Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 06-06-2014, 09:37 AM

Unhappy My blog is lacking success HELP!

Hi, So I created my blog last month and I have gotten about 200 views overall within my 5 blog posts but I am lacking followers or even comments. I publish my blogs through blogspot.

Recently I was introduced to bloglovin in order to increase my blog traffic and with hope in gaining followers through bloglovin and blogspot but it has not made much progress.

I would be so grateful if anyone was able to take a look at my blog with feedback and let me know what you think My bloglovin button is on my blogspot page which will link you to my bloglovin page.

to visit go on mrprestigee . blogspot . com (cancel the spaces)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

Consistency is key. It's only been around a month for me too, but I can only keep pressing forward. Also try different social networks.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Thanks! are you on bloglovin or blogspot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoyoutube View Post
Consistency is key. It's only been around a month for me too, but I can only keep pressing forward. Also try different social networks.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.prestigee View Post
Thanks! are you on bloglovin or blogspot?
I have a blogspot blog, but my main blog is wordpress. What exactly is blogdevin? it doesn't seem like a blogging platform.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:49 PM

oh ok when you have time you could follow me on blogspot its mrprestigee . blogspot . com (ignore the spaces)....Bloglovin is a way in which you can connect your blog to the site which makes it easy for people to follow you and gain more traffic. It comes in handy when you want your blog to be more noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoyoutube View Post
I have a blogspot blog, but my main blog is wordpress. What exactly is blogdevin? it doesn't seem like a blogging platform.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Get to google+ and add as many people in your circle as possible. Another thing, you have to keep your blog busy with new and interesting content. The busy it is with lots of people in your circle is the more chance to hit your target.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 AM

One month isn't enough time to expect good results. Keep writing articles, and since it's on blogger, search for people on google+ with similar interests and follow them. Many will follow you back. Also search for google+ communities that are relevant to your niche, join them and become active. If you post relevant stuff to the community rather than spam them, some of those people will click your name and check out your blog.

Another thing - I have a blogspot blog and use all of the techniques I just gave you. I get people following me, +1s and comments on my articles, plus people sharing links to my articles. So I am getting lots of engagement on google, but I still don't have a single person following my blog. I don't let that bother me.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:39 PM

Target new market, Create interesting post, and think out of box

Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

I have to agree with Alsoyoutube. Consistency is the key! When you blog, take a look at different styles that will suite readers' interest, but still consider being consistent, that's branding. Another one is partaking with several Social Networking Sites to fetch millions of people.

More importantly, write good content. The more you touch people interest, the better.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

I would recommend you to create videos as well and upload them on youtube channel. Embed those videos to your blog. At the end of every video ask users to subscribe. Video blogging now days is the best way to get great number of subscriber. Because blogger is more closer to ask reader to subscribe his/her blog. Put some animated buttons to subscribe. Do your self promotion to subscribe using banners. You can even using tools like to subscribe to read more. But I am not sure if your readers will like that. But you can do a experiment.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM

Mr. Prestigee:

I agree with Katt and Samam. Social media will help (keep pressing on), but you can't get an accurate picture in just 30 days. I've found that 90 days is a better measuring point. Sometimes it takes that long for your efforts to kick in. In the meantime, continue working on it daily. Grow your social media presence and following. Look for guest posting opportunities. Ask lots of questions, and look for free training materials. This forum can help a lot. You might setup a Google alert for "traffic generation" or similar keywords. That way you will have helpful articles available every day. Spend 20-30 minutes a day reading about strategies, and begin implementing them. Nearly every blogger has been at the same point. Hang in there Hope this helps a little.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 AM

Consistency is the key! On the internet, there are many website. So you much focus on your best, share your idea, your experience, write a good article. Your audience will find you. Don't worry, it takes times, just keep your fire

Old 06-25-2014, 12:16 AM

Hi guy,
Should focus on your body's blog. If the contain is nteresting many people will access and comment.
Please check again and modify it!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 AM

If you need success then read it carefully:

All you need as a blogger is consistency and network. I was failing just like you because i focused on traffic but when i changed my concept about blogging my blog started to move towards success. I started to communicate with people like hell and they helped me to move my blog to the new level.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4s-uk View Post
Target new market, Create interesting post, and think out of box
It's really hard to find a decent new market to blog upon most of them are saturated and even if there is a market exist but if you don't have knowledge on that subject then how one will blog.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM

Increase the quality of contents of your blog and use blogspot as your blogging platform.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Banned

only 5 posts in month for new blog is too much low. Try to publish atleast 10 -12 quality posts on your blog and optimize your site for good SEO

Old 07-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

My blog has been around for 2 months and already has almost 3K visitors.

Last week I made a post that went viral. Almost 1000 hits in just 3 days.

And it IS hosted on Blogger.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

I'll elaborate:

I use StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook and YouTube (=rarely, low-end machine).

The last 2 will get you almost no traffic at all on the short term but I've gotten a few YT subscribers with just 3 videos.

Here's the deal:

1 - Blog Daily or almost all days.
Like what people already said, consistency IS the key. It's more than just a catch-phrase. Companies who blog daily have more customers who don't, accourding to HubSpot and EN.

2 - Share your posts, ALWAYS.
Doesn't matter if you have 10 or 10M followers, sharing is caring!
Every bit of content you create, share it.

A) If you make your own pictures (like I do) Pin them in Pinterest and Verify your site. You should post at least 2 Images since you use Blogger.

B) For every 3 text posts you make, create a video and yet another post linking back to the video and on the video link back to your site.
Use the following format for SEO:

Title - Main keyword here

Description - Main keyword 2 times, your description and then some more keywords, whatever ones you want, how many times you desire.

Tags - Main keyword and related.

C)
Submit your latest post to Reddit. This gives you a truckload of traffic overnight. The key to win here is to submit your link in the best subreddit available. Take time to see what subreddits are a best match for your content.
Be careful though: make sure you're submitting your link in the proper section and read the rules, ALWAYS

D) Submit your latest post to StumbleUpon. A much better alternative to any traffic exchange out there. After submitting your link, with the proper description, tags, etc., choose a category related to your niche and start stumbling yourself. See what stuff you're into and is likely to add up to your knowledge.

I usually see pictures from CGSociety. They're pretty good. It's Scy-fy but, still, very good.

E) Tweet it. Again, doesn't matter if you have one or one billion followers, tweet it. And add people to your followers list. You'll probably get up to 1/2 of the people who you've added to follow you.

F) +1 it. Blogger has a function to prompt you to share the post to people on your circles. Again ADD AS MUCH PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. And share it.

Those who care will add you back.

G) Post it to your Facebook Wall. If you have a Facebook page, great: add it there and share it.

Also, join as many FB groups as you can and post there as well. You probably will get low quality visitors but it still works. This is why I said that FB was ineffective.

3 - Submit your site to Google Webmaster Tools.
When you get more visitors or web search hits will give you some more insight of what people are searching the most on your website and how you can leverage that.

I haven't reached that point but still, GWT is showing me some results.
But the most important thing you need to do is post your SITEMAP.

Go to the Sitemaps section and add this

atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

Will add your sitemap to Google and will help you get your site indexed faster, IF you post daily.

A proof of that is that I have 45 links indexed out of 46, not a bad ratio, eh?

By blogging daily your submitted pages will always be on par with the indexed pages.

4 - Ping your website once in a while, after posting.
I'd list you a few sites but my membership doesn't allow me to.
These will show up as hits but are just bots crawling your site.

They create some sort of "WHOIS" pages and ping them to search engines.

I have a list that allows me to ping to about... 6000+ sites? Maybe a bit more, plus 50 or 70 top sites.

Note: these aren't backlinks, despite pointing to your site. Pings have lower value than actual backlinks.

5 - Get a domain name.
Just head out to GoDaddy and buy one for $4. You CAN afford $4 for 365 days. Period.

You gotta have your own domain name, that's what people will know you for. and if Blogger ever goes down, you'll still have the links pointing at you.

Moreover, if you shift to WordPress or other CMS, for example, you'll have no problems whatsoever making the change. I plan on doing this since I have little posts (49 but I'll add this as one of my posts so... 50)

6 - Create 4 posts with 1000+ words.
Sometimes I reach 2000+. I can go farther but it's not worth it because people's attention span isn't that long.

7 - Network your Social Media Accounts.
HootSuite is only effective if you use a whole bunch of them, so sync Twitter to post on Facebook for example.

This way you only need to post in one and you'll get traffic for both.

8 - Use in-text links like Wikipedia and link back to older posts.
Don't just link to affiliate programs. Mix everything: link to older posts, someone elses posts, even V7N!

Keep in mind: you don't need to be ALWAYS creating content, sometimes (and this is actually healthy) post, retweet, share whatever other people made that you think it's of interest to your target audience.

9 - Don't put ads.
Just to clarify: I do have ads on my site but only non-intrusive ones and I don't plan to monetize them... yet.

But it's a bad practice to put ads right off the bat, especially if you don't have that many posts.

10 - Design first; content second.
Finish your site FIRST. Create the pages you need, put in the text, then the widgets, etc, do some A vs B testing and when everything is ready start posting.

Use a premium theme or any other well-coded theme for your site.

11 - Setup Google Alerts to your niche.

When you get emails, post comments pointing to your site. But it has to be more than just "Thanks!" or "Nice post!".Give something back to the community.

Use QuickSprout tools and compare the sie you're commenting is better or worse than your site.

This is what I did and am still doing to get my views.

Since my blog is running for almost 60 days and I have 50 posts, it means that I've only missed 10 days (weekends, mostly).

StumbleUpon and Reddit will be your best Allies.

You need to stop worrying whether X or Y number of followers are in your site or not and focuse on writing up high quality content.

5 posts in a month is nowhere near enough to give you any sort of traffic. Ideally, you'd post 2 or 3 times per day.

I remember posting 5 times in a day.

Hope this helps.

~S~ WS1

Old 07-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSplitter1 View Post
9 - Don't put ads.
Just to clarify: I do have ads on my site but only non-intrusive ones and I don't plan to monetize them... yet.

But it's a bad practice to put ads right off the bat, especially if you don't have that many posts.
when can be the best time to post AD, because no AD, no money

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum