Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Blog creation - from what to begin?

Guys, if I plan to create my blog, could you give some fair advices from what I should begin? If I am not very competent in that question, should I firstly catch the proper knowledge in blogging sphere and then realize them in life? Or I can do this simultaneously?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

You should have a niche or topic, for example your niche is about "SEO and Marketing"
Then you need to create articles regarding SEO and Marketing.

But first of course, you should have your own website,
there are many tools you can use to create a website, Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, Blogger are there.
Then host it and buy your own domain name, in case of blogger, you don't need to buy hosting and domain (but you can use your own domain name in blogger).
Then start posting articles

Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

First ask your self what you can write about! Also what things are you passionate about.

For example you can write about: Amusement parks, Medical information, Traveling.

If you are from technical background. You can write about java, html and more on.

You can use wordpress as a blogging platform. Before starting a blog. Dont start it for making money, you should have a passion about sharing knowledge to world. Afterwards you can think about the money.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM

To start a blog you should have a niche or the topic related to your business or service you provide.

Choose an unique blog name for your blog, put a proper title in your blog. Post an unique and quality content, add some new content in regular basis.
Make your blog attractive choose a very good template, you can add image and video in your blog also.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Contributing Member

First, you have to ask your self what you passionate about or you can make the blog as personal journal. Many bloggers stop or rarely update their blogs because they focus to much on niche that they think can attract more visitors.
To avoid this, create 10 or more posts and scheduled them before you publish your first post.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Before you spend money on web hosting and whatnot, I'd suggest you try a free blogging service such as blogspot.com, blogger.com or wordpress.com

Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneB View Post
Before you spend money on web hosting and whatnot, I'd suggest you try a free blogging service such as blogspot.com, blogger.com or wordpress.com
Why start our on a free one?

There a reason for this?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post

There a reason for this?
Well if you have no experience in blogging, chances are you might decide to change niche or domain name or whatever.

You might also realise you don't like blogging at all or you don't have as much time as you thought you'd have.

Get a better hold of what you want to do before spending money.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

Due to my constant work I visit you, guys, here as often as I can. Sorry for not answering at once. Firstly, thank you for giving so many wise advices. What I wanted to say is that I am not focused on getting money from my future blog, in other words I have not thought about that yet. I am just wanted to create it for sharing information in the sphere of medicine. Generally, my present work has no relation to medicine, but I am competent in that sphere and want to share information I can share. So, the themes I want to write about are medicine, weight loss and gynecology. The question I am not competent in is whether it is possible to unite blog and forum in one site? I want not only to write and write and write, but also help people getting answers to their questions. I think forum is a good idea for that. I am thinking of all that very seriously.Sorry if I ask many questions, guys.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin View Post
Due to my constant work I visit you, guys, here as often as I can. Sorry for not answering at once. Firstly, thank you for giving so many wise advices. What I wanted to say is that I am not focused on getting money from my future blog, in other words I have not thought about that yet. I am just wanted to create it for sharing information in the sphere of medicine. Generally, my present work has no relation to medicine, but I am competent in that sphere and want to share information I can share. So, the themes I want to write about are medicine, weight loss and gynecology. The question I am not competent in is whether it is possible to unite blog and forum in one site? I want not only to write and write and write, but also help people getting answers to their questions. I think forum is a good idea for that. I am thinking of all that very seriously.Sorry if I ask many questions, guys.
You could use BBpress for a forum and attach your blog. http://bbpress.org/

Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

There a reason for this?
I'd probably say since if you pay for a domain and web hosting and end up not enjoying blogging you lose all that money you spent.

On the other hand, starting out on something like Blogger to get the hang of blogging and if one enjoys it can move to domain/web hosting and since it's easy to transfer your posts from Blogger to (for example) WordPress including 301 redirects from Blogger.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
You could use BBpress for a forum and attach your blog. http://bbpress.org/
Could you share your mind as for blog and forum combining?Is that not a bad idea generally? I will use BBpress software you advised. Thanks.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin View Post
Could you share your mind as for blog and forum combining?Is that not a bad idea generally? I will use BBpress software you advised. Thanks.
Well I belong to StudioPress.com and follow there blog daily besides them using BBpress as there official forum support software. Sometimes they link to certain topic's on the forum or categories in there blog post. This will direct us visitors to the forum to read important information or just get us to look around the forum and maybe post more.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Contributing Member

Think about the niche
Select Blogging platform (WordPress.org is what I can recommend)
Select a good domain name (Brandable, short and memorable)
Select a good design
Write great content
Use Social media..

Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

I suggest you to begin with Pen and papers. Write compelling and unique articles or tips or tricks or how to contents. Once you write at least 100 pages of 400 words titles, go to blogger or tumblr and post those articles. If people talks about what your write, you are the next chosen top bloggers, if you are not, don't waste more time looking for clue how to blogging. it is all matter of Content anyway

Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

How much necessary information I have got from you! Thanks. I realize that writing unique, interesting and at the same time simple content is very important when thinking about blogging. And the very issue is whether people will be interested in the topic you write in. Anyway it is great to have the possibility to discuss the questions I have here with you. You always give many good suggestions.

Last edited by cousin; 10-10-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Contributing Member

if you think you are a fast learner then offcourse you can learn simultaneously but i'd say first learn and then start i failed few times because of not having proper knowledge

Old 10-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

First try to set up your mind in what topic you want to write about then gather information about them. After gathering information separate into small topics which will be published as posts, and then do the right SEO.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Contributing Member

Oh, I cannot admit I am a fast learner. I usually need some time to understand all tips and tricks. There is much information I have, bit have no skills. So, the right solution for me is first learn, then do. Thanks, guys.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:06 AM

think of the things you love and things you love talking about and then use this as your niche in blogging. i suggest start with tumblr first or wordpress, coz both of them are free.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum