Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-15-2013, 02:05 PM

What are the Key Differences between Blogger and WordPress?

Hello
Kindly elaborate me what is a key difference between Blogger and wordpress and which one you prefer and why?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 01:04 AM

The best platform for a blog can be determined by taking a look at the reason why you are starting a blog. e.g :- If you are a new bie in blogging and want to give your blogging skills a try i will recommend you to use blogger.Reason ? Well, the reason is that it is very simple,quick ,easy to use and at the same time free of cost.You can create a blog on bogger in a few clicks and can start blogging in no time.All you need is a Google account.If you ask about wordpress. Then i would like to tell you that you can own a free blog at wordpress.com and a paid one at wordpress.org.Unlike Blogger, you can control the look and feel of your new WordPress.com blog to a certain extent by selecting from one of their free WordPress themes. Themes control the colours, layout and fonts on your site so this is useful if you want your blog to look different to others.Many of the most common revenue strategies that bloggers depend on such as Google Adsense or affiliate marketing are not allowed, although you can promote your own products.

Advertising is also a gray area. In their terms of service, WordPress.com say they may show Google ads on your site, not ideal if you want your blog to be an ad-free zone.

So as a conclusion if you are looking to blog for money and you are a new bie go for blogger and if you are blogging to get some of your products a lift then go for wordpress.org and get a self hosted blog.Hope that helped.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Contributing Member

Which blogging platform is preferable?

I think that this depends on the purpose of your blog, and of course you as a blogger.

If you want a free platform where you can earn a bit of money back, Blogger is a good choice for you. Why? because you can allow ads to appear on your blog, thus allowing you to have a bit of money from your content.

If you want a free platform (with limited storage of 3GB) with a huge variety of themes, then Wordpress is for you.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:20 AM
Contributing Member

WordPress.org is the best if hosted on self hosting... Plugins make a difference. Blogger is good if you can't afford to purchase your own hosting..

Pros of Blogger:
-Free
-Easy to get started
-Easy to maintain

Pros of WordPress.org:
-Plugins automate everything. i.e. social sharing, SEO and many other tasks
-Plenty of themes available
-No restrictions, you are free to share anything

Conclusion: If you can afford, go for wordpress.org, if don't want to invest, go for Blogger.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

Blogger, being a Google product has the edge of getting posts indexed faster but Wordpress is equally good. In fact, wordpress I would suggest you.

Thanks,

Old 01-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelworli View Post
If you want a blog as a hobby then blogger is best, but if you want to blog for money then definitely go for wordpress.
But what is the difference between both? I can make money using both blog platform's... infact anyone can.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:59 PM

Hello... According to me both of them are great blogging systems and also used by many users.
Blogger is free and easy to use. It has many inbuilt features. It supports only 50 languages. It can't access by mobile phones.
WordPress is quick and easy to use. It provides free hosting. It provides free themes for the different look of your blog. WordPress supports nearly 120+ languages. It can access by mobile phones.
Thanks....

Old 01-28-2014, 10:34 PM

WordPress is more popular. But Blogger is a Google product and receive a lot more attention in the search engines. WordPress moved away from only being a blogger platform..today major websites are created using WordPress.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

wordpress is better for SEO and making money with ads through pugins

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread