Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 11-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

Should i have a blog page added to my website

Hi.
I wanted some advice on if i should have a blog page added to my garden maintenance website. The company who coded my website suggested it would be a good idea if i had a blog page added and if i blogged regular it would help with page ranking. It would be an extra job for me to do but if it was going to help with ranking it would be worth it. I was going to blog about what job can be done around the garden at that time of year. would this be worth me doing. its going o cost 300 to have a jamoola blog page added to my site. and advice would be great.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

Let us get to know why this blog is considered important. There was an update from Google which suggested that search engine would like to value those sites which have something new on their site - in the form of content.

In real life, it is very much like this scenario where we would not like to head towards a same garment store which showcases same dresses, materials again and again.

Coming back to blog page, yes, a Blog would give you the stage to write something about your niche. And each post of blogging, would be a page ( fresh content) added to your site - meaning your site is always dynamic in terms of fresh information. This is a healhy signal for your site to draw attention for Google.

I have been blogging for my clients for a long. Every SEO campaign I take care of, blogging is an integral part, where I can write about their industry and
provide education to their customers. Be it mobile, HVAC, Limosuines etc, I do write for them and it does work.

BTW, I do not think it would cost you that much. Like, in my example I have set up blog installations much lesser to that price and at times free.

Thanks,

Old 11-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppersean View Post
Hi.
I wanted some advice on if i should have a blog page added to my garden maintenance website. The company who coded my website suggested it would be a good idea if i had a blog page added and if i blogged regular it would help with page ranking. It would be an extra job for me to do but if it was going to help with ranking it would be worth it. I was going to blog about what job can be done around the garden at that time of year. would this be worth me doing. its going o cost 300 to have a jamoola blog page added to my site. and advice would be great.
Blog page is definitely good for your website, as the fundamental purpose of blogging actually provide fresh contents to the public, which means these increase the value of the site.

Now.... Having said that, it is also vitally important to keep quality of the content at its best. Having blog posts for the sake of just having them is merely going yo drive quantity - now that's not going to add any value, and as a matter of fact, it actually decreases your site value.

Therefore, plan carefully before you decide if you wanted a blog post. If you do not have the time, resource or content - your site is likely to be more static type, then no point having a blog post.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

Yes I believe blog pages are good for most websites. You can create all kinds of helpful blog posts that will drive much more traffic to you and give the visitors something to read.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

My site is basically to let customers know what my company is about and services we offer. Its not the type of site that has its content changed regular and thats why i thought for seo purposes a blog might be usefull. I was going to take the approach of what the garden owner can do around the garden them self so the content would be useful but also it would be using keywords that are associated with the work i offer. The other thing i thought was because of the cost of having the blog added to my website could i use an external bloging site and have that linked to my site would it have the same effect. i am sorry if i am not explaining this very well and thats for your advice.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Banned

Yes Sure... It is very important factor after Hummingbird algorith update.. Try to post content on daily bases with unique and user friendly (interesting) content.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
My site is basically to let customers know what my company is about and services we offer. Its not the type of site that has its content changed regular and thats why i thought for seo purposes a blog might be usefull. I was going to take the approach of what the garden owner can do around the garden them self so the content would be useful but also it would be using keywords that are associated with the work i offer. The other thing i thought was because of the cost of having the blog added to my website could i use an external bloging site and have that linked to my site would it have the same effect. i am sorry if i am not explaining this very well and thats for your advice.
So, you basically answered the question yourself. Since the content isn't going to be updated regularly, it's best not to use blogging style for your site.

Well having said that, you can still run Wordpress and run it as a Content Management System (CMS). It will work great for you.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

Thank you for all your advice. i will have a look into wordpress and see what would be involved in using that as the blog page.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Yes highly recommend a blog. There are several main reasons that immediately come to mind:

1. Google loves fresh content, and is considered a ranking factor - excellent video by Matt Cutts explains this in more detail - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hH4ZQ_19k#t=147
2. Increased Page rank - If you share your blog posts on social media \ google+ \ pinterest \ twitter etc, some of those links are do follow so feeds more page rank into your site in a natural way. If you link your main money pages in your blog post, that PR will feed into where you want it.
3. With more varied content you will rank for more terms in Google. Use some keyword research and optimised posts and this could be quite effective at increasing traffic in the long term, especially if you focus on ultra good quality posts.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

As a customer, I appreciate seller's blog. It connects me better to the product and I return shopping more often.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Banned

I think you should have, it's very useful to increase rankings and SEO scores for main website. Thus it will help increase your website traffic

Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

Of course you should have a blog section, your blog can help you get more traffic, increase your website ranking and get closer to your readers by giving them the chance to comment on your blog. It can be also a great way to share news updates with your customers.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

I added a blog page for my client's website. What you just need to remember is to update the blog page once or twice a week. Good for sharing news and updates.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

yes blog pages can help lot with rankings
but basically they improve traffic to your website
and traffic is the thing we want

Old 01-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi.
I wanted some advice on if i should have a blog page added to my garden maintenance website.

its going o cost 300 to have a jamoola blog page added to my site. and advice would be great.
300 pounds for a joomla!

I don't blame you for being hesitant...

There are other options than joomla... Was there any reason that this particular CMS was being advocated over the other options?

If it was me...
I think that I would look into the free options.

300 pounds, and you don't even know whether you want a blog... seems like an argument against joomla...

Try signing up at blogspot, and wordpress.com, and tumblr.com, and see if you have anything to say.

A free blog can always be incorporated into the site later, using an importer tool... any site designer can do this...

Blogging about the project being started, inviting prospective clients to come for a visit, and then posting the finished photos can be a very rewarding experience...

Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 AM

Yes, adding a blog would certainly be helpful for your website as you can easily share the latest information and updates on your blog and you can also increase your website's quality but adding quality content on it.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Hi.
Yes adding a blog on website is a great deal. But I think $300 are too much cost for this job.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

hi

thanks you all for your advice. i think i am going to look into having the blog added to my site. i really want the blog to be attached to my site rather than a separate blog site. i think i could just about manage to blog at least once a week, throughout winter there is no problem its just once i get the spring rush things get a bit hectic.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, I believe it is a great idea to have a blog page on your website. It gives you the opportunity to get to know your customers and your customers an opportunity to get to know you. I believe every business should have a blog page.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:34 PM

A blog is definitely worth the trouble. Not only will it increase the amount of fresh content available for search engines (seo benefits), but it will offer your readers another side of your personality. With the blog portion of you site, you have greater freedom to delve into things that interest you on a personal level. Think of it as the personal portion of your site. If you're willing to learn Wordpress, you could integrate both sides of your website (blog and static content). Then you wouldn't be at the mercy ($$) of a developer and new costs each time you want to update.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum