Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

What are three tips you have for a new blogger?

Just wondering for all of you is what are three tips that you have for a new blogger? What advice do you have for a new blogger, I'm looking forward to hearing them, so can each of you give three tips you have for a new blogger. We can comply them all here, and they will all be very useful.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member

1. Write high quality content

2. You do NOT have to SEO everything. People love to read a good story

3. Try to use current news that IS being talked about to create your blog post

Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

Write and put the hard work in now, stick at it, don't copy work and make what you do the best for those who will be reading it

Old 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Great advice. Now that this threads been started a bit I'll give my three tips to help build it up.

1) Unique Content is Key. Without unique content, your never going to get anywhere, copying content will never get anywhere.

2) SEO doesn't really matter. Most wordpress and blog spot sites already come with SEO so it doesn't require anything else. You don't need to spend so much effort trying to add to it.

3) Unveil a scam. Unveiling a scam or something is one of the best ways to get some nice traffic. However make sure you have solid proof.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Syndication of content works very well when done right. Quality is what matters.

As for SEO, I would have to disagree because you have far more control over building a site from the ground up vs using wordpress. Wordpress is limited on SEO no matter how many plugins those gurus convince you to buy.

Example: on a site I build from the ground up I have far more control over my own dynamic meta tags, far more control over my alt tags, title tags, and long disc tags.

SEO matters a great deal if you want rankings that bring in "buyers" and not just window shoppers.

Personally I use blogs as feeder sites and not money sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpalte View Post
Great advice. Now that this threads been started a bit I'll give my three tips to help build it up.

1) Unique Content is Key. Without unique content, your never going to get anywhere, copying content will never get anywhere.

2) SEO doesn't really matter. Most wordpress and blog spot sites already come with SEO so it doesn't require anything else. You don't need to spend so much effort trying to add to it.

3) Unveil a scam. Unveiling a scam or something is one of the best ways to get some nice traffic. However make sure you have solid proof.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member

Ord, I personally don't do any SEO and work on marketing only however thanks for the advice!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:40 AM

1) Provide useful content to keep viewers and sunscribers coming back for more
2)Build an email list and send badass content to them everyday, maybe even twice a day.
3)Keep your blog updated everyday so you have a better chance of ranking high on Google!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Banned

1. Be original
2. Never stop promoting your Site
3. Give your readers what they want

Old 07-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

Great advice kml and enterscope. Their really is some great advice building up on this thread, thank you so much!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned

Running a blog is not about Google; it’s about your visitors. Create with your visitors in thoughts, and do any SEO modifications at the end and content is the king here write your topic in your own fashion.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Contributing Member

1. Update your content on a regular basis.
2. Add pictures to your posts.
3. Be interactive on your blog. If someone leaves a comment for you by asking a question answer it.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:57 PM

i'm very new to blogging as i have just started and tried to drive traffic and increase PR. So this topics info help me a lots, i can apply. Thanks

Old 09-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Smile

1> update your blog regularly.
2> write quality content by putting your heart into it, give it proper time, dont rush it, else you will compromise on the quality.
3>guest blogging and commenting on other blogs surely will help you in the long run.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM

1.be regular
2.be creative
3.have patience and don't do anything wrong,just show consistancy and wait for your turn.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:46 PM

Here are the few tips which i followed while creating few blogs.

1. Keyword research: i don't write articles which gets traffic for sometime. I choose keywords which gets traffic all the time.
For example i don't write articles like Iphone 5 released. These kind of articles get traffic for small period of time.

2. I always do deep interlinking to other articles. Not external but linking to internal articles. This reduces my bounce rate.

3. Write good quality articles, If you can't do this hire freelancers to write good quality articles.

4. Always do Onpage seo before publishing a article on your blog. Include basic onpage seo things like H1, H2, H3, use images in your posts etc...

5. Always write about me page on all the blogs.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:26 AM

1. Just type what you want to show people through your blog(Should be unique and creative and make others read interestingly)
2. Links are not supposed in beginning itself. Though, you can just try
3. Keep updating the blog.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Before you even create your blog (on Blogger, WordPress, or whatever), start your word processor and try to write at least ten blog posts. Save each post as a separate file.

If you can't write ten posts, or if you can write ten but then find yourself struggling to write further material, that is a good indication that you will run out of ideas quickly. In this case, it is probably better not to waste your time in the first place; there is no point creating a blog that will quickly die due to a lack of material. There are already too many abandoned blogs.

On the other hand, if you have no problem writing ten posts, and your creative juices continue to flow, charge ahead. And happy blogging!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

My advice...

1) Wordpress - dont even consider another platform (unless you program/develop) WP is the easiest and requires minimal effort
2) Social Media - get every post on social media (Twitter, Facebook, G+). Build a focused audience a Twitter that is interested in your topics
3) Related/Popular post - Use related/popular addons (with images) to keep users on your site

Good luck!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

My 3 tips:

1. Find the topics/niches that you like
2. Write, write write
3. Not to focus on writing a perfect post, but to focus on valuable post.

Cheers!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

Being a good blogger is about focusing on your readers. Don't put too much focus on SEO, make content people will love, and would want to return to your website again and again just to read your latest articles.

SEO should be done through tags / categories / other ways that don't distort the actual text. I find that people writing "SEO Articles" in their blogs tend to make them very objective, and uninteresting.

Google said it best when they say "Focus on people optimization, not search engine optimization" or something along those lines. I read it on their blog a while ago, can't recall the exact phrase.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum