Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants

V7N Blog Challenge Participants

In order to make it easier to connect and network with everyone involved in the V7N Blog Challenge With A Twist we will be using this thread as a listing of each participant and their blog. Each challenge participant will add their own information as a reply to this thread.
  • Image Or Banner If Desired
  • Name Of Blog (linked)
  • Your Name (optional)
  • Description Or Blurb
-----------------

Example Listing:

Cricket Walker
Although I often write for work, my favorite writing is
always the times I write just for me. It's a release,
especially when something is important to me. Other
times, words just kind of get stuck in my head until
I give in and write them down...

-----------------

To help identify those participating, we do ask that you either add either a linked banner or linked tagline (such as "V7N Blog Challenge") at the end of each post during the challenge to bring readers back to this thread of participants or to the V7N. The choice is yours. This will make it much easier for us to network together socially and also a list of where to go to provide comment love and encouragement for everyone!

This is certainly not required in order to participate. It is simply something we thought would make it more fun and would also be good for everyone! At the end of the challenge I will be doing 3 random drawings (of those listed here) for a free listing in the V7N Directory.

The link to this thread is:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/blogging-forum/238571-official-v7n-blog-challenge-participants.html

The link to V7N is:
http://www.v7n.com/forums/

For those who would like a banner you can download this one here or I can email it to you if needed. If you prefer you can also make your own.

Again, this particular thread is ONLY for listings (no chatter) of those members involved in our 30 Day Blog Challenge.

The location for discussions on your progress during this challenge is here.

The official start date for this blogging challenge (with a twist) will begin Monday, March 7, 2011. However, participants may start early if they wish.

Those who need help understanding how to upload images for your listing (if desired) can find help here.
Attached Thumbnails
Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants-challenge.jpg   Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants-challenge-med.jpg   Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants-challenge-sm.jpg  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The Other Stephen King on Writing
http://theotherstephenkingonwriting.blogspot.com/

A written blog about the writing process. I've looked all over for a guide to help me get started writing but didn't find much with specifics, so this blog is to help others get started just as I have.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Ok, hopefully life won't get in the way this time. I'll be spreading mine over 3 blogs:

Basic Computer Information
Basic Computer Information is a resource for website owners to learn basic computer skills to manage their websites.

Web Page Mistakes
Web page mistakes, website mistakes and web design problems with solutions.

General Business Help
Many want to own their own business. This is great! A long with owning a business there are some responsibilities and tasks you, as the business owner, just have to take care of. Whether you decide you want to do these yourself or hire the task out is up to you. But by reading the articles we provide you will be able to understand what is required of the task, decide if it’s something you really want to tackle yourself and/or make an informed decision to hire out.
Attached Thumbnails
Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants-basic-computer-information.png   Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants-web-page-mistakes.gif  

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I have picked this project that I have been slow to develop WorkFromHomeCEO

This blog is about Working at Home and being you own CEO. The only thing is, you have to do everything. There are no other workers to help it is you. This is a blog about me (Keith Cash) and things that happen as you work at home. I am also going to cover the Work from Home Industry.

Please note: All banners and links on WorkfromHomeCEO can be an affiliate links. (this means, if you purchase it I will get paid a few coins).

There is be no junk, just legit business opportunities or products you need for your Work at Home business.

Keith Cash

Find me : Facebook/KeithCash Twitter/KeithCash
Digital Marketing - Sell Textbooks for Cash

Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

Wild Rose: Personal Blog

I can't say my blog is excited like the others who have posted before me but at the moment I am using mine as a journal of sorts to document a very challenging time in my life as I try to look at the bright side of everything even when things look grim. Being a single mom with 3 girls going through a divorce life can get quite entertaining as I try to juggle my personal life and my own business all at once. =)

Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Contributing Member

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

Taking Time to Smell the Roses
Rediscovering simplicity and balance in life – Musings and life through the eyes of Jackie E-S
Blog: jackie-es.com

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

stonethegardener Garden Blog
I discuss zone 8 gardening in Georgia. My focus tends to be on native plants, grown with the bare minimum of fuss and bother... I like plant it and forget it... coupled with the collector's garden philosophy.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Post Elaine's blogs

I'll be rotating among 3 blogs for the challenge:

The Girl in the Red Sweater
This is a personal blog where I can talk about what’s going on in my life. It often includes WordPress tips, mentions of scooters, and links to any of my favorite subjects like graphic design portfolios or funny videos.

Planning Websites
Planning Websites is a guide for people who want a website but aren’t sure where to start. It’s a fairly new blog that includes articles like setting goals for your website, choosing a web designer, and setting a realistic website budget.

Banner I.Q.
Banner I.Q. is a guide to vinyl banners. It talks about everything from designing banners to finding a banner company. I’d like to turn it into more of a question-and-answer blog, so if you have a question about printed banners, I’d love for you to stop by http://www.banneriq.com/banner-basics/banner-questions/ and ask!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Coding Tiger
Latest Blog:
None

CodeRevision

This blog is quite new but in time, it will make this way through this internet blogging business (hopefully)

It's about the internet, coding, free resources, etc...

I'll try to post more articles these days

Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

okies, here is my submission.

iPhone Fun.
I thought it would be a good idea to have a page about iPhone apps and such. The iPhone and iPad have made a huge impact in our lives and think that this page would document some of the interesting applications available.

I have linked it and added a banner to it

Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 AM

Joining the Blog Challenge

Sweet Baby Cakes n More's Blog

Melissa - Owner of www.sweetbabycakesnmore.com

Our blog currently focuses on my diaper cake business and promotions. But I am wanting to expand on the idea of having mom's write entries on pregnancy and baby showet topics, which would give the site more of a personal feel.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 AM

Joining the Blog Challenge

Mark Key owner of http://keyseller.blogspot.com/
this blog is about:This Blog is about Home sellers/buyers in the WNY/Buffalo New York Area getting answers to their real estate questions under no obligation of any kind. No high-pressure, just plain, honest talk about what it’s going to take to achieve their personal selling and buying goals.
I've just started this blog about a mouth ago and I'm excited about what I'm going to write about everyday but still wonder if people are finding this interesting or is to boring to them.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Giving this a try, I need something to keep me blogging!

Rae Writes
My blog is (mostly) about the experiences and thoughts of an aspiring author on fiction writing. And books that I've read and want to share. And pretty much anything else that happens to pop into my head. Which leads to some rather strange things on occasion...

Old 03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
v7n Mentor

I was on the verge of signing up for the previous blog challenge, but being in the middle of a move I passed the occasion up. This time however I'm eager to give it the shot it deserves, though finding interesting, valuable topics to write about might be a tough nut for me to crack.

I'll be writing primarily on my own personal blog, which I still haven't managed to categorize properly. If anything, it's (about to become) a collection of notes, reflections and code mixed with some political ramblings.

Link: Fredrik Karlström's Blog (Most creative title in the world, I know).

Also, I'm terribly interested in contributing with a few articles to the V7N tech- and/or SEO-blogs. (Cricket: If there's anything special I need to know about this, please send me a PM or something!)

Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
So many things?

I'm going to try this. I did ok with the blogging challenge the first time around, a little less well with the learn something new challenge. I'm hoping I can manage to keep this up. I'm always looking for ways to increase traffic to my blog, and therefore to my website, and therefore my sales.

My blog - Weaving a Gem of A Life - is mostly about weaving, although there are plenty of musings about life in general, too. And sometimes just an interesting picture or two.

Last edited by Margaret Cherre; 03-02-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Add banner

Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Never did this before so be gentle

Collect This

I'll try and give my perspective on collectibles, collecting, advice on this hobby

Linda

Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM

This looks like another great learning opportunity.

TruWeb-Virtual-Assistants.Com
The blog is my chance to share ideas about the internet with my friends (that be you all) and customers
Teddy Wolcott

Last edited by smartbird; 03-03-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Jen Goode blogs...

Hi, I am going to try to focus this challenge between 2 sites, but may end up spreading it a bit more thin depending on time. I write for a few sites as well as own a handful more myself. However, I would like to get in the habit of writing for these two sites as a priority because they are my main business focus.

JGoode.com
My business website focusing on sharing creativity, art I've created, crafts I've made, etc.

ProjectsforPreschoolers.com
Sharing crafts, activities, games and other fun specifically for preschool aged children.

Thank you for including me!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Michele on the Road
A place to connect with friends and family while traveling. My next trip? Honduras.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:32 AM

Ready To Start Blogging!

Lora Phillippi

I'm a professional photographer in Portland Oregon and I've been working on giving my blog an overhaul. I was reading a book by Gary Vaynerchuk and he said "Your website is for communicating logistics and facilitating sales; your blog is for communicating the essence of your brand". So that is what my blog is about now... communicating who I am so that I can make a personal connection to my clients and provide a place to share my ideas on any number of business (and some personal) perspectives.
Attached Thumbnails
Official V7N Blog Challenge Participants-dragonfly-header_life-notes.jpg  

Last edited by shadowlightgirl; 03-05-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Insert banner

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread