Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs down Suggest me some profitable niches for my Upcoming blog

Hey friends, today I need a very little help from you all...will u help me to choose a profitable niche for my upcoming blog? A niche that is profitable and yet less competitive so that i could able to rank on that niche....waiting for ur suggestions

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How come you not picking a niche that you have a lot of knowledge about? It would be easier to come up with idea's and marketing tactic's if you pick a niche you have expert knowledge in.

First of all, we don't know you skills to be able to suggest anything.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
How come you not picking a niche that you have a lot of knowledge about? It would be easier to come up with idea's and marketing tactic's if you pick a niche you have expert knowledge in.

First of all, we don't know you skills to be able to suggest anything.
Actualy I wanna start a niche blog and that niche should be profitable...am gud at writing and am a quick learner and quite adaptable too...so plz suggest me some niches that are profitable...i can build my contents around that by spending times on researches on the online resources if needed....

Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Dey View Post
Actualy I wanna start a niche blog and that niche should be profitable...am gud at writing and am a quick learner and quite adaptable too...so plz suggest me some niches that are profitable...i can build my contents around that by spending times on researches on the online resources if needed....
Are you going to add adsense to your blog? If so, the profitable niche's for adsense is real estate, lawyers (any type of lawyer niche), make money online (everyone searching for ways to make money online) and I think technology is profitable. I'm a geek and love reading blogs that talk about past, current and future technology. Pick a niche that is searched a lot as the better the rankings you get, you know the more traffic that you will get that could turn into a profit.

Getting into the tech niche is a hard market to get good rankings but this a niche that won't go away as technology is improving all the time so more and more news coming out online about this stuff.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Are you going to add adsense to your blog? If so, the profitable niche's for adsense is real estate, lawyers (any type of lawyer niche), make money online (everyone searching for ways to make money online) and I think technology is profitable. I'm a geek and love reading blogs that talk about past, current and future technology. Pick a niche that is searched a lot as the better the rankings you get, you know the more traffic that you will get that could turn into a profit.

Getting into the tech niche is a hard market to get good rankings but this a niche that won't go away as technology is improving all the time so more and more news coming out online about this stuff.
Yup I'll add adsense on that.....Hmm technology related stuffs are being searched in a great numbers by the people for sure.....but it will next to impossible to get good rankings on that niche....isn't it??? as now if I type technology on Google it will show 2,960,000,000 results.....and the competitors will be BBC, NY Times etc etc.....Pretty scary...

Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya Dey View Post
...am gud at writing and am a quick learner and quite adaptable too...
Wait. WUT?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Wait. WUT?
LMAO.....Showing off a bit.... lolz :-P :-P

Last edited by Aditya Dey; 03-18-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: typo error

Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM

yeah you should let me know when it's up and running so i can check it out

Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM

Pick up a niche related to the current news and events of your state.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul98 View Post
Pick up a niche related to the current news and events of your state.
I already have a blog on that niche.......See my signature to check that one.......Suggest me some other ones....

Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 PM

Yes, technology is a hard term to get ranked for. I search tech blogs all the time myself and that was why I mentioned it. I need to stay current with what's happening in the tech world.

hmmmm, I don't know if the web hosting industry is a high paying niche or not but people always searching for web hosts. You could create a blog with coupons for web hosts, write reviews about them or updates the web hosts make (add affiliate link in post). I'm trying to think of good niche's that always being searched everyday and in high demand for you.

Need to get my thinking cap on. (fixing cup of coffee)

Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member

I would recommend to go for something like Health blogs and other medical stuff.
These are quite profitable if you work with adsense as well.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagesGym View Post
I would recommend to go for something like Health blogs and other medical stuff.
These are quite profitable if you work with adsense as well.
But health type stuffs don't excite me.....actually I hate it.....Actually I do have an idea to start a blog where I would tell my readers about some rare diseases or manias......the real rare one....but I don't think that people will search for it, as they are quite rare na....?? Ur thoughts??

Quote:
Yes, technology is a hard term to get ranked for. I search tech blogs all the time myself and that was why I mentioned it. I need to stay current with what's happening in the tech world.

hmmmm, I don't know if the web hosting industry is a high paying niche or not but people always searching for web hosts. You could create a blog with coupons for web hosts, write reviews about them or updates the web hosts make (add affiliate link in post). I'm trying to think of good niche's that always being searched everyday and in high demand for you.

Need to get my thinking cap on. (fixing cup of coffee)
Hmm......If someone lives in US or UK or some countries like that then web hosting is gem of a niche......but in my country (India) its not that good......

Last edited by snakeair; 03-16-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 AM

can't you goto google adword keywords search, select India, [exact match] and do some searches. I bet its easier to find unsaturated ones for india

I run a website about the nexus 7 tablet and out of interest i did a search for the keyword 'nexus 7 india' and you get over 6k local searches a month, to get top 10 ranking in google shouldn't be to difficult either in my non expert opinion,

I bet if you made a site called [removed] and made it decent you can make it into a community site with forum too. Is there an Indian amazon or equivalent that have an affiliate program? This also depends how much of the population buy online

this is profitable but not hugely profitable for me

Last edited by snakeair; 03-18-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamUK View Post
I run a website about the nexus 7 tablet and out of interest i did a search for the keyword 'nexus 7 india' and you get over 6k local searches a month, to get top 10 ranking in google shouldn't be to difficult either in my non expert opinion,

I bet if you made a site called [removed] and made it decent you can make it into a community site with forum too. Is there an Indian amazon or equivalent that have an affiliate program? This also depends how much of the population buy online

this is profitable but not hugely profitable for me
Yup i can do that on adwords...nd I am doing that too...I asked here just fore some more ideas...site about 'nexus 7' or 'google glasses'...hmm sounds good...thanks for the idea...will give a tho8 abt it...btw where r u form? Nd howz ur site iz doing? I mean how much monthly hits? Nd earnings too? ;-)

Last edited by snakeair; 03-18-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 AM

I am from the UK

over Christmas it done really well, sales doubled!!
unique visitors have dropped at the moment about 150 a day.
as i say i get most earnings amazon but some from adsense and very few from affiliatewindow.

Now its not big earnings remember and at the moment they dropped slightly but im working on backlinks and bettering my google rankings,

how much?

over xmas about 5+ a day and now is less but then I've not been posting due to other commitments for like 4 months.

Maybe you will earn more than me.

I heard about google glasses the other day, they look interesting but not sure if they will take off. They are really different to anything else out there at the moment.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamUK View Post
I am from the UK

over Christmas it done really well, sales doubled!!
unique visitors have dropped at the moment about 150 a day.
as i say i get most earnings amazon but some from adsense and very few from affiliatewindow.

Now its not big earnings remember and at the moment they dropped slightly but im working on backlinks and bettering my google rankings,

how much?

over xmas about 5+ a day and now is less but then I've not been posting due to other commitments for like 4 months.

Maybe you will earn more than me.

I heard about google glasses the other day, they look interesting but not sure if they will take off. They are really different to anything else out there at the moment.
"Google Glasses" may become a good niche to blog on.....as the concept is new....so I hope the competitions would be much lower.......and people do search for it......

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah Surely...... :-) :-) All the best to you and your blog........

Old 05-15-2013, 03:13 PM

it really depends what your passions are... isn't that what you'd love to write about anyway?

Old 05-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Yup totally agreed.....I am thinking of launching a blog on all sorts of news related to technology world...How would that be??

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum