Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 PM

Anyone ever split up their multi-category blog into many niche blogs?

Just curious if anyone has done that and what the results have been. I have 600+ posts on a multi-category site that i could split up into many different sites. I'm not sure if it's worth it, or to make them all part of a subdomain like bicycling.myblog.com and sciences.myblog.com or just completely different sites all together

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

If you plan to split them up, would you still be able to provide unique content for each of them a few days a week and keep up with marketing them online and on social media?

Would you actually create multiple Facebook fan pages if you have seprate blog's?

My blog, I have multiple categories and have enough trouble providing new blog posts in each of them on a weekly basis. I refuse to hire someone to do the writing, SEO and marketing. I do everything myself. I like a good challenge and my blog is my challenge I am in a fight with it and Google.. It's hard enough maintaining 1 blog then to have multiple ones which could add more cost's per month to maintain them.

This is a hobby blog btw.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM

Good point!!! I guess it's time for me to find a new theme that can display multi-category blogs really well.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

Currently Google is preferring niche based blogs than the multi-niche blog in matter of SE rankings.....but yet creating 3-4 new sites means maintaining them regularly, which might become very tedious with time....You also need to create different social profiles for each of the....So if I were you, then I would prefer multi category blog....though it may create problems in SE rankings...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum