Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Day 17 post (early cause I am staying up late to finish a project and I anticipate a brain fart tomorrow):

SEO is not enough

"With Google’s recent Farmer update, it’s become especially clear that SEO is an ever-changing avenue. Search engine results fluctuate, competitors change their tactics, and in the end there are no guarantees.

But why would we expect guarantees from the internet?"

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

Phone scams are getting more and more prevalent!
http://www.sandists.com/WordPress/2011/03/phone-scam/

Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 PM

Can't remember if I posted here for yesterday or not, so here's the links to yesterday and today for me.

How to write your dragon
I shamelessly took and altered this post title from a popular film that I happen to love. How to Train your Dragon is a brilliant movie (even if it is very, very different from the book it’s based on), and I’ve seen it more times than I can count. One of the things that keeps me coming back is the main character, who is so endearing it’s near impossible not to love him. The other thing that keeps me coming back is the dragons.

That's too easy
I love it when something is a challenge. When something is easy, or comes naturally without any effort, I find it hard to get the motivation to do it well. I’ll summon up enough energy to get whatever it is done, but won’t be too concerned with the outcome.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Contributing Member

March 23

Today's post is Spring or Winter?

Some beauty, some wildlife, and a hornet sting.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:33 PM

VAs Can Handle the Mail

Actually one of my most highly requested services. Oddly enough.

http://blog.busybeevas.com/2011/03/w...ling-mail.html

Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 PM

Creating Client Relationships

This is soooo important!

The Joy of Creating Client Relationships
http://lifeprintsportrait.wordpress....rtrait-design/

Quote:
There is a quote I used a lot when I was teaching customer service classes. Iím not sure who originally said it, but it always seemed very relevant to me both professionally and personally.

ďIn ten years from now, they wonít remember what you said or did. But they will remember how you made them feel.Ē

Isnít that really what developing a relationship with our clients is about?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

A wonderful artist and organizer from the Etsyblogger team http://www.sandists.com/WordPress/20...tured-blogger/

Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Posting from yesterday since DNS locked me out and I had to wait for propagation to catch up.

Quote:
Yes, today itís time to attempt myth dispelling once more. I thought Iíd talk a bit about one of the get rich quick gurus Alen Sultanic. Is it just me, or is this guyís last name so close to satanic that itís scary? If youíre an Alen Sultanic zealot, please be sure to read the information between here and the comment box before posting else you risk the chance of looking really stupid. If youíre not an Alen Sultanic zealot, and you want more information about why these get rich quick gurus arenít there to help us, continue reading, Iíve got plenty to line out to show you just why their claims of helping us are absurd. Well, at least theyíre absurd when you know whatís going on behind the hype.
http://www.howtomakemoneyonlines.org...quick-schemer/

Old 03-24-2011, 09:27 AM
v7n Mentor

Day 18: Favor request - please come see my new Banner Maker!

Banner Maker beta test - design a banner online

"Banner Maker — above — lets you design a banner online quickly and easily, even if you don’t have any experience. You can choose your banner size, type, and color, then add your own text, upload logos and images, or choose clipart from our free banner clipart library."

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you can provide! Banner Maker is going live next month for my new business, and I want to make sure it's as easy to use as possible. <3

Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScooter View Post
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you can provide! Banner Maker is going live next month for my new business, and I want to make sure it's as easy to use as possible. <3
Well, it happened again, on yet another site. I filled out all the boxes, including my website, left a lengthy comment, and it just disappeared. Check your junk mail - I'm probably there.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
No Longer Active

I forgot to share my blog post this morning!

Word Of Mouth Adverting On Steroids
http://blog.v7n.com/2011/03/24/word-of-mouth-adverting/

Quote:
When it works the way it is supposed to, social networking is really just word of mouth advertising on steroids. (Thanks for that analogy Muddy!)

Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

Do you worry?

Todayís Chinese fortune cookie read: ďA day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work.Ē
http://jackie-es.com/musings/do-you-worry.php

Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM

Living Without Fear

I love this one!

Living Without Fear
http://lifeprintsportrait.com/blog/l...rtrait-design/

Quote:
We all have things that we fear in life. Some are huge and some are just little things that we encounter on a day to day basis. But what if you did something different when that fear comes up? How would you act, what would you do, what would you say, if you werenít afraid?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 AM

This was a great experience to share Cricket. It's something that I've been working on getting more involved with and your experience certainly shows why that is so important. I've heard other photographers say that they get 90% of their new clients from word of mouth. These tools we have now for social networking make that even more possible.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScooter View Post
Day 16 post: Chocolate banana bread

"I wanted to post a picture to force you to make this bread. But it came down to a choice: I could either take the bread out of the pan, decorate it with some extra chocolate chips on top, stage a photo with a nice backdrop, and Photoshop everything.

Or I could eat the bread.

Eating the bread immediately won out."
ohhhhh, I so want this. I'm on a new "eating plan" now to loose about 48 lbs (16 down, 32 more to go) and this is definitley going to have to wait for my cheat day!! What could be better than chocolate and banana bread... at the same time.

And I don't blame you for making the choice you did!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 AM
v7n Mentor

Shadow, I bet you could slim down the recipe a little with Smart Balance butter. I have the opposite problem myself -- I was so ill last month that I lost about 25 pounds, and I've only gained a couple back so far. I had 10 to lose but not 25. But definitely, definitely save it for your cheat day!

Maybe you could slice it up and freeze it in individual Ziplocs. (Any banana bread tastes even better after it's been frozen, because the little frost crystals make it extra moist.) That way the whole pan will not be sitting there crying "Eat me! I'm delicious!"

Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Day 19: WordPress link descriptions

"Have you ever wondered how to get WordPress link descriptions to show up on your blog?

Itís really easy."

Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

March 25

Today's post is up -- My New Cone Rack.

Quote:
Undoubtedly the cone rack will help me get a better idea of what colors I have, and will allow me to play with colors more. Move the cones around and see what looks good together. How many coordinating colors to mix with a few contrasting ones.
I think my son could market these babies!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Day 20 (Saturday) post a little early: Balancing Work and Pleasure Online here at V7N

"Every day, I want to spend more time learning and sharing with others. It’s just so much fun. By sculpting the hours I spend online carefully, I’ve learned how to get the benefits of learning something new every day and shooting the breeze with my friends without feeling so overwhelmed."

Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

Blog vs. Facebook

Cricket's post on the V7N blog (Word of Mouth Advertising) on March 24 was great. For me, it was the first thing I've read that really made any sense about why I should have a Facebook page for my business. But I still have lots of questions.

Let's start with this one...

On my blog I post both business (weaving) related information and more general thoughts, personal information. How would this be different from what I'd post on FB?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread