Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 11-13-2013, 09:42 AM

How Do You Revive an Inactive Blog?

Hi there,

I started a blog about a year ago and did not keep up on the blog entries.

I wanted to know if there was a way to revive a blog site that has been inactive.

I notice if I do enter in a post, it no longer comes up in the Google search rankings.

Do you recommend I start a whole new site - so that the content is fresh and potential customers can find me?

Any suggestions you could send my way would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Josephina

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Because your blog has been inactive for a year it can take some time for the search engines to revisit. Once they get the idea that the blog is again active they will start visiting again regularly.

Just because you do not find your new articles on the first couple of pages doesn't mean that the search engines have not found your new work. There could be other reasons the article(s) are not ranking.

Do you have some old articles that could be updated with new information? The search engines do notice when an article has been updated.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

If your sinte have been inactive, you probably doesnt have much backlinks pointing to your site, you should start posting regulary again, and work on getting some natural looking backlinks to your site, join social medias and make pages for your site there, and link posts and content back to your mainpage

Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 PM

Definitely start by adding new content. Then, as suggested, promote and build backlinks.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

Start creating new contents for the blog and treat it like a new blog Instead of creating a brand new site

Old 11-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Contributing Member

Start fresh. Doesn't have to be a new site.

Do a major redesign. Plan your content and marketing accordingly.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

I have experience the same before. What I did was to start updating my blog and started following people that share the same interest with me. It took quite a long time before the blog started to get good amount of traffic because it has been inactive for almost 2 years.

Just start posting contents and build relationship with other bloggers. Building links was the last thing to come up in my mind. All you have to do is to make people know that your blog exist through social media.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

Why would you start a whole new site. Just add more blog posts and build some fresh backlinks. Google will automatically re-index your website and add your latest blog posts to their search results.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

Create some good content and get on those social media sites!

Earn yourself a few followers and hopefully in time you will get your rankings back and maintain a fanbase through the social networks.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

It's easy man...

Just start posting.

Stop making excuses!!!

Just write. Keep writing. And if you need to take a break?

It's not a problem.

Because when you're ready?

Start blogging some more.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Banned

First update all of your blog posts with recent knowledge base. It will take some time but it is very very important factor also build some backlink as your site is old and there is very low chances of panelty..

Old 11-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

Start posting quality contents again and do some SEO, your ranking will improve in few weeks to few months.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

start posting new posts and slowly it will pick up. since your domain is already a year old it will carry more weightage then starting a new blog in a new domain...

Old 11-29-2013, 04:03 AM
Contributing Member

Posting regularly is good way to revive as everyone said above. Try to post at least 4-6 posts per week and do guest post, forum submission, purchase some adwords credit if you can afford.

Good luck

Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 AM

Promote your blog in various social platforms like facebook, g+ etc. And also you gotta keep writing blogs to keep your SEO ranking intact.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Do not expect for things to easily pick up again. What you can do is to improve your blog. Add more pages if you want to. And then regularly add posts. Make things regular. Ensure that you get new pages and posts indexed by Google. Just continue putting up good stuffs.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:46 AM

Just start by creating unique creative content for it, search engines will do their part and soon you'll start ranking.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Because your blog has been inactive for a year it can take some time for the search engines to revisit. Once they get the idea that the blog is again active they will start visiting again regularly.

Just because you do not find your new articles on the first couple of pages doesn't mean that the search engines have not found your new work. There could be other reasons the article(s) are not ranking.

Do you have some old articles that could be updated with new information? The search engines do notice when an article has been updated.
Yes you right and old site better than new site because they have an "age" but domain age not very give value in SEO but it better right ?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyatar View Post
Hi there,

I started a blog about a year ago and did not keep up on the blog entries.

I wanted to know if there was a way to revive a blog site that has been inactive.

I notice if I do enter in a post, it no longer comes up in the Google search rankings.

Do you recommend I start a whole new site - so that the content is fresh and potential customers can find me?

Any suggestions you could send my way would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Josephina

The only way to revive something is to make it active again

You can search for your site on google just to make sure that it is still being indexed by typing this on Google's search box: site: http://your_website_url

If the search resulted to your website appearing, then kudos! This means your blog is still being indexed by Google. If not, there is a possibility that it has been penalized for possible poor content previously (which hopefully and probably is not the case here.)

Afterwhich, you can try to update your content as much as you can, with topics that are informative and catchy, and then market it to your possible audience.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:11 PM

If you have good existing material, and you're happy with the domain name etc., I'd just resume posting. After you post, tweet about it, and post the link on a site like Digg. Search engines will visit within 24 hours. You should have each new post indexed in less than two days. You're not alone. There are thousands of abandoned sites out there. If you believe in it, pick up where you left off. Good luck.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum