Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 06-13-2015, 12:46 AM

Unhappy Site traffic suddenly reduced by 10 times

I've started blogging on wordpress about 4 months ago. I used to share my posts on google+ communities, facebook, reddit, stumbleupon and pinterest. My site received plenty of traffic from these sources, mainly google+ (about 90% of daily traffic). Since the start of this month my site traffic has reduced by almost 10 times. My main source of traffic (google+ communities) don't send any traffic to site although I post all my new content there. Is my site marked as spam to google+ ? or is there any kind of new google update that is causing drop in traffic?
my site is http://www.techestuff.com techestuff.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 06-13-2015 at 05:21 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 12:08 AM
Contributing Member

Check in your Google Webmaster Tools. Maybe you get a massage from Google about the issue.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylwestrus View Post
Check in your Google Webmaster Tools. Maybe you get a massage from Google about the issue.
no there isn't any message from google

Old 06-24-2015, 03:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylwestrus View Post
Hey his site was getting traffic from google plus not from google.com , so nothing to do with webmaster tools .

Old 06-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamaahasn View Post
I've started blogging on wordpress about 4 months ago. I used to share my posts on google+ communities, facebook, reddit, stumbleupon and pinterest. My site received plenty of traffic from these sources, mainly google+ (about 90% of daily traffic). Since the start of this month my site traffic has reduced by almost 10 times. My main source of traffic (google+ communities) don't send any traffic to site although I post all my new content there. Is my site marked as spam to google+ ? or is there any kind of new google update that is causing drop in traffic?
Might be your site marked as spam to google+ .
You were not getting traffic from google , so there is nothing to do with google update .
You traffic has gone from social site not from search engine , try to get traffic from google.com .

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 07-05-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:26 AM
Contributing Member

Have you stopped promoting your blog on g+?
Maybe your blog is now not visible to g+ users.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:50 PM

Maybe people got less interested in your content? Was your topic controversial?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Banned

Their could be many reasons for this. May be in present you have didn't posted quality contents. Thats why anyone is not interesting in your posts and your traffic from G+ got down.... Or may be by mistake you have mad an privacy setting, so that users are not allowed to see that post. Please checkout if so..

Old 07-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamaahasn View Post
To make sure you content is enough quality and you posted to relevant communities. My personal experience of twitter. I random retweet the post from JustRetweet, and then I found that the number of link clicked drop because I tweeted low quality content.

I think that you should check your content, and focus on relevant communities..

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 07-05-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

3 reasons to reduce traffic

A Manual Penalty – this is when a member of the search engine webspam team physically demotes the ranking of specific parts of your site (individual pages, tactics or the entire site).
An Algorithmic Penalty – this occurs when your site has been impacted by changes in search engines’ algorithms (Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird).
Filtered Impact – if there is a sudden change in marketing strategies or page level infrastructure (a ranking page suddenly serves a 404 – page not found error).

Old 07-04-2015, 05:47 AM

I think Your site is penalized

Old 07-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Google is constantly refreshing its algorithm may be you will get the traffic again

Old 07-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseotrix View Post
3 reasons to reduce traffic

A Manual Penalty – this is when a member of the search engine webspam team physically demotes the ranking of specific parts of your site (individual pages, tactics or the entire site).
An Algorithmic Penalty – this occurs when your site has been impacted by changes in search engines’ algorithms (Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird).
Filtered Impact – if there is a sudden change in marketing strategies or page level infrastructure (a ranking page suddenly serves a 404 – page not found error).
He's talking about Google Plus in particular. You have some good ideas but perhaps it's a simple as your spamming Google Plus and your website got tagged for that, or more likely Google Plus just changed the way it presents content for people who are in your circles.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Banned

If you do spamming on your site using social media, google caught your site as spam.
I think Your site is penalized...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum