Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 12-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Daily Blogging is Broke Blogging

This is an interesting read if you blog daily.

Quote:
We live in a world where most bloggers are broke and frustrated, but it does not have to be that way.

Blogging, the Old Way

A few years ago, bloggers were told to put out frequent (multiple posts per day, if possible) to increase their web traffic. It was the ‘long-tail’ traffic strategy. With frequent posting, you’d naturally pick up all of this traffic from people Googling long, specific queries. Most search engine traffic comes from long-tail anyway, so it made a lot of sense.

And, quite frankly, it was working. So bloggers were pumping out content like it was going out of style.

Then, people got smart (see: lazy) and started outsourcing their content.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/d...logging/81697/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

I actually tested how frequency of blogging affects traffic.

In my research, if I blog daily (and share it to my social media following), I definitely get more traffic.

But, if the content sucks? Then nobody reads it, nobody shares it, and nobody comments on it.

So, outsourcing articles might have some good effects on SEO, but I think more rewarding is when people email me, and comment on my blog saying that the content kicks ass.

So my $? is to create content for PEOPLE.

Frequency doesn't matter as much as quality in my opinion.

(I got burned out blogging daily to be honest, and now usually blog once per week, or whenever I have inspiration).

What do you think?

Old 12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Contributing Member

I agree! I usually blog once a week. Then, I spend the remainder of the week promoting the blog post. By the time the next week rolls around I know what I am going to write about. I feel within that time frame it gives my readers time to absorb the information. It's not too slow but not too fast either.

However, if you have something you want to say I don't think it's wrong to post it. I just like to give myself time to think about what I will be writing about. I feel my content is better when I do that. I'm not a fast paced person anyway.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

As a blog reader I can spot a fake, forced post miles away = fake posts are there like word diarrhea If you have nothing to say, you should not write. The content must "sit" for awhile, be read a few times. Problem is similar as with books = there are more people writting books than reading books and there are more people blogging than reading blogs.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:28 PM

How long has Google been saying "Quality over quantity" and "write for your readers, not for serps" ?

While I hate to see good blogs take a hit in the fray, I am glad to see there may be hope for the death of "how many keywords can I stuff into this 300 word crappy blog post that has nothing unique to say" blogs.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymark2727 View Post
Daily blogging is best for that.
Any feedback on the blog post thus far?

Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Most bloggers can't manage the tasking of creating awesome content everyday so my best option would be to try accepting guest posts a good website to start with is my myblogguest.com 1000+ articles and author from various different niches . This would ease up the strain on you so there would be enough time to create great article and not some runned down article not even worth sharing .

Old 01-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

If you really like doing biz online I'm sure you won't give up normally the startup is slow but once u make a name for yourself it should be smooth sailing afterwards

Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 AM

In my opinion (I am a newbie) if you can make a very good quality content even if it takes one or two blogs a week and that content really help people in something they struggle to know how to do it, your blog will be the best out there...

Old 02-04-2014, 10:58 PM

To make a stand out a new blog, daily blogging is good but in case if you have established blog you can make 3-4 posts/week. Blogging is not only for posting content regularly but also to produce quality content that was helpful to your audience so before posting anything at your blog, think at least one time how much it is useful to your audience.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa View Post
I agree! I usually blog once a week. Then, I spend the remainder of the week promoting the blog post.
I hope this isn't a silly question, but how do you promote your posts? I think you make a good point that promoting the post is just as valid ad creating good content. But I struggle with the best ways to promote posts.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM

i dont understand what your mind sir, can you explain ?

Old 02-07-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haniv View Post
i dont understand what your mind sir, can you explain ?
Who are you referring to and did you actually read the blog post I shared?

Old 02-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Banned

In online world the best practice is to do work with frequency and consistency.Quality is another factor that can effect the bounce rate of your site. Greater bounce rate can harm your site from Google

Old 02-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member

Daily multiple posting is not worthy for your blog.It decrease google search engine interest in your blog.It does not matter when you posting quality articles.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum