Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

My response is on my own website

Hello Friends,

I have a question.
As you looking on my title. Most of website allow you to give response of any post of blog on your site. In which we can get dofollow backlinks. But when I try this. It does not work. Please any body tell me how will it work.
You can check this site

<Links removed>

Please help me!

Last edited by ScriptMan; 10-25-2014 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Links removed

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Most websites including this one consider that as a link drop and delete them. It is also, by us considered bad form. The purpose of a forum is for propagation of knowledge and not self promotion.

Every now and then you may choose to quote a portion of one of your post and and attribute your site. We look closely at those to make sure the system is not being abused.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member

Sir I am facing Blank page Problem while create reference.
This is my method to fill form.
Suppose I have a post like this "Happy New Year 2015 Wallpaper" and my domain title is Happy New year 2015.
and form option are:

Article Title: Happy New Year 2015 Wallpaper
Article URL: post URL
Article Excerpt (optional):
Site Name: Happy New year 2015
Site URL (optional): Domain URL
Author Name: My Name

and click create reference
Please help me. Thanks in advance

sir According to me. only this forum help me a lot. Please sir I am so worry. please help me. why blank page while creating reference.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Every now and then you may choose to quote a portion of one of your post and and attribute your site. We look closely at those to make sure the system is not being abused.
Yes lots of forums don't allow self promotion, but allow you to pull a section from a post and reference it with a link.

So would you agree that you're better off signing up to a forum and creating a profile that has no relation to your site. That way, when you pull sections from your site and link back to it, nobody will actually know that it's your site and therefore nobody will know that you're self promoting. Off-course, you would have to link out to other sites to mix it up.

Your thoughts?

Old 11-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMBarracks View Post
Yes lots of forums don't allow self promotion, but allow you to pull a section from a post and reference it with a link.

So would you agree that you're better off signing up to a forum and creating a profile that has no relation to your site. That way, when you pull sections from your site and link back to it, nobody will actually know that it's your site and therefore nobody will know that you're self promoting. Off-course, you would have to link out to other sites to mix it up.

Your thoughts?
I'm not sure you a looking at this in the same manner as I do so without malice allow me to address your points.

I don't think you should misrepresent your information on any site. I think you should leave blank anything you do not care to share.

In most cases I don't think a contributing member is self promoting when they choose to quote something they already wrote. They may be lazy or a slow typist.

This site requires attribution for quoted content. Copying and pasting stuff here is one of the more common reasons for an early ban.

Attribution also helps you avoid a perception of duplicate content.

Even though many days it is hard attitude to maintain I believe most people join forums for the interaction with others as their primary goal. Any traffic they receive is just a bonus.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread