly is a trackback or a ping? Do people actually subscribe to hear your philosophies and about your personal life? YIKES!!! In layman's terms... how does a blog work? How do you organize one so it's easy for visitor's to see what is available?

Thanks!

Amy

Old 03-06-2011, 08:16 PM

Post My blog for the next 30 days

I design candybars for a living and I have wanted to branch out so I also personalize photo gifts. For the next 30 days I am going to use my blog for fundraising that I also offer, but do not push as much as I would like too. I have never had a blog before so I am looking forward to the next 30 days.

http://fundraisingthatneverstops.blogspot.com/

Today's Post Monday is about Fundraiser ideas that can run nonstop all run no need to end and reset it up ever! No up front money until place a order for delivery.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 PM

I'll be posting in 2 blogs this time:

Hotcode Blog
My business blog. These posts are announcements from the business, or ideas that will help website owners with their website. This is a fairly new blog (only started mid Feb) and I'll be posting to it 1-2 times a week.

www.amandaanderson.co.nz
My personal blog that covers anything that happens during the day that I want to share with everyone. This is anything from farm animals, working, learning to drive the tractor etc. I'll be mostly posting to this blog.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 AM

My Meandering Mind
Audra Silva
I actually have a couple blogs (will post on one of them each day) and will be revamping this site to be the main hub for all of them - at least that is the plan. Not sure how to get my idea actually implemented lol. Anyway, this blog is a general life blog and writing blog mixed, but it isn't working for me, so I'll be separating the writing out into it's own blog again. I'll also be reclaiming MY voice, not the one I thought I needed to have.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 AM

I'm in. My main blog that I will be posting on is www.giftbusinessowners.com Common sense business and life success tips while you enjoy both life and business.

The second blog which has been sadly neglected is www.finduniquegiftsonline.com

I've just changed the wp theme for the first one and am looking for a better theme to use for the second one. It really needs revamping. Any suggestions are appreciated as we move through this process.

Joyce Reid
Creative Gifts To Go LLC

Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM

V7N Blog Challenge-Im in!!

Im joining the blog challenge! Im brand new to blogging so if anyone has any suggestions they are most welcome.
My blog is blog.achievelastinghealth.com, I havent posted anything yet, but I hope to do my first real blog post today!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Balamoosh- The Bloggers Resource
A site based around blogging tips and resources.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Im up for the challenge

I am joining the 30 day blogging experience!!
Nutrition gal

Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Better late than never!

Sorry I am late to the game, didn't realize there was a new thread! I will be posting on a few blogs:

My name is Karen Clark and I have 6 or 7 blogs but these are the ones I will be using regularly, probably alternating between them when the mood strikes me!

Karen Clark - My Personal Blog

My Business Presence - Online Presence training tips, recommendations, tutorials focusing on social media, blogging and SEO

90 Day Weight Loss Journey - Ups and downs, tips and ideas, struggles and triumphs as I work on getting fit and healthy! (the 90 days has repeated several times by now LOL)

Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Better late then never.

I'm already thinking about following your business blog. Looks good already.

Thanks for entering in this challenge.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
v7n Mentor

Yea! I'm just one day late!

Can I join? <hand waving in the air>

I don't have a glamorous logo for my blog but I need to dust it off, make it more personal, add some seasonal ideas and more tips and tricks.

This will be a great incentive to get going. Do participants get a special coffee cup? I'd really like a cup. Does V7N have a cafe press account? Can you tell I made my coffee with extra chocolate this morning? Yep. Need a cup.

Here is my blog: www.christmas-lights-advice.com

Ho ho ho,

Old 03-10-2011, 05:23 AM

jean@artofthetangle.com
This is a blog related to my little Zentangle business, where I offer classes, supplies and the like. I plan to post artwork, class schedules, whatever I can think of to promote Zentangle and my business.

I started this a few months ago, but am just NOW working on website/blog, and all that.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm really trying to work on adding to blog as much as I can.

http://charmiesonline.blogspot.com

It is about my shop that makes hand stamped jewelry.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread