Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Wordpress Menu Help

My blog is the one in my sig. So far it is arranged to show all my posts on one default page. But now that I have more posts, I want to keep it organized. I do have them seperated by categories, but the category list is not so obvious to find. I tried adding making a menu at the top by clicking the page option, but it only makes a new blog post. Just on a different page. I was hoping to redirect to the page to "x" category but I don't see the option. How can I fix this?
I am using Wordpress.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

What theme are you using? There should be theme instructions on how to customize the thread.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
What theme are you using? There should be theme instructions on how to customize the thread.

Theme: Responsive

Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

With the default WordPress system - You can add categories to a menu.

Appearence > Menus. Inside the Menus page, is a sidebar with Pages, Links, and Categories. Click the Links panel as the URL just type # and in the Link Text, add "Categories", then go to the Categories section below Links and check the boxes to each category you want and click Add To Menu. When they're in the menu, simply click and drag each category to the right to make it a child menu of the "Categories" parent link. Done.

I attached a picture of how it would look (Ignore my own links above Categories)

Hope this helps.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConduciveMammal View Post
With the default WordPress system - You can add categories to a menu.

Appearence > Menus. Inside the Menus page, is a sidebar with Pages, Links, and Categories. Click the Links panel as the URL just type # and in the Link Text, add "Categories", then go to the Categories section below Links and check the boxes to each category you want and click Add To Menu. When they're in the menu, simply click and drag each category to the right to make it a child menu of the "Categories" parent link. Done.

I attached a picture of how it would look (Ignore my own links above Categories)

Hope this helps.
Thanks for replying but that's not the problem. I think what I have to do is click on the Add new page option. Is there a way that I can redirect a blog page? I think that's the only way.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Hello - According to me Menu are depends on type of teams. I've used pin board them for making a website. In which you can create your own simple menu and drag drop menu very easy way with image slider.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandnasharma View Post
Hello - According to me Menu are depends on type of teams. I've used pin board them for making a website. In which you can create your own simple menu and drag drop menu very easy way with image slider.
I use wordpress so they don't have the drag and drop thing. Does anoyone know how I can redirect a blog post to another page?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoyoutube View Post
I use wordpress so they don't have the drag and drop thing. Does anoyone know how I can redirect a blog post to another page?
This plugin may help.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-...direct-plugin/

Old 06-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Will check it out, Thanks as always.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

Ok so I managed to get it the way I wanted but apparently the consequences for adding new pages means it will show up twice. Once on the menu header where it's suppose to be, and a second time right under the header in a vertical fashion. Here's a screenshot of what I mean http://prntscr.com/3qly8l . Is there a way I can remove the top right vertical list?

Old 06-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Check your theme settings OR widget area, you may have a Menu Widget that you need to delete. I have 2 custom menu's created on my blog. One I have shown in my footer and one the top header.

I dragged the menu widget's over in my widget section to make these go in those spots.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Check your theme settings OR widget area, you may have a Menu Widget that you need to delete. I have 2 custom menu's created on my blog. One I have shown in my footer and one the top header.

I dragged the menu widget's over in my widget section to make these go in those spots.
Once again, thank you. turns out I had an extra widget.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread